Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 89

Author Topic: [Exalted 2e] Magical Hobos of Violence and JUSTICE. Day 2: A Hunting We Will Go.  (Read 46320 times)

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile

((If you aren't either Cogsmith, (possibly) Boksi, Dragnar, Drakeraids, IronyOwl or Lucus Casius, don't post or you'll be reported.))

-----

Since the fall of the Dragon-Blooded Shogunate eight centuries past, the Scavenger Lands have forged their own destiny in defiance of both the odds and the forces of the Scarlet Empire. Shattered by the twin blows of the Great Contagion and the subsequent invasion by the Fair Folk, the former River Province of the Shogunate rebuilt itself, eschewing the Realm’s help and its dominance. Defending their independence again and again over the centuries, the states of the Scavenger Lands have grown into economic powerhouses and bastions of freedom that are the envy and inspiration of the rest of the free world.

To the Scarlet Dynasty, they are a constant thorn and irritation, a source of shame and a drain on resources. To those who would rebel against the Realm, the Scavenger Lands are where heroes raised a banner of defiance and built a group of kingdoms that still hold firm and free. To their inhabitants, they are home, soaked in the blood of the ancestors who fought for their freedom, protected by the gods they worship, hallowed by the ancient dead who still watch over them.

Called the City of Temples or the House of Festivals by some, known simply as Decadence to others, cited as an example of god-ruled slavery by Immaculates across Creation, cursed by the Deathlords and famous throughout the Scavenger Lands, Great Forks is one of the most prosperous and enlightened cities in the Confederation of Rivers. Known for tolerance, art, culture and learning, but also for revels, drug production, slavery and direct rule by immortal gods, Great Forks is a favorite destination of those looking for a good time—if not necessarily a relaxing one.

As you special few have traveled though out the Scavenger Lands, always just ahead of those who are against the return of the Deliberative, you have found yourselves at the gates to this great city. A festival fills the streets, revelers and merry-makers of all ages reveling and merry-making. The height of Summer approaches, with only a few short days until Calibration, but the inhabitants of the City seem to have decided to start early this year.

What you you do?
« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 11:12:03 pm by Akigagak »
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: [Exalted 2e] Magical Hobos of Violence and JUSTICE.
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2010, 06:55:16 pm »

Opium and whores.

Wait, Temperance 5. Shit.

In that case, Flowing Molten Gold will calmly walk through the city, observing the merriment. He'll keep an eye out for any differences between various groups, being curious as to what causes different people to sink to varying levels of revelry, but he'll mainly be looking for the sorts of people who are at the festival because it's a large gathering and they have important business to attend to, rather than being at the festival to party.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

DrakeRaids

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2010, 07:03:53 pm »

No one saw her, but she saw everything, and that, was just the way she liked it. Sitting on the roof of a guardhouse, one of the tallest buildings around the gate, Lera, the Alabaster Lion smiled lazily as she lolled about in the sun, one half opened eye watching the constant stream of travels entering the fabled city. Her cloths shimmered lightly in the sun, a simple pants and shirt set, with the center piece being an odd, silver, collar like necklace worn on her throat. Her cloths seemed to blend into the mortar of the roof of their own accord, shielding her from the few curious enough to look above, and giving her ample freedom to enjoy the sun. It had been boring lately, and this, was a problem, she thought as she took a long swig of the stolen drink she had pilfered earlier.

This town was more interesting then most, to be fair, but still seemed somewhat dull. She needed action, something to do in between the mindless theft and tavern brawls. A purpose, that she wasn't finding her. There where heroic deeds to be done, and legends didn't write themselves! Sighing she pushed herself up to look over the living city, tail whipping anxiously and legs swinging haphazardly as she resettled.

This entire city could be hers if  she wanted it. On hand reached out, as if to grab a toy, or a distant fruit, as it curled around the city below her. All she had to do was take it.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2010, 07:06:22 pm by DrakeRaids »
Thought of the Week: "Even in Winter, the cold isn’t always bitter, and not every day is cruel..."
=I= ONLY A FOOL CLAIMS TO KNOW EVERYTHING BUT FEAR NOTHING =I=

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2010, 08:00:04 pm »

Dragnar wanders the streets of the great city without purpose. He has no real reason to be here, and is merely watching the festivities from afar. After spending some time exploring, he picks up his cat, Emmit, and leaps to the top of a nearby tavern. After handing the cat a few scraps, he sets it down and begins walking across the rooftops, staying out of sight while he surveys the layout of the city from a totally different point of view, one most can never see.

((Not really trying to copy Drake's intro, I just really likes the views from assassin's creed))
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

DrakeRaids

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2010, 08:09:50 pm »

It was then that something caught her eye. She drew her hand back suddenly as she watched the man, appear suddenly onto the roofs, leaping from one to another with practice ease. She felt she was supposed to know him. But she had never seen him before in her life, she knew this, or at least. She licked her lips, and grinned slightly, moving along the higher roofs as she worked to keep pace with the odd man, pushing herself slightly to push ahead when...

"Wwwwwwwwwwwwhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!"

The cry split the air as she leaped above him, aiming to land on his back, sending him to the ground. And so she did, her feet connecting smoothly with his back and sending him crashing onto the roof, and shattered tiles flying in every direction while she remained perfectly perched on his back. Tail whipping rapidly through the air she bent down to examine him with odd, slanted blue eyes, and a wide grin filled with surprisirngly sharp teeth.

"Ohai."
Thought of the Week: "Even in Winter, the cold isn’t always bitter, and not every day is cruel..."

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2010, 08:24:30 pm »

Dragnar simply stares in shock for a moment, blinking rapidly, before responding to the unusual woman who just crashed into him.

"...Buh? Um... why are you standing on me? And are you planning to get off anytime soon?"
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

DrakeRaids

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2010, 08:28:36 pm »

"Maybe. Maaaybe not." Lera tapped his head with one finger as she gradually shifted into a cross legged position ontop of him. "Who are you?" She asked suddenly, continuing her rhythmic tapping of his head, "I know you. But I don't remember where." Her memory had never been that great, but she felt this was important. She should know this, who was he?

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2010, 08:31:24 pm »

Rovell looked up uneasily as he heard the yell from the rooftops above him.  He increased his pace, hurrying towards the safety of the nearby alley.

It was the first time he had seen the city since he had accompanied his father on a business trip when he was very young.  He remembered not being very interested in all the sights at the time, being more entertained by the books his father had packed.  Not that this surprised his father at all.  Rovell never cared much for the work of the merchant.

He dropped his pack in the alley and sat down next to it.  He didn't want to risk staying at an inn, though he could easily afford it.  Safer to stay away for now, as he wasn't entirely sure that he had managed to avoid anyone tailing him.

An old friend of his was planning to meet him near one of the smaller markets later in the day.  For now, Rovell would wait.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2010, 08:55:57 pm »

"I'm Dragnar, and I don't seem to remember you... I think. And I don't think I would forget someone so... Exuberant." As he speaks, Dragnar twists himself around enough to get a good look at Lera. "No, I definitely don't know you. Now could you please let me stand up?"

DrakeRaids

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2010, 09:03:01 pm »

As he turned around to face her he suddenly found her face only inches away from his, her eyes staring directly into his, examining him in a way that was disconcertingly similar to the way a cat looked at a trapped mouse. She didn't move to even acknowledge he had spoken, simply stared, seemingly thinking about something very, very, very hard. "You a lunar maybe? I could have seen you at a meeting, no, thats not it.... Could you, naw. But maybe. Are you a lawbringer? Drwagnar?" she stopped her infernal poking at that, looking down at him, waiting for an answer.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2010, 09:12:14 pm »

Dragnar gulps at the sight of the Lunar's face mere inches away from him, glancing quickly around for some way out from under her before answering. "A lawbringer? Yeah, relatively recently too, I guess. And I take it you are a Lunar... Which still doesn't explain why you are sitting on me!" With fleeing out of the question Dragnar begins to instead become annoyed at this turn of events.

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2010, 09:17:11 pm »

Rovell looked up again.  He was almost certain that he had heard someone just claim to be a Solar.  However, no one would be that foolish, so he instantly dismissed it and went back to waiting in silence.

DrakeRaids

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2010, 09:25:27 pm »

"Weeeeeeeeeeeeee!"

In one solid motion she stepped off his back and looped an arm around his stomach as she stood up, using that momentum to throw him high into the air as she spoke, "You're my solar pet!" She didn't remember all the terminology, but she new that there was one solar for every lunar, bound to them and supposed to help them and something. She had obliviously found hers! "Oh we're going to have so much fun Drwagnar." She said, looking up as he came hurtling down... A few feet further then she could move to catch him. "Opps. Sorry about that!" She said, waving as he fell.

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2010, 09:40:05 pm »

Rovell looked up once more, this time with annoyance, when he heard the shout.  Apparently, someone really had claimed to be a Solar.

He saw a body-shaped outline against the sky flung up and off a nearby roof, on a trajectory which would take it directly into his alley.  He cursed.  Corpses flying in his direction were hardly anything new, but he did not want trouble now, when he could still be hunted.

He pressed himself against the alley wall, waiting for the body to land.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2010, 09:46:45 pm »

As Dragnar fell he twisted his body around and slowed his fall by grabbing onto the nearest window frame, before landing in a roll... that ending with him crashing right into Rovell. "Ack! Sorry, sorry, no time to talk, crazy lady up there!"

Dragnar quickly stands back up and starts running deeper into the alleyways.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 89