Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 830 831 [832] 833 834 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2010632 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #12465 on: August 14, 2017, 05:10:20 pm »

There's a reason why they're locked till really high up in the tech tree. Cause they're broken. Imperial administration and even just duchy viceroyalties make the game ultra easymode. The only difficulty with them comes from when you transition into viceroyalties, as that's when all the regular dukes and kings get pissy. But when there aren't any regular kings and dukes... there's no problem.

Oh, and the painstaking micro you have to do everytime someone dies. It gets annoying after the 100th time.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #12466 on: August 14, 2017, 06:46:10 pm »

I just realized we're getting a new government type. Look at the character ribbon in the new dev diary picture--it's light brown.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #12467 on: August 14, 2017, 06:48:56 pm »

Probs a protectorate of the doodadle.

Or something?

Maybe tribuitaries will be colored now?

Wait what?  Its likely just a debug color or even an actual asian flavor color.

ya'know, like muslims have green?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #12468 on: August 14, 2017, 07:11:01 pm »

Muslims don't have green, Iqta does. And I doubt they would design exclusive assets for debugging the game.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #12469 on: August 14, 2017, 07:31:35 pm »

Iqta also has unique features, like turkish succession and the ability to hold temples.

The dark yellow ribbons were together with what is likely a tibetan portrait, so it's the tibetan government, whatever it is. There were also teal ribbons around the ruler of the Western Protectorate. So probably a chinese bureaucracy gov.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #12470 on: August 15, 2017, 10:55:20 am »

THEOCRACIES
No, that would obviously be too silly. It's not like they had any real impact on Medieval Europe, obviously, unlike Chinese protectorates, duh.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #12471 on: August 15, 2017, 01:56:58 pm »

THEOCRACIES
No, that would obviously be too silly. It's not like they had any real impact on Medieval Europe, obviously, unlike Chinese protectorates, duh.
Tbh I think the game really underplays just how pivotal mesoamerica were to medieval europe and the fall of the byzantine empire

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12472 on: August 15, 2017, 02:23:43 pm »

I always wondered myself why the aztecs landed on the first scrap of rock they could find instead of landing on Rome or Constantinople.

When you declare yourself the alpha you beat up the biggest guy around first.
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12473 on: August 15, 2017, 02:32:13 pm »

I always wondered myself why the aztecs landed on the first scrap of rock they could find instead of landing on Rome or Constantinople.

When you declare yourself the alpha you beat up the biggest guy around first.
What are you saying? Portugal and Morocco are obviously the biggest guys around.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12474 on: August 15, 2017, 02:33:55 pm »

and iceland.

Hey, actually, the last time the landed in iceland they ... didnt dow the independent state of iceland and instead stuck with their second war on africa?

Like their fleet arrived, and when I popped a spy over there they were just hanging out ON iceland without dowing them.
    maybe theres code for not dowing small nations when rolling the event?  I know from randomized invasions that they have a massive cooldown early game for their conquests.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 02:36:20 pm by pisskop »
PKs DF Mod!

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #12475 on: August 15, 2017, 03:55:06 pm »

Besides, the landings in Iberia and Iceland are more akin to the Spanish landings on Cuba and Hispaniola.  It would be nice if they went on to sack Rome more often, but to be fair, even the historical Spanish invasion of the Aztec Empire was a bit of a one-person project without the sanction of the Crown or its representative, the governor of Cuba.

EDIT: Struck out a popular historical myth.  Turns out Cortés *did* have the sanction of the crown and the governor of Cuba at first.  His replacement as leader of the expedition came at the last second and he left regardless, hence his status as mutineer when he fled Santiago de Cuba. 
« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 03:58:59 pm by Culise »

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12476 on: August 15, 2017, 03:57:40 pm »

Some here may remember I bragged way back about working on a CK2 mod. Well, we (as in, the mod team) finally got the first dev diary out for it. I wrote it, even.

Paradox Forum link

Reddit repost link

It's a Warcraft total conversion for those curious.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12477 on: August 15, 2017, 04:02:32 pm »

:O
PKs DF Mod!

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #12478 on: August 15, 2017, 09:02:09 pm »

I'm finding amusement in the Long Game Short edit of Arumba's Kingdom of David achievement run.

Apparently CKII thinks all Jews need to have cancer.
This guy is great, he distills all the great moments in Paradox Let's Play series into one video. I discovered him because of this montage of a HofIIV multiplayer game. The one greatorder linked of Arumba's Jews montage is utterly hilarious. I also like this three video summary of a multiplayer CKII to EUIV game where the players completely forgot that Sunset Invasion was turned on and started in the 1300s start date.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12479 on: August 16, 2017, 05:05:16 pm »

I have managed to ironman my way to the Roman Empire.

I only had one setback, and that was a Jihad when I captured Jerusalem (I lost because, for some fucking reason, the Abbasids managed to pull an extra 25K troops from... somewhere. Started off with them having 25K, at the end of the war, they had 50k without hiring anyone.

They also seem to be able to go over the vassal levy limit. I've seen them at 30k vassal levies, and increasing, when the cap was 23k. I'm stumped as to how.
Iraq has some very good provinces. When I did my Caliphate strikes back run, I would just sit my levies on my capital and waited while they quickly became full once more.
Pages: 1 ... 830 831 [832] 833 834 ... 1002