Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: The Dark Side doesn't pay like it used to - The Idiocy Strikes Back  (Read 10848 times)

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
Re: The Dark Side doesn't pay like it used to.
« Reply #75 on: August 22, 2010, 02:59:11 am »

Now now, that's all from RoTJ.

Need to find something from A New Hope and Empire too.

Empire had C3P0 making an ass of himself while stuck on Chewie's back throughout the so emotional and dramatic scenes toward the end.  Remember, helpfully explaining carbonite to the audience and then being banged into doorways?

As for New Hope, uh...  Han running around like an idiot in the Death Star, apparently befuddling the entire garrison by yelling loud enough while he shoots at them.  I never could figure that chase scene out.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 22, 2010, 04:15:30 am »

Where have you been for the last three years?
Presumably in 1975, 76 and 77.
How he's using the internet from nearly 15 years before it was invented I'm not entirely sure.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
Re: The Dark Side doesn't pay like it used to - The Idiocy Strikes Back
« Reply #77 on: September 16, 2010, 05:00:43 am »

There is a trend forming.  Man robs a convenience store while wearing a (cheap) Darth Vader mask.  However, this time it's clearly an impostor.  While Vader's helmet does make an excellent disguise, especially the ones with those voice-box things, it helps if you don't walk into the store with your face exposed, and then put on your "disguise" right in front of a camera.

Also, he robbed the place with a butcher knife, what the Hell.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 16, 2010, 05:07:54 am »

It wasn't a butcher knife! It was a Lightsaber! He was just using the force to polymorph it!

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 16, 2010, 10:14:54 am »

The Empire is also strongly inspired by the Third Reich, and they do things like opress minority groups (the aliens), take slaves, and take from the poor.

You mean in the movies? I've only ever watched the movies and I never saw anything like that and the Expanded Universe is waaaay to damn complicated and not really made by George.
There are lots of slaves in the movies. The oppression is similar, the power is similar, etc.

If you watch Vader walk it looks just like Hitler. Hell, stormtroopers was the name of a Nazi organization, the SA.

The only slaves in the movies are in the prequels. And on a planet outside the Republic.

There are no slaves in the original movies; Chewbacca's origin story comes solely from the Expanded Universe, and the "minority/female oppression" was a Shrug of God from Lucas after fans noticed that there were no aliens or women in imperial forces. Note that there are almost no aliens or women in rebel forces, actually, besides Nien Nunb (who is a smuggler), Chewbacca (who is also a smuggler) and Admiral Ackbar (who is a goddamn squid or fish or whatever twisted into humanoid form).

At any rate, ask Lucas today and he'll say that the lack of women or aliens was intentional; most likely he pulled it out of his ass the same way he did the "Luke and Leia are siblings" plot tweest.
The Wookies are slaves definitely comes from the Holiday Special, which is totally canon, even though it never happened.
Also: the Stormtroopers were falling back to their support, even though they heavily outgunned and outnumbered Chewie and Han.  Han was making sure that they stayed running by acting like an idiot.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2010, 10:21:39 am by zchris13 »
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 16, 2010, 01:59:01 pm »

There is a trend forming.  Man robs a convenience store while wearing a (cheap) Darth Vader mask.  However, this time it's clearly an impostor.  While Vader's helmet does make an excellent disguise, especially the ones with those voice-box things, it helps if you don't walk into the store with your face exposed, and then put on your "disguise" right in front of a camera.

Also, he robbed the place with a butcher knife, what the Hell.
Cops would shoot you if you were armed with a gun.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 16, 2010, 02:06:46 pm »

Over here there was a big fuss when they gunned down a (drugged up?) teenager with a knife who was charging at them. As long as you have a weapon the danger is there.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 16, 2010, 02:17:21 pm »

Yeah, but you're much less likely to get shot if you actually want to surrender when surrounded.  They might decide that someone unbalanced enough to rob somewhere dressed as Darth Vader is unbalanced enough to try and shoot his way out :P.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 16, 2010, 02:27:27 pm »

Eh, I've seen video of a cop gunning down a guy who wasn't armed at all, nor on drugs, just punching him. According to the report, said guy died before the ambulance even arived. No charges filed, so a weapon is not a prerequisite to being shot by the cops.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 16, 2010, 02:29:48 pm »

It does decrease the chances. What decreases the chances even more is not being on drugs and not attacking the cop at all.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 16, 2010, 02:30:00 pm »

That's sufficient evidence, I'm convinced.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 16, 2010, 02:36:47 pm »

Here is the video I was referencing, if anyone is interested.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 16, 2010, 02:39:48 pm »

Okay, what? He smashed his head into a concrete wall and tore his eyebrow off? I probably would have shot him too, if my tazer hadn't worked.

But then, I'll never know unless I end up in a similar situation.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 16, 2010, 06:09:31 pm »

Was the guy reaching for the police officer's gun?  That'd probably be grounds for using it.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 16, 2010, 06:13:12 pm »

Was the guy reaching for the police officer's gun?  That'd probably be grounds for using it.
Not really no.  Should have used their geass.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]