Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 709 710 [711] 712 713 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2010364 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #10650 on: August 04, 2016, 07:24:00 pm »

Probably the opposite.  It should effect relevant titles, but not the rest of them.  Surely the purple son gets a kingdom, right?

I remember being a happy empress with no kingdoms, duchies and I *think* no counties.  But that's harshly disallowed now.  The born in the purple son should at least get some kingdom/duchy/county/[castle] combo.
Don't you need at least one County title to act as your capital? You definitely don't need the duchy.

Yeah, county is the minimum for a PC.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10651 on: August 04, 2016, 08:05:19 pm »

And yet I seem to remember, maybe about a year ago, being able to hold no castles.  I don't think I held anything besides an empire and a kingdom maybe.
But that was a RL year ago so who knows.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10652 on: August 04, 2016, 08:19:26 pm »

I find that unlikely, unless you broke the game or had a weird mod or something. Player needs at least a county (be it a castle or a city) to still be able to play. Has been like that since at least when I got the game (September time 2014)

Edit: unless you're in a Republic, I think if you're not the doge you can have a barony and still play.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 08:21:43 pm by hector13 »
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10653 on: August 04, 2016, 08:31:40 pm »

Definitely wasn't a republic or iqta.  But I'm not sure if it actually happened, it would have been a while ago.  I don't *think* I had any titles below kingdom, but I certainly could be wrong.  Good chance it was as Norse pagan, not that that should matter.

Was probably during the run where my countess became empress of Scandinavia through hijinks [No cheating, though!  Just weak claims].
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #10654 on: August 04, 2016, 08:35:35 pm »

Do the rest of you ever distribute kingdoms gained in holy wars or such out in county-sized parcels first, then upgrade counts to dukes, and then a duck to king? Or am I the only one who does that?
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10655 on: August 04, 2016, 08:51:33 pm »

Do the rest of you ever distribute kingdoms gained in holy wars or such out in county-sized parcels first, then upgrade counts to dukes, and then a duck to king? Or am I the only one who does that?

I do that sometimes. I generally do it by the Duchy though, and inevitably get annoyed with all the inter-marriages combining them all before going "STOP RUINING THE LOVELY DE JURE LINES YOU FUCKS"

Flying Carcass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10656 on: August 04, 2016, 10:16:29 pm »

Oh, I start at the temple/city/castle level, starting by carefully installing folks with high learning into the temple holdings so that my vassals can have an easier time converting the counties.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10657 on: August 04, 2016, 10:19:39 pm »

My policy for granting titles is primarily nepotist.  Blood first, then dynasty, then meh some luck shmuck.
She/they

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10658 on: August 04, 2016, 10:24:21 pm »

I give it to dynasty members with the highest stewardship, for easier culture change.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10659 on: August 04, 2016, 10:57:51 pm »

Question: If "Born in the Purple" is suppose to give my sons more right to be my heir, why is my first non-purple son still my heir? Is there a way to make my preferred son heir?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #10660 on: August 05, 2016, 08:33:48 am »

I find that unlikely, unless you broke the game or had a weird mod or something. Player needs at least a county (be it a castle or a city) to still be able to play. Has been like that since at least when I got the game (September time 2014)

Edit: unless you're in a Republic, I think if you're not the doge you can have a barony and still play.

No, this is wrong. The player needs at least one county, duke, king, or emperor level title to be able to play. It is perfectly possible for you to play while having a duke or higher level title yet only a barony level holding and no counties.

I've had gavelkind fuck off and give my character the Empire title and only a barony, while his siblings inherited all the kingdoms and county level titles.

The GoT mod also "abused" this possibility to make some of their "landless" canon characters playable when they otherwise would not have been.

Love, scriver~

Simon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10661 on: August 05, 2016, 09:00:03 am »

I present my Bavaria, the di*k of Europe.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also, the Pope is black.

Have a nice weekend!

JumpingJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10662 on: August 05, 2016, 04:11:32 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also, the Pope is black.

Have a nice weekend!
Judging by those blue splotches, I'd say that Sweden's bigger. :P
I'M NOT HERE TO CHAT, I'M HERE TO DANCE OVER YOUR DEFEAT.
Imagine how much more exciting the dinosaur exhibits would be if we had necromancers.
Sigtext

A Thing

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here for ya, kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10663 on: August 05, 2016, 04:23:51 pm »

Also, the Pope is black.

Have a nice weekend!

Doesn't look much like a dirk to me.
Wasteland 1 & 2
"Power Couple: Markus Athing & Cyborg 45"

Makes me curious, can cyborgs have future babies too?
On the offchance they can, I know who I want my daddy to be
(finished)Age of Decadence

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #10664 on: August 05, 2016, 06:03:29 pm »

I dunno.  It's slightly more of a dirk than a disk.  It's kinda curved off to one side, though; I always thought dirks were supposed to be straight thrusting daggers.
Pages: 1 ... 709 710 [711] 712 713 ... 1002