Dwarf Fortress > DF General Discussion

Odd purple tint.

<< < (3/4) > >>

Jaqie Fox:
I'm confused as to why you are GLAD you don't have the ability to turn something on or off as you please.And to quote microsoft themselves: http://www.microsoft.com/typography/grayscal/smoother.htm "Other operating systems Microsoft Windows 98, Windows ME, Windows NT 4, Windows 2000 and Windows XP have font smoothing built-in.
Windows 9x, Windows 2000 and Windows XP - Font smoothing can be activated via the 'Effects' tab on the 'Display Properties' control panel."[ March 23, 2007: Message edited by: Jaqie ]

herrbdog:
I don't think it does a good job. And, 'cause for me, XP sucks.

Jaqie Fox:
OK if you don't think it does a good job then why are you GLAD that you think (wrongly, as I pointed out above) that you can't turn it off?Font smoothing is NOT cleartype, they are somewhat similar but seperate technologies.

herrbdog:
Well, I guess I have a buggy version of 2k then, 'cause I do not have the option to 'smooth edges of screen fonts'.I do not have it enabled, nor would I want it so.Make sense now?

Jaqie Fox:
Uh... it's enabled by default in 2000.Disabling web folders or web view or active desktop or somesuch turns off the ability to change the setting, but doesnt turn the setting off. (been a while since I used 2000pro for anything but a server, so what exactly disables the option to turn it on or off I cannot remember)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version