Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 800 801 [802] 803 804 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2010587 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #12015 on: March 14, 2017, 05:04:46 pm »

Oh, good. I hope the factions system will be a bit more...reasonable now.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #12016 on: March 14, 2017, 07:32:43 pm »

I'm the King of Sicily, as a de Hauteville in the 1066 start. Internal affairs are all settled: I've got Primogeniture succession, the vassals are all in their de jure duchies, and the only thing amiss is that I'm still waiting on the Lord Mayor of Amalfi to create his titular title. But in external affairs, I've got a minor problem: how would I go about becoming the Emperor of Italia? The HRE has all the provinces of Italy on lockdown, but I fear that if I swear fealty to the Kaiser he'll go and create the title for himself. I could wait for a revolt involving Italian provinces and then intervene on their side, but that seems like a sketchy and chancy plan of action, and I fear Byzantium and their holy wars de jure wars over their precious Sicily.

E: A word
« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 08:33:37 pm by Tawa »
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #12017 on: March 14, 2017, 07:53:05 pm »

I'm the King of Sicily, as a de Hauteville in the 1066 start. Internal affairs are all settled: I've got Primogeniture succession, the vassals are all in their de jure duchies, and the only thing amiss is that I'm still waiting on the Lord Mayor of Amalfi to create his titular title. But in external affairs, I've got a minor problem: how would I go about becoming the Emperor of Italia? The HRE has all the provinces of Italy on lockdown, but I fear that if I swear fealty to the Kaiser he'll go and create the title for himself. I could wait for a revolt involving Italian provinces and then intervene on their side, but that seems like a sketchy and chancy plan of action, and I fear Byzantium and their holy wars over their precious Sicily.
Join the HRE and aim for that instead of merely Italia instead, of course.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12018 on: March 14, 2017, 08:24:16 pm »

I'm the King of Sicily, as a de Hauteville in the 1066 start. Internal affairs are all settled: I've got Primogeniture succession, the vassals are all in their de jure duchies, and the only thing amiss is that I'm still waiting on the Lord Mayor of Amalfi to create his titular title. But in external affairs, I've got a minor problem: how would I go about becoming the Emperor of Italia? The HRE has all the provinces of Italy on lockdown, but I fear that if I swear fealty to the Kaiser he'll go and create the title for himself. I could wait for a revolt involving Italian provinces and then intervene on their side, but that seems like a sketchy and chancy plan of action, and I fear Byzantium and their holy wars over their precious Sicily.

It'll take some time, but the HRE does backpedal a bit on occasion.  It is difficult, but you can slowly march your way up if you take advantage of revolts to either support them, or use them to steal territory if you move quickly.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12019 on: March 15, 2017, 03:42:09 am »

Yeah, really looking forward to the faction changes. Sounds good.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #12020 on: March 15, 2017, 04:13:42 am »

Son of a... Argh. Damn you, RNG! Charlemagne early start as Sirgurdr Ring, whose son turned out to be...

Ragnarr Lodbrok, son of Sigurgr Ring of Svithjod, Norse conqueror, is now a syphilis-infected lunatic with two daughters and no sons.

Iron Man mode, so no savescum.

At least I have 3 brothers with great stats who can carry the torch of Scandinavian imperial ambitions.

Only a few more regions and I can found Scandinavia. I own every single Norse region outside of Saxony.

Reformed Norse paganism AND Scandinavian empire within the first two-dozen or so years is my goal.

And, Rabn Sigurdrsson is genetically quick and has even better stats than Ragnarr, who has every single martial-related virtue, and then some.

If nothing else, at least these boys are beasts on the battlefield.
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #12021 on: March 15, 2017, 08:59:33 am »

...Huh. I just killed the Pope from severe stress, after chasing him all over Italy trying to capture him.

I have been attacking the bastard for a few years now, looting Roma and another Papacy territory back and forth endlessly, siphoning hundreds of gold ducats from the Papal treasury onto one of two 26-unit transport fleets I cycle through endlessly, sending one to Uppland while the other fills its coffers.

They thought they'd defeat me with a numerically-superior mercenary force, but... Lo, I was just outside the gates of Roma and crushed them while they were still getting equipped.

I then captured the Prince-Bishop, a regional Bishop, the heir to the Lithuanian mercenary band, a commander of the Lithuanian band, and finally...

When I was hoping to capture my first ever pope as Ragnarr Lodbrok, Viking ravager...

He fucking dies of stress, fat fuck probably had a heart attack after running up and down the hills of south-central Italy trying to evade my tireless band of psychopathic Norsemen.

Good riddance, hopefully the next Pope proves more entertaining.

Hmm... Lets see how many Popes I can kill in a row :P
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12022 on: March 15, 2017, 09:22:24 am »

Okay so I expected to do more, but meh. I'm bad at this :v

Enjoy like. Five seconds of reading in a random history generator thing I'm doing until my mods update to 2.7 :P

You mean this thingy? I may use it at some point, but I'm happy with vanilla for now. BTW, what mods are your favourites? I personally don't use any mods aside from "Stellaris font" (I don't have the game, but I saw the font in Arumba's "Kingdom of David" LP, and I find it very readable), but I may try out CKII+ or HIP.

Also, glad to see you posting in the thread again.

I have a ton of mods :P

But atm I am using the Flat Map Mod, Non-Transparent Map Mod, Crimson Tooltip, Gothic 18 interface, and CK2+

I've also been using After The End, and Elder Kings(elder scrolls mod), however the latter doesn't update with stable releases as much as I'd like :P

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #12023 on: March 15, 2017, 09:32:18 am »

...There's an elder scrolls mod?!?!?!?!? D:

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #12024 on: March 15, 2017, 09:44:55 am »

Is it... any good?

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12025 on: March 15, 2017, 09:49:35 am »

It's ok. Like the base game and the Warhammer mod it's content mostly focuses on a few places, races and religions. Playing in Akavir was downright dull when I tried it, and there's not a lot for the Argonians to do.

I think the main focus has been the Imperials, the Nine Divines religion, some smatterings of daedric content and the magic system.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #12026 on: March 15, 2017, 10:21:01 am »

So pretty much the same as CK II / EUIV and its obsession with mainstream Catholi-centrism, which is annoying to people like me who hate the very idea of it and want nothing to do with the HRE and such over-powered factions.

Screw the Imperials, how about the Dunmer or Khajhit? I'd love to play the Khajiit if they have any actual content.

Playing the mainstream superpower gets old reeeeeal fast.

Underdog is where its at ;)

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12027 on: March 15, 2017, 11:13:44 am »

Rather than okay, I'd say it's good. It's kind of too big, including places outside of Tamriel, which dilutes the focus a bit, but if you want to play CK2 in Nirn, you can and it works great, provided they've put out a release for the version of the game that you're on. All the places that are on the actual maps of the original games have something to do, though it could be not that much if (like the Argonians) you didn't do a lot in the period of the lore that's adapted. The biggest "content" storyline is about forming the empire, though, so if you want a lot, that's the place to go.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12028 on: March 15, 2017, 11:29:25 am »

Yeah. Honestly, I would really prefer if Akavir was just nonexistant with the only Akaviris being the ones in the title history. But eh.

Tbh, I feel like the mod devs should really just do more focused updates instead of general updates all around :v

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12029 on: March 15, 2017, 07:02:28 pm »

Anyone mess around with the Crisis of the Confederation mod?  You have to drop back to Pre-Conclave (specifically 2.4.5), but it seems to be a fairly interesting thing to mess around with.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon
Pages: 1 ... 800 801 [802] 803 804 ... 1002