Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 881 882 [883] 884 885 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 1990050 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #13230 on: April 11, 2018, 02:43:29 am »

I’d guess three things, either from claims getting carried over via inheritance, you made a claim and forgot about it, or a vassal (or a relative) died without a heir and it went to you.

What would be even weirder is the queen of Lombardy dying without a heir and somehow or other the bastard son of Charlemagne managed to be king of Italy. Probably partially explainable by the fact that he was mayor of an Italian town, then became a councilor in the Lombardy court, somehow made his way back to Francia, and now Italy is ruled by what is essentially a sister House to Charlemagne’s dynasty. The guy had a complex and interesting history that’s for sure.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13231 on: April 11, 2018, 03:08:30 am »

Is there a way to find a person history because there are some interesting things I want to see.
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #13232 on: April 11, 2018, 06:17:08 am »

In my current game the Papacy seems to be occupied by pirates. It is led by Pope Marinus a one-eyed strong lunatic while the preferatus owns a parrot, walks with a pegleg and is named Guido the Sea-Devil.

What mod gives peglegs and pet parrots?

The Health and Disease DLC (Reaper's Due iirc) adds healers/doctors, one of the templates is a Piratey Matey Yarr kind of guy. It also adds amputations and, presumably, prosthetics.

Piratey Matey Guy comes with the Parrot modifier himself, but some of the DLC (the latest, iirc) or possibly the free update content makes it possible to get a parrot yourself through random event. You can also since previously have a dog (Way of Life, Hunting focus), a horse (Horselords, if Nomadic government type), or a cat (random event).

They're all good boys, brunt.

It probably isn't very good question but does it usually happens that you ask yourself how I got this claim on this random county

Aside from already mentioned reasons you also get a claim on provinces that leave your realm through, say, revolt. Sometimes this leads to you getting claims on counties that never actually left (because they lost the revolt and rejoined) and other strange things. But yeah, I've been playing this game since it came out and I still sometimes have no idea how my character ended up with a claim.

Is there a way to find a person history because there are some interesting things I want to see.

Yes. Either search for them in the history files, or look for it in the title history (click on a province coat of arms to find it) or through the dynasty history of somebody they are related to (click on a character's house coat of arms to find it).

However the timeline does not go beyond 1 AD for mechanical reasons, the engine wasn't built that way.
Love, scriver~

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13233 on: April 11, 2018, 06:34:07 am »

I meant more in a sense of where they lived in such court, religion change, staff like that.

I found a dynasty with her symbol is a Cresent and a star and is completely Catholic, probably conversation but I want to find where the guy lived and how he didn't die
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #13234 on: April 11, 2018, 07:09:34 am »

Someone said "parrot" in the thread? Because I've never seen anyone with a pet parrot in my games.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13235 on: April 11, 2018, 08:12:15 am »

Someone said "parrot" in the thread? Because I've never seen anyone with a pet parrot in my games.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Love, scriver~

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13236 on: April 11, 2018, 09:53:06 am »

I actually got the cat one, though it was sandwiched between events leading to joining Lucifers Own (things get !!!FUN!!! when doing that).

Also, scriver, when you talked about the Byzantine line starting with Augustus, you linked the wrong image.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13237 on: April 11, 2018, 10:46:46 am »

No, look at the bottom of the list ;)
Love, scriver~

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13238 on: April 11, 2018, 11:46:22 am »

Oh, I thought you had been referring to family trees or something. Also, just got that physician with Sea-Devil in their name, heh, recruited.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13239 on: April 12, 2018, 04:25:10 pm »

Doublepost, but anyways, how do I get rid of a city which is somehow still under the flag of the Empire of Francia but is in an entirely different country? I know why it's there, it's because an ancestor of my character (great-granduncle actually) was mayor of it for a time (fled to Italy, well, Lombardy) and then through I-don't-remember, came back to the empire, then later through I-don't-know-what, he became king of Italy.

The 'how' it got stuck under the flag of the empire of Francia, I have no clue. It doesn't cause any problems that I can tell and the only effects that I've seen is that it confuses/distracts enemy armies.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #13240 on: April 12, 2018, 05:23:06 pm »

Could grant it independence. Not sure if you can grant the title to the owner who is outside of your realm.

I’d keep it, personally. No harm, unless the owner wants it and declares war. Or his liege :o
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #13241 on: April 12, 2018, 05:52:32 pm »

Yea that free monies.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #13242 on: April 12, 2018, 06:25:07 pm »

Wait for the next patch and use the new game rule to liberate exclaves on ruler succession

But yes, if you want to clean it up, granting independence is the easiest option.  Alternately, forging/obtaining claims to go conquering through the Balkans is another option. 

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13243 on: April 12, 2018, 07:37:01 pm »

Could grant it independence. Not sure if you can grant the title to the owner who is outside of your realm.

I’d keep it, personally. No harm, unless the owner wants it and declares war. Or his liege :o

Well, empire of Francia is me, so, the owner is me.

Also, how do I fix this with the city (bottom row of holdings) being the wrong type of holding in the demesene? It's a demesene I control, so, obviously I should build what I want, but there is no clue as to how to fix this, the game is of absolutely no help here. And yes, I'm playing a demon spawn, lol

edit: I THINK it might be because the places succession is agnatic gavelkind rather than elective. Maybe I need to give someone the barony for the city?? edit2: I guess that worked... I gave it to my nephew, heh.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 07:41:41 pm by smjjames »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #13244 on: April 12, 2018, 08:15:10 pm »

I once saw a Muslim Merchant Kingdom of Yemen hold all 4 types of holdings at once. I imagine a Muslim Chinese Imperial government might also be able to do so too?
Pages: 1 ... 881 882 [883] 884 885 ... 1002