Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 803 804 [805] 806 807 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2010469 times)

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #12060 on: March 19, 2017, 05:27:10 pm »

One thing important to watch out for: If a realm is under attack from infidels (I'm not sure if it's ANY attack, or just a holy war, but it definitely at least is holy war) the vassals get a +40 relationship bonus with their liege.
Although I must suggest that I don't know if this is true if they are brought in indirectly. My first war against the Abbablob wasn't even against them, but a third party whom they defended. Adding onto that: an advantage in CK2 (as opposed to EU4) is that you can go to war for X reason, and then basically do whatever you want. There's no Call for Peace to worry about, so you can essentially act as an auxiliary force to anyone they are at war with (this is harder when they have a rebellion, because you will be hostile to the rebellion's troops as well and so can't actually win battles for them outright; nonetheless, still achievable). There's nothing preventing you from crushing their armies and occupying their lands other than the cost of doing so. Definitely not something to do if you think they can still muster a lot of troops, but if you've won decisively and it's worth it to you to salt the fields, do so.
This looks like a really damn rare event.  You are now obligated to play this through and tell us what happened.
It most certainly is not. I had a Child of Satan go off and conquer Morroco in my first Ironman game, playing Visby. Wasn't even mine, it's the brother of some Welsh Count. He's also the High Priest of Lucifer's Own.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #12061 on: March 19, 2017, 05:43:58 pm »

I don't think the Antichrist going of on her own to conquer a piece of the map can really be compared to her going to the Americas and starting a Sunset Invasion.
Love, scriver~

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12062 on: March 19, 2017, 05:51:31 pm »

Holy shit I didn't even know that was possible.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #12063 on: March 19, 2017, 06:25:26 pm »

I don't think the Antichrist going of on her own to conquer a piece of the map can really be compared to her going to the Americas and starting a Sunset Invasion.
No you completely misunderstand, I mean they did so as the Nahua Emperor of the Aztecs, packing billions of event troops and everything.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #12064 on: March 19, 2017, 06:26:54 pm »

The demonspawn always becomes the leader of their respective satanist group. I've never got a demonspawn, though.

These rare events seem really common for some, while extremely rare for others. For instance, I get the hellgate every damn time.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12065 on: March 19, 2017, 09:01:12 pm »

No you completely misunderstand, I mean they did so as the Nahua Emperor of the Aztecs, packing billions of event troops and everything.

Oh, I see. Well it's a rare event regardless! :P
Love, scriver~

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #12066 on: March 20, 2017, 02:37:00 pm »

Is anyone encountering what I assume is a bug where your de jure lands can be inherited by external realms in spite of having illegal external realm inheritance?
I only see it immediately after annexing or inheriting something, and it goes away after about a month.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Mini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12067 on: March 20, 2017, 03:43:10 pm »

20k vs 17k, they have no commanders, I have great ones. No river crossing, no terrain bonus, and I got utterly thrashed by them.
Troop composition matters. If your army was mostly light infantry and their army had a significant number of heavy infantry then that outcome is not surprising.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #12068 on: March 20, 2017, 04:07:35 pm »

It being in the de jure land of the Byzantine Empire means you/he will inherit a De-Jure claim the moment it no longer belongs to you.

If the proxy ownership is not de jure, it will fall out of your hands. You WILL inherit that claim, though.

I see this happen a lot when vassals or duchies get screwed up with people declaring small wars, kids murdering their siblings to take their land, and other things that might see varying levels of hierarchy fall into the hands of those who shouln't hold them.

For example, my Swedish lands that became Pomeranian due to the liege of the count of Nerike dying and being inherited by a Pomeranian.

Since the acting ducal seat presiding over Nerike was NOT Swedish, regardless of it being physically IN Sweden, it was lost and became part of the Kingdom of Pomerania.

Medieval politics 101. :)
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12069 on: March 20, 2017, 05:42:41 pm »

I was recently struck by the vague wish that there was an Anglican Church formation option in the game. Not specifically the Anglican Church, but the ability for Catholics who disliked the Pope to form their own splinter faith with the highest liege to be the secular ruler of the faith in the same manner the English monarch is the head of the Anglican Church. So a French king who didn't like the Pope could create the Church of France, separate from the authority of Rome but without an anti-pope, or an English king could create the Anglican Church.

I wish I could wrap my head around modding this game. I'd try to do it myself.  :-\
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12070 on: March 20, 2017, 05:56:33 pm »

Is anyone encountering what I assume is a bug where your de jure lands can be inherited by external realms in spite of having illegal external realm inheritance?
I only see it immediately after annexing or inheriting something, and it goes away after about a month.
It's not losing land yourself, I mean losing land because your vassal's lands are inherited by some other guy.

I had one lose a duchy to Bulgaria in spite of the fact that it's within the de jure lands of the Byzantine Empire.

Also, the game, while it's no longer summoning swarms of enemies from nothing, is instead deciding that every battle with everything stacked in my favour (bar to the point of utterly obliterating the enemy) should be a loss for me.

20k vs 17k, they have no commanders, I have great ones. No river crossing, no terrain bonus, and I got utterly thrashed by them. Thankfully that's just a war to increase council power, but it's still pissing annoying.

Had a similar situation when I was Jihaded by the Abbassids. 20k, on mountains, Abbassids have 15k and are attacking over a river, they still somehow, again, thrash me. Thankfully I managed to win that jihad. If I hadn't that would have been all of Anatolia lost. Some reason, despite mending the schism, the ONLY people that wanted to actually help in that one was the Orthodox holy order.
I *think* you might also need to set the Bulgarian kingdoms realm inheritance... I know in my Crimea game, Ruthenia has inheritance laws seperate from the Empires laws.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12071 on: March 20, 2017, 07:23:03 pm »

I was recently struck by the vague wish that there was an Anglican Church formation option in the game. Not specifically the Anglican Church, but the ability for Catholics who disliked the Pope to form their own splinter faith with the highest liege to be the secular ruler of the faith in the same manner the English monarch is the head of the Anglican Church. So a French king who didn't like the Pope could create the Church of France, separate from the authority of Rome but without an anti-pope, or an English king could create the Anglican Church.

I wish I could wrap my head around modding this game. I'd try to do it myself.  :-\

I'm pretty sure you can't get a generic 'Church of (Country)', but you a system could be rigged up to switch from Catholicism to a heresy.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12072 on: March 21, 2017, 03:17:25 am »

I mean there is the patriarch system, where you have a Head of the Church in each country but still the same religion... Add that to the Fylkir system of being head-of-religion yourself?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12073 on: March 21, 2017, 07:11:31 am »

Maybe one could use the Orthodox system where every kingdom  has it's own patriarch somehow?
Love, scriver~

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12074 on: March 21, 2017, 08:18:20 am »

The only way I can see it working myself is if there were a bunch of generic 'Church of X' religions waiting to be formed when someone meets the criteria. Like the Fylkirate but instead it's just dozens of renamed secular Catholic church variants tied to specific de jure kingdoms/empires.

So the criteria to make the Anglican Church would be 'Must be Independant, must control the Kingdom of England or Empire of Britain, must be Catholic (or Fraticelli), must dislike the Pope, and Catholic moral authority must be below 75%.'

The big problem I would see with this would be that if they could Crusade then players would make each possible one they could and hand it to a vassal so they could have dozens of Crusades of various power being run by their vassals.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.
Pages: 1 ... 803 804 [805] 806 807 ... 1002