Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: camels in the coal mine!  (Read 2471 times)

GeneralValter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
camels in the coal mine!
« on: February 22, 2008, 01:01:00 pm »

I currently have three two-humped camels wandering around in my bituminous coal shaft, and they're scaring away all my coal miners. Has anybody else had this problem? I think there should be some kind of tag that keeps wild animals from wandering indoors.
quot;I guess all of the fairy tales were about people having their crap stolen." -Toady One

Chaz Turbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: camels in the coal mine!
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2008, 01:16:00 pm »

Well, I guess you could just place cage traps at the choke-points, eventually you'll have some pet camels.

Crafty Barnardo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2008, 02:09:00 pm »

You can also tell your squads to target wild animals and then station them in the mine shaft.
Crafty Barnardo cancels task:  distracted by shiny object

Furious Fish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2008, 07:27:00 am »

Weird . . . I also had a strange occurence earlier where I suddenly got a load of messages about my dwarves being "interrupted by two-humped camel", so I looked at where they were coming from, and the camels were all deep inside my fort (and there were like five or six of them). Either they all spontaneously decided to invade my fort and managed to sneak in Solid Snake-style without any of my dwarves seeing them until they were deep inside, or they got spawned there for some reason.
Slave to Hogfroth - God of Muck

Anfold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2008, 07:30:00 pm »

Obviously spies trained by the elves to sabotage your coal mining industry and force you to cut down more trees, merely so that they have an excuse to invade you  later.

I say slaughter them all.