Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 829 830 [831] 832 833 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2010760 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #12450 on: August 08, 2017, 08:21:15 am »

That just sounds like "I don't think they would be interesting, so nobody else should be allowed to play as them" to me.

They would be totally interesting. Unfortunately we can't play them because they still rule the world to this day and would kill Paradox for daring to expose them.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #12451 on: August 08, 2017, 08:33:55 am »

Eh, you guys are entitled to your opinion and it doesn't look like I'm going to change that. I can respect that, let's just agree to disagree.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #12452 on: August 08, 2017, 08:45:36 am »

Christian theocracies can totally be dynastic.

To me the Borgias is more of an example against playable theocracies than for it. They are an example of playing for the sake of the dynasty, not the theocratic state they twice controlled.

That just sounds like "I don't think they would be interesting, so nobody else should be allowed to play as them" to me.

They would be totally interesting. Unfortunately we can't play them because they still rule the world to this day and would kill Paradox for daring to expose them.

That's true of course. Maybe you shouldn't have chosen such a dangerous example of anything? Now you've risked the life of everyone posting in this thread.
Love, scriver~

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12453 on: August 08, 2017, 09:30:17 am »

Well yeah but you could say that about anything.

As much as I'd love to play the lizard men from the center of the earth that secretly control medieval society though the medium of first person dance contests I unfortunately don't think the argument actually applies equally to everything.
Forget theocracies, play as gods.  Be Jesus, award the "faithful" military advice.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12454 on: August 08, 2017, 09:37:35 am »

That's true of course. Maybe you shouldn't have chosen such a dangerous example of anything? Now you've risked the life of everyone posting in this thread.

That just sounds like "Because my life is put into mortal danger, no else else should be allowed to talk about it!"

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12455 on: August 08, 2017, 02:26:49 pm »

I mean even if the Pope remained an NPC, there *are* other theocracies. Teutonic Order comes to mind, for a start.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #12456 on: August 08, 2017, 04:30:10 pm »

germany, for two
reformed pagan religious heads
random cash cows loyal vassals with theocratic headings are easier to keep in line than merchants.

I love theocracies in my empire.  Church tax?  Yes please.  Piety bonus plus theocratic focus for extra nums?  Yuppers.  No pope to screw it up?  awwwww yus
« Last Edit: August 08, 2017, 04:31:55 pm by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12457 on: August 09, 2017, 10:30:46 am »

That's why you "elect" as Pope a gluttonous, ugly, cruel, cannibalistic blind dwarf eunuch horse. With syphilis.

And by elect, I mean press the claim of an anti-Pope.
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12458 on: August 09, 2017, 11:32:40 am »

Is there still that bug where you can pause the game as soon as a new pope is crowned and bribe him to do things he normally would not because the ai gives him the powers of the pope but not the pope's dispositions and checks/balances?
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12459 on: August 13, 2017, 07:11:18 pm »

when did they add a strait crossong in italy from the bootheel brendenson to greek dyrracion?

man i remember trolling the byzantines as an Italian count by capturing their aquatic attacking dukes and selling them for mercs.  rinse, repeat, win
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 07:12:52 pm by pisskop »
PKs DF Mod!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12460 on: August 14, 2017, 06:49:08 am »

That was added so long ago I no longer remember when. Iirc it was added to incentivise the AI to Sicilian attacks into the Balkan and Byzantine reconquest of the Magna Graecia.

It worked for a little while I think, but since the update that also caused Pisa to become constant African colonizers I don't think I've seen the Sicilian Foxes man up and attack BYZ a single time. Like Pisa they're always throwing themselves at the African kings now, except unlike Pisa they're always losing.

Then again they always lost against the Byzantines too, but it was nice to see them trying when ths empire was down on it's luck. Poor Foxes. Can't do anything they managed in history on either side of the Mediterranean.
Love, scriver~

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #12461 on: August 14, 2017, 11:31:56 am »

More China

Spoiler: CHINA! (click to show/hide)
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12462 on: August 14, 2017, 01:01:57 pm »

Do you have something I can read about Sicilians invading Greece? That sounds really interesting but I have no idea where to start. I'm assuming from context that this happened in history?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12463 on: August 14, 2017, 01:54:49 pm »

Yeah, those are the ones I mean. I remember at one time the mod with all the penis jokes started the game in 1060 with BYZ in two wars at the start, one the vanilla one against the Seljuks in the east but also one against Guiscard in the west, fucking with the Byzantine ability to defeat the Turks. I liked that, even though it sometimes resulted in the Sicilians gaining ridiculous footholds on the Balkan (two entire duchies, iirc).

The Guiscard's linechildren also conquered bits and pieces of the African coast during the following century, but they lost them a decade or so afterwards.
Love, scriver~

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12464 on: August 14, 2017, 04:40:16 pm »

Viceroyalities really seem like theyd cheapen the game by making an already easy late game easier.

I have had them, and the hardest part was simply unlanding my kings and relanding the viceroys
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 ... 829 830 [831] 832 833 ... 1002