Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 880 881 [882] 883 884 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2008992 times)

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #13215 on: April 10, 2018, 10:34:47 am »

There should also be a crown in the top... left or right corner of the county overview that'll move the capital to that place, assuming you personally own holdings there. I believe it's something you can only do once per ruler or with prestige though? I've honestly rarely use it so I wouldn't know. Right-clicking is also an option so go with whatever works for you. Keep in mind that the best place to put your capital is in a province with lots of holdings you can own (generally castles). Your capital grants 50% more levies to each holding you own in that province, so obviously you want to maximize that to get the most troops possible. Owning every castle in your capital duchy is also important to stop Counts from being complete dicks and getting mad you won't give the duchy to them. You get a 25% bonus to your capital duchy's levies but that isn't as great.

Keep in mind that it's been a while since I played CK2 so this might be a touch out of date.

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13216 on: April 10, 2018, 11:00:11 am »

There should also be a crown in the top... left or right corner of the county overview that'll move the capital to that place, assuming you personally own holdings there. I believe it's something you can only do once per ruler or with prestige though? I've honestly rarely use it so I wouldn't know. Right-clicking is also an option so go with whatever works for you. Keep in mind that the best place to put your capital is in a province with lots of holdings you can own (generally castles). Your capital grants 50% more levies to each holding you own in that province, so obviously you want to maximize that to get the most troops possible. Owning every castle in your capital duchy is also important to stop Counts from being complete dicks and getting mad you won't give the duchy to them. You get a 25% bonus to your capital duchy's levies but that isn't as great.

Keep in mind that it's been a while since I played CK2 so this might be a touch out of date.

he's not asking about changing his realm capital. he's asking about changing the county capital of a county. changing it from one barony to a different barony.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13217 on: April 10, 2018, 11:03:32 am »

Oh. Sorry.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13218 on: April 10, 2018, 11:19:22 am »

I did move the capitol to the county of Paris, but the city of Paris doesn't seem to have that option. Not a huge deal for me though.

Yes, you can change county capitals via a right-click option, iirc.

CK2 tooltips often don't correctly explain why you can't do something.

couple questions:

1. What's the status of the intermediate titles? (k_france and d_whatever)

2. What's your inheritance law, and the inheritance law of the intermediate titles?

To clarify, I'm the Emperor of France, so, it was Empire of Francia, and Kingdom of West Francia. But Paris can't be used as an example atm since I took another path to getting it.

My current inheritance is Agnatic Gavelkind, same for kingdoms of West and Middle Francia, I also have three sons already and my character is 22.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

To use an example of one that I can't revoke, the succession is cognatic-agnatic gavelkind.

And an example of one that I'm currently attempting to revoke via other means.

Edit: Found out that you can't do it via the murder route for those under investiture succession.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 12:05:51 pm by smjjames »

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #13219 on: April 10, 2018, 12:04:51 pm »

Are you his direct liege? You can't revoke titles from your vassals vassals.
Love, scriver~

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13220 on: April 10, 2018, 01:05:08 pm »

that's really what i meant in my question. who is the duke of valois, does anyone hold K_france, etc,

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13221 on: April 10, 2018, 04:46:17 pm »

that's really what i meant in my question. who is the duke of valois, does anyone hold K_france, etc,

The title for duchy of valois wasn't created yet, and I assume k_france is the empire rather than the kingdoms of Francia, nobody other than my characters house and family should have that.

Also, as it happens, in my game, the childless empress of Lombardy died and somehow or other in some dynastic twist, the bastard half brother of my character became king of Italy.

Is it me or is the AI really dumb about waging war sometimes?
« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 09:34:04 pm by smjjames »

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #13222 on: April 10, 2018, 04:52:56 pm »

Revoking titles has weird rules.

As scriver said, they need to be direct vassals to do it. The title also can't be the subject of an ongoing war, nor can you revoke titles from vassals you have a truce with, unless (I think) you have a claim on it.

Edit:

So, those Seljuks, and that Jihad...

Kinda got interesting when the Black Death decided to join the party.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 07:38:54 pm by hector13 »
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #13223 on: April 10, 2018, 08:48:47 pm »

What you mean by 'kinda interesting' is that you used your superior number of retinues and your human thinkbits to create favorable tactics and everybody died due to 100 person supply limits and then you ran out of monies because black plague and couldn't siege anything?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13224 on: April 10, 2018, 08:49:47 pm »

Anyone know if the Elder Kings mod has been updated yet?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #13225 on: April 10, 2018, 09:35:39 pm »

What you mean by 'kinda interesting' is that you used your superior number of retinues and your human thinkbits to create favorable tactics and everybody died due to 100 person supply limits and then you ran out of monies because Black Plague and couldn't siege anything?

Don’t have me any retinues :o

I used my human think bits to find places where my troops could actually replenish while fighting Seljuk (who is now my marshal, a branded apostate, and has the craven trait) while the Sunnis just annoyed me ‘cause of the aforementioned 100 supply limit almost everywhere in my realm meaning I couldn’t really get any troops to completely finish them off for bloody ages. My monthly income went from ~70 to less than 10, so I couldn’t raise my demesne troops for fear of losing my admittedly huge coffers.

I think the Jihad lasted 14 years, and I didn’t see a stack larger than ~9k from them :-[ they also beat me in a fight they had no right beating me, which set things back a bit. Heck, Seljuk with his 28 martial got caned a few times by my smaller armies more than once.

Now I’m really just waiting to get imperial administration so I can stop my vassals fighting each other, and expand a bit more.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #13226 on: April 10, 2018, 10:03:28 pm »

Anyone know if the Elder Kings mod has been updated yet?
Their SVN version is, I belive, up to date. You can grab the instructions on their sub-forum over at Paradox.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Wolock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13227 on: April 11, 2018, 12:42:48 am »

In my current game the Papacy seems to be occupied by pirates. It is led by Pope Marinus a one-eyed strong lunatic while the preferatus owns a parrot, walks with a pegleg and is named Guido the Sea-Devil.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13228 on: April 11, 2018, 01:52:30 am »

In my current game the Papacy seems to be occupied by pirates. It is led by Pope Marinus a one-eyed strong lunatic while the preferatus owns a parrot, walks with a pegleg and is named Guido the Sea-Devil.

What mod gives peglegs and pet parrots?

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13229 on: April 11, 2018, 02:16:59 am »

It probably isn't very good question but does it usually happens that you ask yourself how I got this claim on this random county
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.
Pages: 1 ... 880 881 [882] 883 884 ... 1002