Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 852 853 [854] 855 856 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2010267 times)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #12795 on: November 18, 2017, 06:14:38 pm »

That "servant no more" achievement is presumably achievable either by becoming a Satanist and regaining your scimitar, or by marrying four straight lustful women and looking the other way when one of them cheats on you.

You can't marry as a eunuch, period. You can't even force your own courtiers to marry you.

That said, it's way easier than it looks, precisely because of the Satanist stuff. You don't even need to use dark healing to remove the trait, although that's probably a good backup plan. All the Satanist features make it absurdly easy to, say, kidnap your emperor and then force him to join your cult. Since you'll outrank him, he'll automatically surrender in all wars to you. It should be trivial to take over the empire from within and get to 100 realm size (if he's not at it already).

Even if you didn't have Satanist stuff, it's probably not that hard anyway. You're 22, you have your duchy, and you're relatively close to holy war targets. It's just not going to be that hard barring the unlucky "died of natural causes" at age 50 stuff.

Turns out it has to be done in the character's lifetime:

# Starting as Mu’nis al-Muzaffar of Galilee in 867, become an Emperor and have at least 100 realm size.
A_SERVANT_NO_MORE = {
   possible = {
      is_ironman = yes
      character = 163134
   }

happened = {
      character = 163134
      tier = EMPEROR
      realm_size = 100
   }
}

No point in removing eunuch or trying to get married or get concubines.
I hate when they word things poorly. They have other achievements that are written "Starting as [...]" that *don't* require you to do it in one lifetime, or that at least explicitly *say* in one lifetime. But here they use "Starting as," without a qualifier of the limit, and you need to code-dive to be sure. Annoying.

[not just because of this instance but it does showcase the sometimes sloppy articulation in other parts of Paradox's games.]
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #12796 on: November 18, 2017, 06:24:43 pm »

That "servant no more" achievement is presumably achievable either by becoming a Satanist and regaining your scimitar, or by marrying four straight lustful women and looking the other way when one of them cheats on you.

You can't marry as a eunuch, period. You can't even force your own courtiers to marry you.

That said, it's way easier than it looks, precisely because of the Satanist stuff. You don't even need to use dark healing to remove the trait, although that's probably a good backup plan. All the Satanist features make it absurdly easy to, say, kidnap your emperor and then force him to join your cult. Since you'll outrank him, he'll automatically surrender in all wars to you. It should be trivial to take over the empire from within and get to 100 realm size (if he's not at it already).

Even if you didn't have Satanist stuff, it's probably not that hard anyway. You're 22, you have your duchy, and you're relatively close to holy war targets. It's just not going to be that hard barring the unlucky "died of natural causes" at age 50 stuff.

Turns out it has to be done in the character's lifetime:

# Starting as Mu’nis al-Muzaffar of Galilee in 867, become an Emperor and have at least 100 realm size.
A_SERVANT_NO_MORE = {
   possible = {
      is_ironman = yes
      character = 163134
   }

happened = {
      character = 163134
      tier = EMPEROR
      realm_size = 100
   }
}

No point in removing eunuch or trying to get married or get concubines.
I hate when they word things poorly. They have other achievements that are written "Starting as [...]" that *don't* require you to do it in one lifetime, or that at least explicitly *say* in one lifetime. But here they use "Starting as," without a qualifier of the limit, and you need to code-dive to be sure. Annoying.

[not just because of this instance but it does showcase the sometimes sloppy articulation in other parts of Paradox's games.]
Hell, the White Hun achievement on steam doens't specify what the Heptalite Empire actually is, kingdoms-wise. I had to check my own post when considering doing it.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12797 on: November 18, 2017, 06:33:22 pm »

Also, I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but Sardinia and Corsica got changed around. They're now their own kingdom; Sardinia now has like five or six provinces and Corsica two.
Now I know exactly what my next playthrough is; Tribal Muslim [they're nearby, what?] into Island Republic centered on Sardinia, owning any and all islands in the Mediterranian. Dunno religion. Probably Catholic/Fraticelli, maybe Hurufi.

The Serene Republic of Sardines.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #12798 on: November 18, 2017, 08:52:26 pm »

Anyone have any ideas on how to actually pull Servant no More off? I gave it a few tried because it seemed interesting but they were all cut short by diseases. I didn't think just conquering my way to finishing it seemed like a viable solution in one lifetime, however, so I don't know. He starts as an Intrigue focused guy, which is a great boob, but the Emperor didn't want to make me Spymaster in any of the playthroughs.

I'm In the end I decided to go for Aladdin instead. They've really succeeded in making the achievements about fun goals this time, I think.
Love, scriver~

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12799 on: November 18, 2017, 09:30:30 pm »

Anyone have any ideas on how to actually pull Servant no More off? I gave it a few tried because it seemed interesting but they were all cut short by diseases.

Turn off Reaper's Due. Or at least set minor epidemics to less frequent and major epidemics to historical.

I'm In the end I decided to go for Aladdin instead. They've really succeeded in making the achievements about fun goals this time, I think.

Working on that now myself, with Duke of Jiuquan in 867. Can immediately quit sending tribute to China and married my son to a Sunni nomad princess so I can convert away from Taosim.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12800 on: November 19, 2017, 08:32:35 am »

I really like the music, too. Probably some of best music in the game ad far as game music goes.

My Aladdin game is proceeding well. I too first intended to become Muslim at the first opportunity for their OP conquering powers, but so far (since I threw off my incapable liege and establish a realm of my own at least) none of them has been able to threaten me. That will probably change as I start chewing into Persian lands. So far I'm holding most of the Western Tarim basin and gold is just flowing in from the Silk Road. Asked the Chinese Emperor for a bride and he sent me a Genius daughter of his, and she birthed me a Genius son that's been perfectly groomed to take over (and an incredibly decent Quick son I keep as a spare). Life is good.
Love, scriver~

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12801 on: November 19, 2017, 11:01:02 am »

Yeah, I need to do the Chinese bride thing too. There's a shortage of good Sunni brides in range. Although I've actually hit Persia myself so most of my targets are Sunni now. Either need to go Shia or a Sunni heresy somehow or maybe Zoroastrian. I could try one of the reformables but I'm not sure there are enough holy sites in range to reform it before I hit North Africa. I guess I could try taking the caliphate for myself and then using caliphal subjugation CB on North Africa.

The kow-tow event chain is really nice, by the way. It's basically like the hajj event chain but themed around a trip to China. Cost me like 250 prestige but got a few hundred Grace out of it, plus a free artifact from an event. I think I had a few stat boost events, too. And after that I started getting the +2 grace/month but without having to do the gold/levy tribute. Costs -0.1 prestige/month but the artifact I got gives +0.35/month, so it's a net gain no matter what.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 11:13:55 am by ZeroGravitas »

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12802 on: November 19, 2017, 11:35:34 am »

I stole a crossbow, so the Emperor didn't like me ;)
Love, scriver~

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12803 on: November 20, 2017, 07:24:54 am »

Love, scriver~

Radsoc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12804 on: November 20, 2017, 07:48:52 am »

What's the bear horse thing all about? Is it an easter egg? Any implications? Can it be disabled?
"The hand-mill gives you society with the feudal lord; the steam-mill society with the industrial capitalist."

"To punish the oppressors of humanity is clemency; to forgive them is cruelty. The severity of tyrants has barbarity for its principle; that of a republican government is founded on beneficence."

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #12805 on: November 20, 2017, 07:54:29 am »

What's the bear horse thing all about? Is it an easter egg? Any implications? Can it be disabled?
I don't know about bears (I don't have enough dosh to buy the new expansion), but you can get a horse if your character is a lunatic. One fella, called "nanomaster", made an AAR on /r/crusaderkings2 about a horse forming the Roman Empire. It's a must read for every decent CK2 player, google "CK2 From Norse To Horse".
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12806 on: November 20, 2017, 08:04:18 am »

A bear rules Bengal!
I cannot wait 'till some madman restores Roman Empire as a bear!
Love, scriver~

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #12807 on: November 20, 2017, 08:08:36 am »

A bear rules Bengal!
I cannot wait 'till some madman restores Roman Empire as a bear!
That's not my post. I've just saw it and decided to share it with you, guys and gals.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12808 on: November 20, 2017, 08:44:28 am »

I just quoted you because you were the one who informed us here in this thread.
Love, scriver~

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #12809 on: November 20, 2017, 08:55:35 am »

I've been taking a look through the files and they've actually done it: secret bears are a thing now.
And I've posted about secret bears being a thing in the game now the day the DLC came out.

You can also have cat spymaster Mittens.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?
Pages: 1 ... 852 853 [854] 855 856 ... 1002