Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 832 833 [834] 835 836 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2010859 times)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #12495 on: August 17, 2017, 03:11:42 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
B O R D E R  G O R E
Yeah, historically a count/duke in Switzerland might own land in Austria, Bavaria, maybe Corsica and northern Italy, maybe the Netherlands

He's not going to own land in the middle of Russia, or in southern Spain, or in Norway.

why do people keep ignoring me
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #12496 on: August 17, 2017, 04:04:00 pm »

I did read your thing, I wasn't disagreeing with you.  I just like that map :-X
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12497 on: August 17, 2017, 08:18:08 pm »

Oh. Sorry. I misinterpretationated.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #12498 on: August 18, 2017, 10:14:06 pm »

So, all my previous Let's Plays have crashed and burned; the de Crepon one because I played on Ironman and bought a ton of DLC in the meantime, the Capet one because I became generally uninterested and also because I mistakenly deleted a batch of screenshots. I've also had the problem with those of juggling ruthless expansionism with justification for supposedly moral characters doing it.

But I still really want to do an LP, and I've been further inspired by an ambition of doing a full-on 1066-1936 game (HoI left out for a number of reasons, chiefly being that I don't own it.) I've put together a few ideas of what I could run to make an interesting LP where I can do something other than conquer like a maniac, and I'm curious which seem the most interesting:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'm really leaning toward Harold, but I want to make sure there's interest in a Godwinson LP first.

Also, which seems more interesting: a first-person style, written as a journal kept by the protagonist, or a third-person-limited narrative style?
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #12499 on: August 18, 2017, 11:16:46 pm »

go persia, colonize east.

india is in your way. kill byzantines nao, india in 1500.  Muslim new Zeeland plz.  take the silk road!

speaking of.

850ad.  king Captain insano has sat around playing god.
khazaria has blobed the fuck out of the Russian Empire as well as all the way down to Crimea and armenia.

armenia is isolating arabia and khazaria and byzantine from each other, preserving the blobs.
armenia has a Muslim king and miaphite dukes.  he is stronger than them.

saxony has lesser poland and saxony proper and mercia.  east france owns the French empire without the emporership.
sweden is almost qualifying to become scandanavia.

im stuck between the Pomeranian/Bohemian/pannonian slavic alliance, saxony, scandaswedia, heug khazaria, and have my insane 28yr old king who im trying not to too aggressively expand with
« Last Edit: August 18, 2017, 11:24:32 pm by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #12500 on: August 19, 2017, 09:19:03 am »

Shattered world mod is behiving quite nicely for my German playthrough. Sicily has become a major world power, along with me, Scary Bulgaria, and the player-assisted Kingdom of Aragon (because I wanted more blobs before I turn the new casus belli off.)

Thus far there's suprisingly little bordergore. Everyone seems intent on conquering the guy next door rather than the guy on the other continent, so weird crusader colonialism hasn't happened. Dutch formed briefly, but was then replaced by norse and frisian again. Norman formed too, but now the duke is French again.

It's interesting how the usual blobs have been replaced by sometimes the weirdest things. Sicily is almost never a thing in my games. Bulgaria, if it exists, is without fail the subject of the byzablob. The only constant is Sweden, who usually forms after the start anyhow.

A game without France will be interesting. Or at least, a game where France had to be reforged by the Arch-Bishop of Nevers... I wonder what happens if a theocracy forms an Empire?
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #12501 on: August 19, 2017, 12:15:16 pm »

I've got to get around to doing a Court Sorcerer game where I'm a duke or something but more importantly, a satanist high-learning court physician to an Emperor.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12502 on: August 20, 2017, 01:32:59 pm »

Here we are:

Spoiler: mappy (click to show/hide)
Khazaria, red india, arabia, and that dark red polish saxony is in revolt atm.

Egypt is 2 factions. Khazaria has not bothered reconquesting the Rus part of Russia, but instead too armenia.

Im rapidly approaching the point where Im more upset by my 'high sexual anxiety' holy king whose obcession with being called a sodomite caused him to brothel and drink.

and, oddly enough, I didnt realize cancer could enter remission.  Ive had it for life before, 30+ years of cancer.  so odd for me.

Anyway my dynasty has produced waaaay more gals than dudes.  Seriously Im swimming in dynastical poon.  A sea of nieces and half-sisters, a deluge of matrilineal marriages, and a horde of child education events.

Ive dealt with it by matrilineal marriages to non-romuvan fightymen.  I import them and never give then land because they arent my religion.  Then they serve as my generals.  Because it appears that I would have to micromanage homegrown generals if I wanted courtiers to be them, and counts/dukes/kings all tend to suddenly become 'unavailable' for leadership when I need them most.

Khazaria still holds promise, and Im looking forward to that.  Saxony deserves to nom england, and Im rooting for them.  Christain African Kingdom is annoying, and italian albania is basically a thing if you look.
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #12503 on: August 20, 2017, 05:42:46 pm »

Wait, how many titles did you revoke from the guy?

Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #12504 on: August 21, 2017, 05:04:20 am »

If you have councillry DLC you also have worry about whether you or the council has the legal right of ordering revokes. Going against the council's vote means Tyranny status.
Love, scriver~

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12505 on: August 21, 2017, 05:19:03 am »

It should be noted that the council doesnt have the authority to demand or vote on random, non-player initiated actions.

they passively respond to your requests.  They dont make their own.

which is a shame.
PKs DF Mod!

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #12506 on: August 21, 2017, 07:32:38 am »

You know what time it is...

Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12507 on: August 21, 2017, 07:42:28 am »

China seems like they get in the way of non-superhorde interactions.

EG Khotan, actually featured above, is quite the comeback powerhouse of the farthest east.

They usually can hold onto their small duchy, and as buddhists only die out when the megahordes come by
PKs DF Mod!

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12508 on: August 22, 2017, 02:31:29 am »

Just booted up the Robert's Rebellion bookmark in the Game of Thrones mod.  Within a month, Aerys restored the Faith Militant, then was killed under suspicious circumstances.  This is going to get interesting.

Edit: Ned died in battle, soon followed by Robert, ending that war, Lyanna is still missing over a decade and a half later, the Stormlands was revoked from Stannis for some reason and given to Jon Connington, the entire Reed family's been murdered, Tywin died comatose and now Kevan has called up a host to conquer the Westerlands from Tyrion, half the Vale is for some reason independent, an incapable Edmure tried to declare indepenence and lost, Craster has been kicked out of his keep (edit: forgot to note that I saw this because I had seen Sandor owning the place), and Viserys is now Lord Paramount of the Trident with Riverrun as his seat.  This is going completely insane.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 05:02:00 am by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #12509 on: August 23, 2017, 11:07:15 pm »

This Chinese DLC actually sounds pretty fun. Instead of simply murdering people in your family, you can cut their balls off and send them to China for profit!

I wonder how buggy it will be? Annoying wife? Do a wife/concubine swap. Think the upcoming Duke might be "difficult"? Marry his dad into your family and cut the little bugger's nuts off before there's trouble, and get some free fireworks.

May you live in interesting times....
It's a game. Have fun.
Pages: 1 ... 832 833 [834] 835 836 ... 1002