Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 840 841 [842] 843 844 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2010821 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #12615 on: September 25, 2017, 01:49:27 am »

- Fabricating claims never fricking works. I kid you not, I had a 25 diplomacy chancellor sitting on the same county from the day I put him on the council to his death, and not once did he ever manage to fabricate a thing.

If a claim fabricator is discovered the lord gets an event where he can choose to try to murder him or bribe him. If the diplomat accepts the bribe then he will stay deployed but never fabricate a claim.

Redeploying the diplomat on the same county restarts the chance of fabrication.
Love, scriver~

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #12616 on: September 25, 2017, 08:24:10 am »

They get 50 ducats, so it's worth occasionally checking how much money they have to see if they've taken one.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #12617 on: September 25, 2017, 08:46:53 am »

- Fabricating claims never fricking works. I kid you not, I had a 25 diplomacy chancellor sitting on the same county from the day I put him on the council to his death, and not once did he ever manage to fabricate a thing.

If a claim fabricator is discovered the lord gets an event where he can choose to try to murder him or bribe him. If the diplomat accepts the bribe then he will stay deployed but never fabricate a claim.

Redeploying the diplomat on the same county restarts the chance of fabrication.
That explains a lot of why I've been having difficulty fabricating claims.

What's the minimum dip skill he needs to have to fabricate on a duchy again though? I'm currently conquering england and I need to get some yucky scot land out of my de jure territory, and counties are too small.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #12618 on: September 25, 2017, 10:04:17 am »

15 to fabricate duchies, I believe.

However, it's much more reliable to fabricate claims on duchies via plot. As long as you personally have at least one county in the de jure territory of the duchy, you can invite people to a plot to fabricate a claim on it, so long as it already exists. 3 people and 75% plot power nets you a 60% chance of fabrication, 5 people and 100% power nets you a 90% chance, and if either fails you can usually start the plot right back up and invite the old plotters again.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #12619 on: September 25, 2017, 06:27:25 pm »

No go on the plotting, unfortunately. I've checked the available plots and there's no fabricate claim on duchy X on the list.

Oh well. Gonna conquer them anyway.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12620 on: September 29, 2017, 03:40:22 pm »

I managed to hack together a little thing to make Indo-Aryan women stop looking like they're 40 years old when they're 16. I went into Ruler Designer and discovered that the problem was all in the cheeks--most of them had too many lines on them, especially near the nose, making them look much older than intended. Because I'm terrible at photoshop, I made the entire cheek file transparent, which easily solved the problem--it's barely noticeable, and the weight of the woman is still made perfectly clear by the chin assets. I didn't have to modify the other cheek files, because the cheeks fit middle-aged and older women just fine.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #12621 on: September 29, 2017, 06:59:33 pm »

Oh, neat. Could you take some screenshots for us?
Love, scriver~

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #12622 on: September 29, 2017, 07:04:57 pm »

Yeah I never noticed this issue before

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12623 on: September 29, 2017, 07:22:12 pm »

Spoiler: With cheeks (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Without cheeks (click to show/hide)

These women were all generated by loading up a random Indo-Aryan ruler and hitting "present debutante" a few times, so they're all 17 years old. They still look a bit beyond their years with the cheeks removed, but it's a huge improvement, IMO--definitely better than the forty-year-old teenagers in the first group.

E: If only it was this easy to make Turkish women not look like corpses... seriously, they look terrible. They're way too pale and have super-tiny dark eyes.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 07:25:04 pm by Tawa »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #12624 on: September 29, 2017, 07:23:32 pm »

this kills the cheekbone

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #12625 on: September 29, 2017, 07:40:03 pm »

tbh on some of the girls I did notice this.  But to be frank I dont really play CKII for the elite graphics.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12626 on: September 29, 2017, 08:15:48 pm »

But it uses the elitest graphics! The mental ones!

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12627 on: September 30, 2017, 12:08:03 am »

Yeah it definitely kills the cheekbones. Still better than middle aged seventeen-year-olds though.

What do you guys think of the game's music? I'm personally not a huge fan of most of the vanilla music--outside In Taberna, Saladin Besiege Jerusalem, and Siege of Kerak, nothing really catches my ear, so to speak. But a lot of the DLC music is phenomenal. If you haven't already heard them, I'd recommend listening to "We Are Norse!", "Alauddin Besiege Chittor", "Legacy of Rome", "The Persian Army", "The Holy Land", and "Coronation of a King". They're wonderful. "The Holy Land" in particular is one of my favorites, because it's a clever, more peaceful-sounding remix of "Saladin Besiege Jerusalem" from the base game.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #12628 on: September 30, 2017, 07:53:59 am »

I like Andreas Waldetoft's music for Paradox games quite a bit in general, but CKII might be my favorite. The music really feels medieval, which is really rare to hear. The only music I've heard that has a similar medieval sound is the soundtrack to Kingdom of Heaven. The individual cues are also able to sound somewhat appropriate to the different cultures and religions in the game without feeling out of place with the rest of the soundtrack

The music pack for Monks and Mystics was easily the best part of that DLC. I also really like the tracks you mentioned, as well as
"Alexander Nevsky rides to Battle". The only ones that I'm not a big fan of are the three music tracks that came with the Republic DLC, because they play all the time as a merchant republic, and so they get old really fast.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #12629 on: September 30, 2017, 08:58:28 am »

Vanilla music is fine, albiet it repeats a bit much.  Actually I really like it by itself.

Ive heard some of that viking metal stuff.  Why you would want so much amp for such a slow-paced game that is about not-action is beyond me.
Ditto for christmas songs and for sabaton in their other 'color the map' games.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 ... 840 841 [842] 843 844 ... 1002