Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 698 699 [700] 701 702 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2009794 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #10485 on: June 09, 2016, 11:45:23 pm »

Dragons are seriously OP.

In all fairness they are probably OP in the books too.

Sometimes it is interesting to play these games from a "Plot" POV in that usually games HUGELY give factions plot armor so they can fight toe to toe with factions that are far more powerful then them (since really the books can't really continue to explain HOW they could win).

This sounds like what would happen if all of a sudden the books stopped and the natural course took its place.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #10486 on: June 10, 2016, 12:20:01 am »

Dragons are seriously OP.

In all fairness they are probably OP in the books too.

Sometimes it is interesting to play these games from a "Plot" POV in that usually games HUGELY give factions plot armor so they can fight toe to toe with factions that are far more powerful then them (since really the books can't really continue to explain HOW they could win).

This sounds like what would happen if all of a sudden the books stopped and the natural course took its place.

To be fair, the stock game suggests that by the present day, every living human should be a Karling.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #10487 on: June 10, 2016, 12:26:46 am »

Ask any random individual of european descent who bothers to learn anything of their ancestry and they'll say they're descended from Charlemagne (which they are almost surely correct about), so that's not entirely wrong.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10488 on: June 10, 2016, 03:19:41 am »

Actually, it's a theorem of population genetic that after enough generation (roughly log(2) of the population I think), everyone will be either the ancestor of every person alive, or of no one at all. Assuming a bunch of stuff like homogeneous population mixing and so on of course.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #10489 on: June 10, 2016, 05:43:32 am »

Ask any random individual of european descent who bothers to learn anything of their ancestry and they'll say they're descended from Charlemagne (which they are almost surely correct about), so that's not entirely wrong.
We're all Karling Mongols.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

LordBrassroast

• Bay Watcher
  • Wibble.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10490 on: June 10, 2016, 10:13:53 am »

Well, in my Glorious Pink Viking game, Karl is a nobody commander in East Anglia and some random Pict 10 year old is King of the Franks. Not sure how this happened, Title History just says Inherited.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #10491 on: June 10, 2016, 12:08:06 pm »

Charlemagne/Genghis OTP?

...I'll be in my bunkslash fiction corner
Love, scriver~

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #10492 on: June 10, 2016, 05:09:35 pm »

"Join me and together we could rule the world!"

"...but I already do that."

(either one could be either speaker)
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #10493 on: June 10, 2016, 05:16:28 pm »

Caromongoling Empire 5ever

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10494 on: June 10, 2016, 05:31:00 pm »

Charlemagne/Genghis OTP?

...I'll be in my bunkslash fiction corner
But who will be on top? Is it Genghis? Genghis was all about penetrating deep into Europe and "Asia" from multiple thrusts.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Lukewarm

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps, if you ask nicely.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10496 on: June 12, 2016, 10:05:18 am »

" We don't want you to weaken your Dynasty. "
Yes councilmen, I get it, four of you are Glory Hounds. However, you're actively weakening my dynasty by not letting me imprison and legally murder my decadent-ass brothers, you stupid DOUBLE KAFIRS.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10497 on: June 12, 2016, 05:05:27 pm »

Did they ever fix the bug wrt reforming religions and the lose of a permanent family crest?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10498 on: June 12, 2016, 08:16:12 pm »

Well, I got all nostalgic for this, and rolled up a Lithuanian.

I started as a count, mrderized my liege, murderized his son, and inherited the high chiefdom.

I went to war with my 4 county neighbor, and while fighting the most fair war Ill ever fight, 1.8k v 1.6k troops, A neighbor dowed me with 1.6k troops.

I won my first war by splitting off a nublit of troops and baiting the ai into doing ai things and thus abusing their lack of understanding of warscore.  Then I handily beat back chlemmo.

Chlemmo, facing this defeat, got dowed by Norse as soon as we ended our war.  I was still recuperating.  Norse won handily.

Norsemen, being true jerkasses, dowed piss, and piss was off dowing another person.  Thats twice now Ive been dowed while at war with another.  :|

I gave them the county they conquested for, because they threatened to take a tribe and I need fast reinforcements to unify the land before people start marrying off their kids for allies.  Now I have 60% of lithuania and some of finland.

I dowed the norse as they faced a rebellion from chlemmo, and together we got them free (for me to dow) and I got my county back.
I then prompty dowed the high chief of chlemmo and took that.

Now, in 782, a mere 13 years after the game began, I have all of lithuania and 4 more providences.  I have a wife who is cheating on me (because a 24 intrique gen zero character with a history of murdering people is who you want to cheat on) but the kid is an attractive quick, which both his mums and dad is.

What are the odds of the kid being a bastard if he has the traits of his mom and dad (attractive-quick)?  Low enough I dont feel like killing her like I initially wanted to do when she got pregnant.

In other news, Ive imprisoned my way into people liking me.  Ive done so much tyranny and reshuffling that everyone is +40-+80 to me, despite the -60 penalties or above.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

LordBrassroast

• Bay Watcher
  • Wibble.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10499 on: June 12, 2016, 08:37:26 pm »

My lieges are both morons.

Vassal of Byzantium, pledged fealty as a Serb in Charledate. Planning to eat the ERE from the inside and become Emperor of Serbia. Revolt to lower CA happens, I'm part of it. Somehow the Patriarchate joins our side, this will be important later. So, we have more men than the Emperor, and my liege goes around sieging things. The Emperor smashes the Patriarchy (pun intended) and captures their Constantinople bishopric, for -62% warscore. Even after this, we're at a healthy 75%. We could win the war right then, but my moron liege refuses to capture Constantinople. Like, he is literally sieging everything but Constantinople. Even worse, warscore is capped at 75% for some reason from all our battles AND occupations, even though we should be winning by 150%. I would do this shit myself, but I don't have the men or the money. Eventually, the Emperor gets his shit together and beats the piss out of the revolt leaders army and begins countersieging holdings with impunity. At that point, I just saved and ragequitted. PERUN CHRIST, YOU DUMBSHIT, YOU HAD 6,000 MEN AND YOU COULDN'T TAKE ONE DAMN HOLDING TO WIN THE WAR?!
Pages: 1 ... 698 699 [700] 701 702 ... 1002