Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 879 880 [881] 882 883 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2008588 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #13200 on: April 09, 2018, 06:57:38 am »

Placing targets like grandsons or nephews or claimants into a court that

A) doesnt like them
B) likes you

will make assasination immediate.

Go for other religions, cultures, and, in the case of children, any other court.  Children can be assigned guardians in another court as many times as required to make a plot stick, and you can always suck up the tyranny malus to imprison them and execute them.  Or shove them in the oubliette, though Ive had heirs live for over 20 years in there . . .

If you have focii, you can select spy as a focus.  When spying on others, you will:

A) be more likely to discover their plots, allowing free imprisoning
B) be able to slander them , decreasing peoples like of them (and then forcing them out of court, which is quite effective)
C) occasionally get events to either kidnap them (even your liege or top liege, if you opt to spy on them), or murder them outright without a plot (less reliable, but possible too)

BTW, I dont know if somebody independently opting to kill a character will prohibit them from joining your plot to kill this same character.  It may be beneficial to get them to quit their plot and invite them to yours.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13201 on: April 09, 2018, 08:30:24 am »

@scriver: Yes, it's the last heir to the Merovingian dynasty, and making a friend of him and inviting him to the court didn't work.

I might be imagining things but the font in the popup looks nicer and clearer then when I play. Are you using some kind of text mod?

Yeah, 'better readable font mod'. I was looking for something to make the font bigger, but making it more readable also helps. It hasn't been updated in a couple years, but it works fine.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13202 on: April 09, 2018, 08:32:27 am »

You also appear to be over your vassal limit, which causes some pretty sizable friction. Either move counts/barons directly under you to a duke, or make them independent. It's very difficult to maintain a stable empire while you're over your vassal limit.
Make some duchies and hand them out.  try not to let them gain too much power near non-same religion countries.

I went over the limit due to Charlemagnes brother dying and inheriting the other half of the kingdom, and yeah, I'm still trying to figure this out.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #13203 on: April 09, 2018, 10:45:45 am »

Love, scriver~

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #13204 on: April 09, 2018, 11:57:07 am »

That how reincarnation looks like? Ohwait, no you couldn't have reincarnated if you are still alive. Confused. Wondering why the portrait of the viewed character is different than the one on top.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 11:58:54 am by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13205 on: April 09, 2018, 12:09:09 pm »

U calling me Dum m8
Love, scriver~

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13206 on: April 09, 2018, 12:41:57 pm »

Does anybody who has played Charlemagne know if there is a later scripted marriage after the Lombard one and you decide to annul that one?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13207 on: April 09, 2018, 12:50:17 pm »

Nope! Well, I don't think so. I'm not sure I ever waited to see.
Love, scriver~

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #13208 on: April 09, 2018, 05:39:37 pm »

... I should post some pics of my game world too.  I'm playing the republic of amalfi. I've managed to get independence and fend off the lombards and byzantium by (mis?)using the resources at my disposal as grandmaster of the assasins....
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #13209 on: April 09, 2018, 06:35:01 pm »

I managed to go from being a single county Zunist to the Persian Emperor a handful of generations. I think it was three, maybe one or two more than that... some odd successions in there.

Also made the world angry, since Jihads were unlocked toward the end of the 9th Century, followed a few years later by the availability of Pagan great holy wars. Crusades unlocked early-10th Century, and the first one was for the Jewish Holy Roman Empire. A feat, I feel, since I don’t have secret sects turned on.

I was a publicly Sunni Abbasid vassal for a bit (holy shit Iqta government seems really OP) while secretly being Zunist, before a claimant revolt replaced them, followed by an independence revolt, and then another that I started. I also had the spawn of Satan event happen to me, again with a girl in a Muslim government. Game doesn’t want to let me see it succeed :( also got the Chinese to knacker the rest of the empire-formerly-known-as-Abbasid, just for gits and shiggles.

I got claims on the remaining Zunist holy sites to reform, then JIHAD! But it was just the Shiites, who could barely muster 3k guys between them, and where also in the other side of Africa. Free 11k holy order troops though, so I holy warred my way to Persia and a massive threat level, of which I have not got rid.

There was also that time my 77-year old character got 100 prestige for fighting his way out of a sticky situation in the battlefield.

On my way to dealing with the Sunnis in India so I can get Rajastan, then I might try to turn Brittania Afghan Zunist.

Worried about when the Mongols turn up (Seljuks first I think) ‘cause they’re not very nice, but I have a few hundred years of expansion to go yet. We shall see how it goes though.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13210 on: April 09, 2018, 08:31:09 pm »

That how reincarnation looks like? Ohwait, no you couldn't have reincarnated if you are still alive. Confused. Wondering why the portrait of the viewed character is different than the one on top.
I've had that happen before. I've reincarnated as myself into myself before.

Have the screenshot too.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #13211 on: April 09, 2018, 09:24:12 pm »

The Seljuks came in 971.

Save and quit, that requires a non-bedtime moment to play. Also dealing with a Jihad against the frankly broken Sunnis, and a revolt ‘cause I like plotting to revoke titles and then imprisoning people to revoke even more titles.

Anywho, 60k Seljuks against my 42k vassals and presently ~8k demesne troops. Holy order troops are under contract to my high priest for some reason, probably doing his holy war expansion around Egypt, the little blighter.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13212 on: April 10, 2018, 02:04:12 am »

The Seljuks came in 971.

Save and quit, that requires a non-bedtime moment to play. Also dealing with a Jihad against the frankly broken Sunnis, and a revolt ‘cause I like plotting to revoke titles and then imprisoning people to revoke even more titles.

Anywho, 60k Seljuks against my 42k vassals and presently ~8k demesne troops. Holy order troops are under contract to my high priest for some reason, probably doing his holy war expansion around Egypt, the little blighter.

I assume your plan to beat them involves leading them on a light jog around the desert until they fall over?
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13213 on: April 10, 2018, 10:06:50 am »

The Seljuks came in 971.

Speaking of the revoke title stuff, I can't get it to work, as in the option is there, I think I have Title Revocation Law enabled in Francia, and the council law for revoking titles is set to ruler (ruler title revocation sovereignity), and yet when I mouse over the greyed out send button, it says I don't have title revocation law enabled in Francia. So, what gives here?

I wanted to claim the county of Paris (sadly, the county capitol is NOT Paris, can I change county capitol?) so I could move my realm capitol there, but I couldn't revoke title, so I ended up having to kill off the counts (thankfully) small family before it would automatically go to me. Found no shortage of co-conspirators though.

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13214 on: April 10, 2018, 10:26:00 am »

Yes, you can change county capitals via a right-click option, iirc.

CK2 tooltips often don't correctly explain why you can't do something.

couple questions:

1. What's the status of the intermediate titles? (k_france and d_whatever)

2. What's your inheritance law, and the inheritance law of the intermediate titles?
Pages: 1 ... 879 880 [881] 882 883 ... 1002