Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 725 726 [727] 728 729 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2011016 times)

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #10890 on: September 02, 2016, 10:47:30 pm »

True, I'd mathed for years not months. I wonder if one could buy the Aztecs out instead of needing to war them.
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #10891 on: September 02, 2016, 10:50:54 pm »

I wonder if giving every vassal in an enemy Empire extra gold would make it more likely to collapse.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10892 on: September 02, 2016, 10:55:25 pm »

Characters will totally declare war on you even if they like you.  Does it make a difference?  I honestly don't know, but probably some.

Giving gold to foreign vassals is just wasteful though.  Spend that on spawning or inviting a strong diplomat instead, and have them cause dissent.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10893 on: September 02, 2016, 11:07:41 pm »

True, I'd mathed for years not months. I wonder if one could buy the Aztecs out instead of needing to war them.
Who do you take me for? Some kind of Genoese merchant scum? Buy out the empire? They will burn to the last horse.

Anyway I have 290K wealth right now. My yearly balance is +1073.42 after the war. This doesn't include, of course, all the wealth you get from pillaging and burning settlements.

----------------

February 22nd, 1019

It's been 7 years since the end of the Tengri "liberation" of France. I thought you guys might like to see what the world map looks like. Specifically... what vestiges of civilization still remain on the map. There's quite a lot.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The Aztecs have fallen apart. They only still exist in Navarra because the Khagan was more interested in burning France to the ground first. The rest of Spain has been overtaken by heathen Yazidi scum, who somehow are more repulsive than the already repugnant Sunnis.

--------------

Rome and Paris have both been burnt to the ground. Nothing remains of the eternal city, every trace of its existence buried under horse dung and grass. Though despite this massive loss, the Catholics still maintain 100 moral authority. Even more amusingly, Pope Hadrianus II 'the Black' himself actually still resides in Rome. I'm not exactly sure why my men allow this.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

He is of Uyghur nomad culture... strangely enough. So maybe it isn't so weird for him to sleep under the stars in the middle of a barren field.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #10894 on: September 03, 2016, 12:46:55 am »

If Rome is a culture other then Italian, then that culture becomes favored to inherit the Papacy.

Also there is always a Pope in Rome, even if the Pope is unlanded, or there is no land to even have. I'm not sure whether if you completely wiped out Catholicism the Pope would still exist, but as long as it exists some Catholic will drag themselves over to Rome and declare themselves Pope. And with the ridiculous Paragons of Virtue thing, Catholicism has insane Moral Authority at all time.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10895 on: September 03, 2016, 02:03:19 am »

If Rome is a culture other then Italian, then that culture becomes favored to inherit the Papacy.

Also there is always a Pope in Rome, even if the Pope is unlanded, or there is no land to even have. I'm not sure whether if you completely wiped out Catholicism the Pope would still exist, but as long as it exists some Catholic will drag themselves over to Rome and declare themselves Pope. And with the ridiculous Paragons of Virtue thing, Catholicism has insane Moral Authority at all time.
I've completely annihilated Catholicism before as the Norse in another thing I posted on here years ago and yeah, the Pope still hangs about.

This is the first time I razed Rome to the ground though. I actually hesitated quite awhile before doing it. It just felt... wrong. It's actually why Constantinople still exists. I haven't been able to bring myself to burn it to the ground even despite the fact that I currently control it.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #10896 on: September 03, 2016, 02:34:40 am »

I'm in the process of doing that in my game that I haven't touched for months since basically the only thing I'm doing is burning everything other than good ol' Constantinople to the ground.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10897 on: September 03, 2016, 06:41:51 am »

You filthy casuals. Burn the whole world to the ground!

Spoiler: Like so! (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: September 03, 2016, 06:45:48 am by Kanil »
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #10898 on: September 03, 2016, 06:44:01 am »

Svibjod is truly the demon of the north.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10899 on: September 03, 2016, 06:54:06 am »

Paradox should make the razing of such important cities more event-worthy, something that calls a crusade from the Catholics in response to the hyper-dangerous pagan scourge.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #10900 on: September 03, 2016, 07:07:16 am »

It's sort of a problem due to Charlemagne. We already have a system where great holy wars can't be called by anybody until a minimum point, massively accelerated by the loss of important areas. Violating that hardline presents certain difficulties, what with how hard land can shift between Christian and Pagan before 1000.
No Gods, No Masters.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #10901 on: September 03, 2016, 07:12:54 am »

Its worth worth pointing out that the Mongols destroyed Baghdad in 1258, but there wasn't a great Jihad called against them. However, a flavor event upon Mongols taking a major city would be neat, sort of like taking Paris as Sweden in EUIV.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #10902 on: September 03, 2016, 07:27:54 am »

What's that flavour event?
Love, scriver~

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #10903 on: September 03, 2016, 07:30:29 am »

Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10904 on: September 03, 2016, 11:11:37 am »

Started a game as King of Mercia. Didn't immediately get roflstomped or die of stupid shit. I've taken over a couple petty kingdoms, and am slowly uniting England. It seems like all of my vassals continually want to kill each other, but I just slap their hands and tell them to knock it the hell off and they stop.
How do you slap a vassal's hand in such a way?
Right click their portrait and select "End Plot." That tells them to knock it the fuck off.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting
Pages: 1 ... 725 726 [727] 728 729 ... 1002