Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12

Author Topic: My Wife Searched My Post History For Relationship Related Threads  (Read 32789 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: My Wife Searched My Post History For Relationship Related Threads
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2010, 12:52:24 pm »

Definitely talk to her about it. Explain how you feel, but also be sure to make sure you listen to how she feels, and let her explain why she did it.
Love, scriver~

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2010, 02:22:25 pm »

...wait, so she looked for all relationship-related threads? Does that mean she saw the Pathos "how do I get my girlfriend to lactate without her noticing" one? Oh man, that's sitcom-misunderstanding material right there.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2010, 02:24:44 pm »

...wait, so she looked for all relationship-related threads? Does that mean she saw the Pathos "how do I get my girlfriend to lactate without her noticing" one? Oh man, that's sitcom-misunderstanding material right there.
"But honey, I thought this is what you wanted!"
"No baby, it's creepy and weird. Why would you even think I wanted you to do this?"
"... Sources..."
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

moocowmoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2010, 02:32:54 pm »

Create a blog with her name in it and make the only post in it contain the words: "EXCUSE ME, WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING"

That's a good plan right there.

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
  • Riverend's Flame-beater of Earth-Wounders
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2010, 03:02:59 pm »

Hold on, let me check.
I should probably have my head checked, because I find myself in complete agreement with Nikov.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2010, 03:04:50 pm »

Wait, how are you figuring all this out? The history log from when she was using your computer last?
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2010, 03:05:38 pm »

Hold on, let me check.

Yes, Metal. And no, she didn't see the lactation thread. Well, she probably DID, but opted not to open it because she deals with lactation enough anyway.

Badum-skkkk!
I should probably have my head checked, because I find myself in complete agreement with Nikov.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2010, 03:38:41 pm »

Yes, Metal. And no, she didn't see the lactation thread. Well, she probably DID, but opted not to open it because she deals with lactation enough anyway.

Badum-skkkk!
I am torn between being happy for you and sad because of the missed opportunity  ;).
By the way... Doesn't the way you found out about it imply that you were snooping (ehehe... potty humor) around to see what she had been doing?
Love, scriver~

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2010, 04:39:00 pm »

Your comment about lactation where she's concerned makes me think she's pregnant or recently gave birth. If so, her emotions are likely still haywire. She might even be feeling down about her pregnant or post-pregnant body, even if you reassure her. Talk it over with her, in a kind and gentle way.  She's likely fretting about you still finding her sexy and attractive.  Pregancy and having the baby can really fuck with a woman's head.
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2010, 04:48:09 pm »

My girlfriend does this too. I subtly hinted to her that I could do the same. She replied by giving me her password to everything and daring me to do it. For some reason, all my exgirlfriends don't mind giving me all their passwords.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2010, 04:53:27 pm »

Your comment about lactation where she's concerned makes me think she's pregnant or recently gave birth. If so, her emotions are likely still haywire. She might even be feeling down about her pregnant or post-pregnant body, even if you reassure her. Talk it over with her, in a kind and gentle way.  She's likely fretting about you still finding her sexy and attractive.  Pregancy and having the baby can really fuck with a woman's head.

If I recall, his wife had a baby in late june, so she is probably still breastfeeding. So you're right about recently gave birth....

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2010, 06:10:33 am »

Nikov, won't she find this thread?

Seriously though, just talk to her about it. If she felt the need to do something like that, it seems important to figure out why.

Distract her with gin and chocolate. Women love those things.

Speaking of post histories, has this guy ever said anything in a Life Advice thread that wasn't idiotic trolling?
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2010, 06:22:12 am »

I think he made this thread so she finds it.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2010, 07:01:34 am »

Its funny, because immediately after posting I asked her what she was doing and she said she was searching to see why I had been angry at her the day before and trying to see what was wrong. Instead she claims I sounded like such an incredible man all the time, and was so happy to see me showing all the good parts of our relationship and bragging about her. We then had sex, about fifteen or thirty minutes of peace, then had a big argument in which I told her about everything on my mind in the last week and why I'd been so angry. Then she was kind of resentful, went off to do the dishes, came back having thought about it and realized she'd missed emotional connections with me so much because I'd been bottling up my angry ( like any man should ) and confusing that for not caring about what happened, when she realized I was really worried for us and missed her. So then we had sex again and she made pork tenderloin for dinner.

So yeah, all your advice sucked because "confront, have sex, rage, make her work, have sex, have dinner" wasn't part of any of your suggestions. I was just seeing if any of you had a clue how to keep a marriage running.

Maggarg; she doesn't drink, much to my disappointment. Alcohol is something of an issue between us.

Nyx; yes, it screws with her head. No, you have no idea how badly.

Scriver; Eeew, that's gross and nothing I would publicly admit to doing except to gloat. PS; remarkably sweet.

DJ; good luck even getting engaged with that attitude.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2010, 07:02:30 am »

Well, glad to hear it went well, man.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12