Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 702 703 [704] 705 706 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2009315 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #10545 on: June 25, 2016, 12:12:02 pm »

(long story)
Vassalize your friend, form the empire, and leave it as elective so your buddy has the potential to regain authority. That latter action will encourage him to agree to vassaldom, and will also help keep things cordial. The two together will allow him to regain his dignity after losing most of Britannia. And it makes you a good bloc to work together against the other players and pursue your logical next steps: Consolidate the isles, then fuck France.
He was already vassalized. What I did was leave the game, let him choose someone else, and I played as a duke in France instead. I didn't want to play as a big empire heh.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10546 on: June 25, 2016, 01:37:43 pm »

(long story)
Vassalize your friend, form the empire, and leave it as elective so your buddy has the potential to regain authority. That latter action will encourage him to agree to vassaldom, and will also help keep things cordial. The two together will allow him to regain his dignity after losing most of Britannia. And it makes you a good bloc to work together against the other players and pursue your logical next steps: Consolidate the isles, then fuck France.
He was already vassalized. What I did was leave the game, let him choose someone else, and I played as a duke in France instead. I didn't want to play as a big empire heh.
Well that's a boring end to that story.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10547 on: June 25, 2016, 06:57:12 pm »

FemKs grandson, emperor kurlemuse, had seen his crown authority at zero.  He raised it to low, and got to work, dowing sweden and letting them take the free swedish romuvans who refused to vassalize back in.

He began a campaign against bohemia and the teutonic order of hungary, taking select states and making sure to not declare (holy) wars he wouldnt gain much out of.  Its open season on the last few remaning vikings of the game, but the christains ...?

Well, The pope is currently in a bit of a jam.  That whole antipope thing coupled with a few lost holy wars and crusades saw zero percent catholic authority.  Thus, heresies sprang up, most prominently the lollards.  The lollards took over the byzantine empire, and west francia was united into byzantine somewhen down the line.  Bavaria, burgundy, and middle francia have all been almost wiped out by my own carefully planned dows and the more erradic dowing of the Ratnest of Romuva as they all ganged up on the holy orders.  The only properly christain states I know of are the spainish ones, who continuously, albiet slowly, take back spain, and the aquitaine nation.

At age, 61, Im ready for him to die, his 31 year old heir is named pisskop, is weaker than he is, and is bethrothed to a now 14 year old genius.  So while christianity seems weakened and lost, the byzantines have added a new problem by being alive and in my way.  I also have to check, but sooner or later noncatholic holy orders should happen, and I dont know about the varangian guard.

The far east has fallen apart, so to speak, into a quarreling mass.  I think I lost some romvuan supporters over there, but I see one or two solid pink colors out there.

Africa and egypt are of the same dynasty.  Budhists have expanded out of india for some reason, idk why but  noticed it.

Other than that, Im getting somewhat concerned about the power of the choosen warband, who took over Rus and will happily vassal off to me if I asked, and the Archpriest.  The archpriest has been a huge aggrovating factor to the christains, dowing away from his holding in southern germany.  He hands me off an astounding 90gp a year now, and makes almost 10 net, after factoring in his retinue costs.  Thats dangerously powerful.  He wields anywhere from 3.5k to 6.5k troops depending on the martial of the holder, and provides me with 2.5k levies, at minimal church levies.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 07:03:34 pm by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10548 on: June 26, 2016, 02:28:44 pm »

Anyone playing the Warhammer: Geheimnisnacht mod? Its pretty early stages (only version 0.13). But a lot of the factions have their own unique mechanics. Still work to do on others, but its pretty involved for not even a "release" version.

I found out about it after I bought Warhammer Total War. I was looking for a game that was Warhammer fantasy, but did more with diplomacy/espionage...so I was pretty much looking for a crusader kings 2 or even europa universalis style warhammer game, and not so much a warhammer game that is 100% war all the time. Which warhammer total war is a ton of fun, but I like to do other stuff besides war as well :P

Turns out, CK2 has a warhammer mod already that I never knew about lol until my friend told me. And I already have all the Ck2 dlcs too.

Some unique mechanics like there is Queen neferata over by Sylvania (kinda hidden away in the mountains) who can send out vampires to turn others into vampires. So you can have a whole huge family tree of vampires. And you can set up "cults" (forgot exact wording) in other nations, and they give that province it is setup negative and you get bi-annual income from it. Can even seduce other vampires and humans to give you troops (that cost no upkeep) or money.

Another one I like really well that I tried is the High Elves. They don't actually expand, but what they can do is attack provinces and setup colonies that become their own nation. They also have to deal with tons of annoying raiders. And, civil war(s) if you choose to help the world.

My favorite though is Morathi, over in the Dark Elf place, mother of the Witch King. Its kinda a hard start, but she starts off with the immortal trait and a bunch of magic. So she can be pretty powerful later. Dark elves have to deal with TONS of factions though, and they are always in civil unrest. Actually have to play pretty diplomatic-like and make sure everyone is always happy. Probably most diplomatic focused one of the bunch (at least of ones I tried), where as Queen neferata is the most espionage focused one.

Really enjoying the warhammer mod though :)
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10549 on: June 27, 2016, 01:34:09 pm »

Emperor PKVII (only bloody VII ...) completed the land of ruthenia and took the last holy site for his own.  Russia has cut off communications with us, and in fact would plow their 14k troops into us if given a chance.  Im thinking I should have vassalized the choosen warband and russia when I had the chance...

Kurlemuse II, a name of my choosing (just like his 16 year senior sister is named after femkop) is a wee lad of 1 year old, but either lucked or skilled into a really, really decent spot.  No revokations of crown authority here, although the game prepped for it by booting my mother, who wouldn't grant it to the `98% faction.  Or so I assume, since now an italian high chief duke is reagent.  Not that kurlemuse knows that.

Without enough piety to declare a holy war I cant take advantage of italys special predicament.  Lets see...  about 40 years ago a catolic crusade was called on lombardy.  The lollardly lombardy got zero support from byzantine since they were fighting a rebellion in west francia and fighting off a caliph from th other side of the world.  They lost, a sweet young maiden named  Judith 'the gentle' with a  ballin' statline was put into control, only to lose it soon after because she kept all 23 title for herself and thus couldn't raise an army when the lollards lolled back in.  But nonethe less, she converted and made a high chiefdom dukedom and passed them off so she could revolt now.  The king of italy, since he is now italian, has a whooping 1k soldiers to defend himself againts his vassal, who fields 11k.  lollards.

Anywho, no holy war for me, and Im sure shitting putting diplomacy at the forefront of my byzantine relationship.
Theres a 3-way war going on for Europe, between the lollards of byzantia, Austeria, and the catholics.

You know, I almost want crown authority to drop so the vassals can dow one another and straighten out the tangle they tend to get into by crossbreeding.  Or you know, the guy with the biggest gun takes everything.

Anywho, we are closing in on 1200, and the khans.  I really, really, desperately hope that they arent gimped like the emperor ai tends to be.  :(

The cali of the shia, from spain declared his intentions to jihad across the faces of some plebs ... from egypt.  Lolwat?
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10550 on: June 27, 2016, 08:18:57 pm »

Oh heys, I do conclude they fixed his aggression problems.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
PKs DF Mod!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10551 on: June 29, 2016, 01:36:44 pm »

Well, I mean 'fixed' in the most immediate and loose of terms.  Its fixed in that he's much morew aggressive and the zealous makes him hate a lot of people, but after the death of the first khan the ilkhanate sat around until he decided that Sunni Muslimism was for him and hasnt done a thing but get dowed by the still tengrian golden horde for land.

Perm and russia are still romuvan and still exist, and are my headcannon examples of how the coast and northern sections of the Asian continent are converting, even if muslim thought is spreading down the southern half.

I beat that golden horde, because 53k troop sitting on a hill over a river will be 56k horsemen crossing said river to climb said hill.
The aztecs landed in spain and england.  They took a county in wales and are content to rub their balls over the welsh, but other than thaty and half of the larger muslim nation of Spain they arent doing all that much.

English pastimes aside, I am dissappoint.

The golden horde just dowed me right after I finished a war with the byzantines.  Its such a fucking grind to take land from the byzantines.  And one duchy at a time is crap.  Same goes for the catholics post-crusade, because those damn holy orders entrench themselves so deeply.

Right now Im sitting with my child emperor, and this is by far the closest fight Ive seen so far:

oh man, those reinforcements will make all the difference.  If I can get a third column back before the middle one runs Ill win this massive 60k v 55k troop fight.  We are 1-1 for Victories in battle involving more than 40k troops so far; they fucked my 20k retinue up.

pedit:  I looked at the picture, and it looks like it already happened.   Well, without their magicpony event stack they wont be winning this war.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 01:38:30 pm by pisskop »
PKs DF Mod!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10552 on: June 30, 2016, 09:11:51 pm »

Though Im sure you all lament it, this will be the last of my little ironman updates :(

the year is 1368

Empress Drade or Darde or whomever, is the last in the line of Pisskops.  She is a middle aged empress, who inherited after her father -suprise- got himself stabbed in the eye.  A lot of these children seem to inherit that way.

Anywho, as she grew up in the care of her uncle, a charming homosexual archpriest with way too much diplomacy for his own good, she gained quite a reputation for herself, actually getting really positive reviws for personal diplomacy (+60 repore as a kid is fantastic to me).  She did a bit of magicing to get herself out of a tight spot or two, such as sending her moron regeants to the very last slavic holding of the game, ironically right outside my borders.  The game seemed fond of trying to appoint literal morons as regeants, so I was fond of sending them to the last pagan holdout, such as the last seuomosican one in perm, a romuvan nation.  the last norseman is in ireland too

so as an adult shes catherime the great, seducing her way into the hearts of men

Mali is romuvan, but Ive seen no choosen warband settlements down there.  The Khans converted to muslim, and so did the aztecs.  The ztecs were the most peaceful people of the game, even having an emperor with sympathy to pagans, catholics, and jews at the same time!

My empire is vast, and practically all of Europe, excepting Greece.

There are a few byzantine holdouts, but I control and hold the titles for the empires of scandanavia, wendia, germania, and frace, and I own Britain and the wales kingdom sans the aztec bukaki county.

Im almost as strong as they are, mustering a full 160k troops to their event spawned, and still alive, 170.  ridiculous how peaceful they are.

My heir was a slow guy with no skills, but he died so its all good and now the king of wales, my cruel but skilled son, will.

I do own EU, but I have considerably less time spent on it and almost no DLC.  So I dont know if I want to export this.  It would be interesting to play as several people, but not the Emperor of reomuva.  Also Im kind of bored now, having sat through 1400 or so autosaves.

People to look for:
-The byzantine empire is a Lollard nation of 60k troops againt the musie-blob and holding territory the austerians will want.
-The last pagans of the game all hold single counties.  And only 1 pagan per religion.
-The Last catholics of the game, in scotland/ireland and spain.

idk.  Mali?  One of my vassals?  Im interested in seeing the empire fall apart, tbh.

The Karlings are the emperors of byzantia, and I have 700 living relatives.
the golden horde has 25k event troops left, and the pope lost rome
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 09:27:05 pm by pisskop »
PKs DF Mod!

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10553 on: July 01, 2016, 11:25:35 am »

When you start a new game to make sure mods you acquired are jiving smoothly and to your liking... before going to bed.  This won't take long at all.  Then oh shit what time is it!?
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10554 on: July 03, 2016, 06:44:00 pm »

Fun short AAR

Started out as Moon Temple in the Elder Kings mod. Started with a slightly Martial-based Nord fellow with 19 Martial.

Got into a bunch of early inquisition wars with the Reach scum fellows, took their lands, went Warlord and ravaged Skyrim. I now hold pretty much everything west and north of Whiterun, with exception to a heavy hold-out of land to the north along the coast and a good chunk of the Falkreath area (the latter by Colovian Scum).

At this point, my nord had gone from 19 martial to 47 in about 30 years. The Colovian confederacy had a mass revolt right in the middle of their lands, so I took the opportunity to push them out of Skyrim... unfortunately, their revolt ended early and i'd only grapped a couple of their territories at approx 47% warscore. If you check out the map, theres a single pass between Skyrim and the Imperial lands, split along the border of Pale Pass and Moregate (sic).

1100 of their men showed up in Pale Pass, so i sent half of my army numbering 1500, with my leader leadering, to KO them before the rest of them showed up and became a problem. Just about to land in Pale Pass when 1100 suddenly becomes 3500. I poo a little, halt my forces to Moregate and call my minor armies from sieging to reinforce. The 3500 marches on me, my minors haven't got a chance.

By the time they arrive, the 3500 is sent running with around 1500 dead (2k army running into the fog of war), with as I imagine, my Thonnir Windaxe standing triumphantly and very bloody. I'll have to get a screenshot some time - it crashed right around this time, so I might even get a replay (and win again, if Mara allows).

Morale of the story -- Martial is important.

Edit:

Nope, looks like I've played a bit into the game, since.

« Last Edit: July 03, 2016, 06:52:16 pm by Azkanan »
A pool of Dwarven Ale.
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS ?

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10555 on: July 05, 2016, 05:21:12 pm »

Playing vanilla as the Ferraran count. Did nothing for a couple years but make a couple friends and start hoarding gold, and was rewarded with the title of Duke of Ferrara. I allied with my uncle, the duke of Tuscany, forged some documents proclaiming my right to control Modena, and conquered them.

So far it's been a very good game for writing a narrative, but I will say what just happened paints such a great picture.

My second gen Duke is a partying man, not overly skilled at anything but socially adept nonetheless. He decides to throw a feast, and a few of his vassals show up. While most of the party-goers pass out or go home, my bishop and steward decides he will stay up and chat. We become quick friends. In the middle of our conversation one of my servants bumps into him, spilling wine on his clothing. And so the bishop, a cruel and wicked priest, slashes his throat without hesitation.

So right now I'm stuck on deciding whether my current ruler would imprison a new friend or not after displaying such a disregard for life.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #10556 on: July 12, 2016, 06:07:24 pm »

Don't know if you have been keeping up with them, but there have been dev diaries for the next DLC and due to today's, I decided to copy them here because I have time. I'm skipping the ones that don't talk about the DLC

Spoiler: March 22nd (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: May 24th (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: May 31st (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: June 7th (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: June 14th (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: June 21st (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: June 28th (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: July 5th (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: July 12th - Today (click to show/hide)

Anyway, if you don't want to read through all that, the DLC is about disease and how there will only be two or maybe three DLCs after this one. Then CK2 is pretty much over.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #10558 on: July 12, 2016, 06:35:27 pm »

Had a good run so far with my latest game. Started as the Cerdicings, Petty Kings of Wessex. Managed to create the kingdom of England very early, and then went crazy with expansion, including taking advantage of an untimely Marking demise and weak infant heirs to claim the thrones of France and Middle Francia. It's not yet 1000, and I've already secured Brittania, and need only Italy/Lombardy to found the HRE.

The Norse staged a very early invasion of Crisis, which allowed them to reform Germanic super early, which has been a double-edged sword. Somewhat less potent, but far more stable. Sweden conquered Pictland, Crisis, and defended Saxony. Meanwhile the Ummayads hold all of Hispania, and until recently, Aquitaine and Brittany as well.
The Shia Caliphate arose in Persia early as well and is still holding strong.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #10559 on: July 13, 2016, 02:06:48 am »

Crisis?
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 702 703 [704] 705 706 ... 1002