Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 842 843 [844] 845 846 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2010625 times)

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #12645 on: October 02, 2017, 09:29:45 am »

It's not even Frankish :( One of the Salians, who have been elected with von Habsburg-esque consistency, got a claim to France, then conquered it and made it a viceroyalty.

It wouldn't be a problem if France had gone elective or the Emperor hadn't passed Kingdom Viceroyalties, but as it stands, there's a giant HRE deathblob that won't collapse in the foreseeable future covering everything I was hoping to conquer. I'd been hoping to go full Plantagenet, you see.

I guess my only option for now is to pray they fall apart. There's a Kingdom of Germany in there, too... Maybe the kings will all get together to break free. I can only hope.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #12646 on: October 02, 2017, 09:33:05 am »

Why is joining the HRE not an option?
Love, scriver~

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #12647 on: October 02, 2017, 09:37:27 am »

Im guessing they are not neighbors.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12648 on: October 02, 2017, 09:42:42 am »

Kings don't bend the knee.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #12649 on: October 02, 2017, 10:27:10 am »

Kings don't bend the knee.
Only ai ones
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #12650 on: October 02, 2017, 01:44:46 pm »

I suppose I could try to conquer a bit of land in Brittany or Flanders, then swear fealty that way, but I'd prefer not to bend the knee. Besides, since we're both Christian, the HRE generally can't get ahold of my land if I don't let them.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Loam

• Bay Watcher
  • a Moal
    • View Profile
« Reply #12651 on: October 03, 2017, 09:22:20 am »

More news from my game:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Apparently this guy won an Italian liberation revolt... against the Pope. Making provincial revolts more powerful certainly shakes the world up. I'll be interested to see what becomes of him, because it appears he has no heir.

Also in this shot: the Swiss Band took those two counties just above Rome; I guess the Pope ran out of money when he coughed up 1,500 to me after the last Crusade. Now the Band (and apparently Venice by the looks of it) are tributaries of Sicily.
And since this picture was taken, Pisa has been ousted from Italy entirely, and now controls only the islands of Mallorca and Menorca.
Thob Goes to the Surface (Adventure Mode story, in progress)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12652 on: October 03, 2017, 10:46:38 pm »

Non-Important theocracies don't have heirs. Hell, except for the Pope, I can't really think of any that have an heir.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12653 on: October 04, 2017, 09:06:13 am »

Non-Important theocracies don't have heirs. Hell, except for the Pope, I can't really think of any that have an heir.

Italian liberation revolt wouldn't be a theocracy.

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12654 on: October 04, 2017, 09:10:43 am »

Prince-Bishop certainly sounds like a theocracy.

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12655 on: October 04, 2017, 09:30:33 am »

Prince-Bishop certainly sounds like a theocracy.

My bad, didn't look at the picture. A normal nationalist liberation revolt often won't have an heir either.

The answer is that he doesn't need an heir, not because "theocracies don't have heirs" but because he's Catholic. The succession type is going to be investiture, either papal or free (probably papal). If his successor hasn't been nominated by himself through the papal interactions, then the pope will pick his successor just like it does for every random catholic temple around the world.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #12656 on: October 04, 2017, 09:40:47 am »

Which is just hilarious.

"Your Divineminence, the bishop who violently overthrew the seat of the Papal State and stole the very holiest place in the world from Your Fatheriest Selves has finally died. You need to select a successor."
"Oh, great! We really hated that guy. More like fish-op amIright??¿ Oh well. Now who to choose... Ah, that randomly generated newbie character looks great! Let's put him on the throne of St Peter. I'll just remain up here in a plague stricken Bavarian shithole of a province."
Love, scriver~

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #12657 on: October 04, 2017, 07:27:24 pm »

Is it normal to have 3Pope?

In a shocking twist, the Holy Colombian Confederacy learned from some ancient texts of the ancient entity known as the Holy Roman Empire. The discovery of the concept known as the "Peace of Westphalia" and the challenge to the President's supposed authority over his Prince's religion led to some of the bloodiest civil war. At the end of the conflict the evangelical faith was all but wiped out, replaced by an Antinomian sect led by a powerful pretender who reunited the Confederacy in the Southwest. The former heartlands of the Confederacy were conquered by, of all factions, the Men in Black. As interesting as that development was, the Americanists across the United States nevertheless declined; being conquered by the Caribbean Empire, or as was the case with the Men in Black, unable to quell the ceaseless revolts and rebellions of the evangelical Princes.

This dude kept launching adventurer wars against me. He was from my dynasty, and was friends with me. I can only imagine how those meetings went, wherein both were living amicably with one another whilst planning the next great war. It worked out for me though, as I did enjoy getting the extra gold he brought with each new army.

Had a minor heart attack when my 66 year old ruler's heir died, and the next heir presumptive was a grandson not of my dynasty - threatening to end the game then and there. Thus I had to assassinate two Kings and one Knight in the span of a year before my ruler died, just barely clearing the line of succession quickly enough to pass it down to my favoured son - a young boy, born of strong traits, who would be the one to turn my Duchy into an Empire. When it came to finding him a teacher I was stunned to see Grigore the Wise. I was very lucky to entrust my heir to Grigore before dying.
Grigore the Wise was the smartest person alive, worshiped Aztec gods and was an angry cyclops who'd been a veteran of many wars all across the USA. Somehow he ended up in the court of Salem, teaching this future Alexander how to rule, command and make battle - and although Grigore the Wise initially disliked my heir, after my heir showed sympathy for Aztec ideas he warmed up and the two became friends. Grigore the Wise died shortly after the conclusion of a successful campaign against the rebels who once belonged to my little Duchy, and by the time of his passing my small realm had 9 out of 10 counties directly administered by my ruler, resulting in my small duchy packing as much punch as many Kingdoms. Which is great, as one of the Kingdoms that previously paid tribute to me, I intend to now swear fealty to - planning to usurp it from within. Yet I shall not forget how Grigore the Wise kept a 6 year old safe from assassins, marshaled his troops, taught him his wisdom and gave the Court something to fear - at a time where the only other source of authority was the Duke's corrupt mother.

Literally the only time a child regency has gone perfectly well in all the time I've played CKII. Grigore the Wise shall be remembered

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12658 on: October 04, 2017, 09:17:31 pm »

What culture is Lwizyán?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12659 on: October 04, 2017, 10:06:15 pm »

Effectively, this blocks marrying first and second cousins.
I feel like you're using this power for the opposite of its intended purpose.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 842 843 [844] 845 846 ... 1002