Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 726 727 [728] 729 730 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2011156 times)

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #10905 on: September 03, 2016, 11:48:16 am »

Better yet, throw them in prison. Plotting is a valid reason to arrest someone, and if you fail (on purpose or otherwise) you can still bludgeon them in the rebellion, and then you can revoke one of their titles tyranny free.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #10906 on: September 03, 2016, 12:11:34 pm »

Started a game as King of Mercia. Didn't immediately get roflstomped or die of stupid shit. I've taken over a couple petty kingdoms, and am slowly uniting England. It seems like all of my vassals continually want to kill each other, but I just slap their hands and tell them to knock it the hell off and they stop.
How do you slap a vassal's hand in such a way?
Right click their portrait and select "End Plot." That tells them to knock it the fuck off.

Ah, I see. My response about needing Conclave was based on the assumption that MZ was talking about wars.
Love, scriver~

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10907 on: September 03, 2016, 02:12:27 pm »

Conclave lets you enforce Realm Peace when the council is happy. This gives everyone in the realm like... 4 months? to finish any wars or they get white peaced. I finished one war with only a few days to go once when my AI liege did it, it was a very enjoyable race against time.

You can also call in a favor on your liege to have them enforce Realm Peace, if your fellow vassals get too rough with your provinces. Useful!
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ˇNo parmesan!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10908 on: September 03, 2016, 06:55:13 pm »

Oooh goody, Sunset Invasion fired in 827 :D
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=757613940

67,200 event troops (in this wave), not sure if that's scaled down or not.  Lacking attrition, they really could steamroll most of Europe if they played smart.  The Umayyads and West Francia have 10k each.  Britain has about 15k split amongst three main warrior parties.

I'm Amalfi, part of the Byzantine Empire, which has... 19k.  I think we'll probably be fine, they'll probably blow most of the stack besieging holdings.  Right?  And Catholicism is doing pretty well, so there should be a fairly united front between them and us.

I've been letting myself lose doge elections and desperately trying to build a dynasty.  It seems to have hit critical mass, so I'm not in particular danger of losing due to disease.  People are still dropping like flies, though.  I hope the Aztecs aren't immune to disease-based attrition, jeez.

But besides my level 4 palace under construction...  I'm basically just a one-county trade republic.  And not even the doge.  So if they *do* break through, there's not a whole lot I can do to stop them...  Mercenaries will be depleted, and no holy orders for almost a hundred years)

Emperor protect me...
I'm honestly excited for this 8)

Edit: Aw balls the southern half landed and now they have 166k.  And I *think* there's another wave coming later?  I don't think this is scaled down at all haha
« Last Edit: September 03, 2016, 07:06:00 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #10909 on: September 03, 2016, 07:12:00 pm »

How they could have arrived on Viking ships if Vikings don't even yet have ships? :s
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #10910 on: September 03, 2016, 07:45:02 pm »

How they could have arrived on Viking ships if Vikings don't even yet have ships? :s
Vikings can time-travel. It is known.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10911 on: September 03, 2016, 07:53:04 pm »

But only when they're Lost.
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #10912 on: September 03, 2016, 07:54:04 pm »

I think the event that gives them ship tech fires in 800.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #10913 on: September 03, 2016, 09:53:04 pm »

From what I've heard, "Random Aztec Invasion" could be renamed "A solid 300 years before you are ready Aztec Invasion."
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10914 on: September 03, 2016, 10:10:13 pm »

From what I've heard, "Random Aztec Invasion" could be renamed "A solid 300 years before you are ready Aztec Invasion."
There's probably some confirmation bias on that though.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10915 on: September 03, 2016, 10:13:52 pm »

...  They're just sitting there in half of Ireland plus Cornwall.  160k troops just chilling in the hills.

Friend says that the council update kinda screwed up invader AI, so this isn't uncommon.  It's been 25 years, I'm disappointed ):
She/they

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10916 on: September 03, 2016, 10:21:58 pm »

Nah, the invader AI has been pretty passive before Conclave, assuming that they end up on an island. My Islamic run, before that DLC came out, had the Aztecs conquer the entirety of the British Isles including Islamic Wales. After that they pretty much sat on their asses, converted to Catholicism, and called it a day. Sure, they participated in a few crusades against Muslim Hispania, but those didn't go anywhere. Deathstacks of event troops aren't very helpful when Rome can just be blitzed to have the holy war called off almost immediately.

Wait. They're just chilling in Ireland and Cornwall? That can't be natural. Yeah, something must have changed in the AI which is rather weird. The Mongolian AI got a boost in aggressiveness, so I don't see why the Aztecs would get so quiet at the same time. Huh.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10917 on: September 03, 2016, 10:39:12 pm »

That was alliums, though.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #10918 on: September 03, 2016, 10:44:25 pm »

That was alliums, though.
Kingship fuel can't melt obsidian beams.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10919 on: September 04, 2016, 03:54:43 am »

Wait, what? For me, Conclave (or maybe Reaper's Due) seems to have finally fixed invader AI (at least Mongols, who just used to sit tight or god forbid, settle after their first conquest). Maybe they're just going to be wonky forever.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ˇNo parmesan!
Pages: 1 ... 726 727 [728] 729 730 ... 1002