Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 883 884 [885] 886 887 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 1990489 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #13260 on: April 13, 2018, 05:28:38 pm »

There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #13261 on: April 13, 2018, 07:03:20 pm »

Fighting is better than sieging for contributions.

Alternatively, break up that massive doom stack you have and siege as much as you can.

Basically sieges are slow and steady, while battles are quick but fruitful.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13262 on: April 13, 2018, 07:19:18 pm »

The thing is that if you spread your forces out, you can claim precedence in sieges before anyone else can. Which means that you get the most contribution from sieging them down, even if all you have is 3 bumpkins and a horse sitting around.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #13263 on: April 13, 2018, 07:20:34 pm »

Can someone explain how the Crusade contributions work? What makes the score go way up like for Wessex? Obviously it doesn't matter for this one since my characters son has Aquitaine and I'm Emperor of Francia, but it could for future Crusades and I couldn't find an explaination on how it works and how to greatly increase score, other than maybe zerging.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Fights are worth a lot of single serving points.  Occupations are a few points that accrue over time.  what you want to do is fight the largest stacks first, as the lead attacker.  Then siege things.  While you only get the crusader badge for sieging land in the kingdom in question, you will get points for holding any valid holding.  So sieging the weak tribes or the emptied out castle will net you easy points.

But, usually, when both sides are 10k or more strong, its enough to win the major fights and then go diddle off to do your own wars while everyone else is occupied.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13264 on: April 13, 2018, 07:22:47 pm »

Also, you will want as many of your line of succession/commanders to get the Crusader trait too, since it gives a +2 martial bonus and an opinion bonus with other Crusaders.

Just have them lead the army for a few days in the targeted kingdom while sieging.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13265 on: April 13, 2018, 08:29:02 pm »

Fighting is better than sieging for contributions.

Alternatively, break up that massive doom stack you have and siege as much as you can.

Basically sieges are slow and steady, while battles are quick but fruitful.

I was in the middle of splitting them up and spreading them to new provinces, you might notice that there are four separate armies in there.

Also, is the first time the Black Death appears supposed to be a dud? I've read that the first one is supposed to be a map wide event, because, you know, Black Death. I got the event popup with the message of ominousness and waited for it to spread, but when I looked a bit ago, the only thing that was spreading from the starting province is measles.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #13266 on: April 13, 2018, 08:38:16 pm »

After the first outbreak, minor ones may appear in localized regions.  Still plenty deadly though.

A second global one may also occur a few centuries after the first . . .
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #13267 on: April 13, 2018, 08:38:33 pm »

No. What are your game rules? Some game rules make it dynamic and others keep the black death to the proper historical borders (meaning Viva La Polan). I suppose it's theoretically possible that the first time around is a dud, but I've never heard of it happening before.

Also, what year is it? 970s is pretty early.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13268 on: April 13, 2018, 09:14:09 pm »

Fucking lol :p exactly the time I got it during my Jihad and Seljuk defense. It was world-spanning, too.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13269 on: April 13, 2018, 09:21:20 pm »

No. What are your game rules? Some game rules make it dynamic and others keep the black death to the proper historical borders (meaning Viva La Polan). I suppose it's theoretically possible that the first time around is a dud, but I've never heard of it happening before.

Also, what year is it? 970s is pretty early.

It actually appeared like, 20 years before the earlier screenshot, it's now 983 ingame. It was a 769 start and wiki says that the black death can get a chance to appear after ~200 years since game start. As far as I know, it never spread beyond that easternmost province of the Chinese protectorate. The measles epidemic I mentioned started in the next province westward from it. So, it just looks wierd to me.

I'm using default settings, I know I didn't change settings.

Fucking lol :p exactly the time I got it during my Jihad and Seljuk defense. It was world-spanning, too.

I saw you mention it earlier.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13270 on: April 13, 2018, 09:25:01 pm »

The annoying thing about it was that it seemed quite specifically meant for me. It started in the. North East someplace, and then crashed South to where I was. Persia being the first major sort of pop-up thing, then India, Asia Minor, North Africa, Western Europe and finally Eastern Europe, despite Eastern Europe being right next to it at the start.

Most upsetting.

Probably missed a few pop-ups, but I was a bit distracted trying to figure out what to do with all the nonsense.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13271 on: April 13, 2018, 09:27:21 pm »

It's a pretty big attention grabbing popup, not the standard sized popups.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13272 on: April 13, 2018, 09:30:05 pm »

I know, but it’s basically the same information in all the pop-ups. Bad shit is happening [somewhere] and everyone is dead.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13273 on: April 13, 2018, 11:27:42 pm »

I know, but it’s basically the same information in all the pop-ups. Bad shit is happening [somewhere] and everyone is dead.

No, it was the popup announcing the arrival of the Black Death saying that there were rumors of it happening in the western protectorate and being scary stuff and yadda yadda. Didn't get any notifications related to it afterwards. No idea if it's supposed to always start in the central Asia area, though that's the area the historical Black Death epidemic (more of a pandemic, that one) started.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #13274 on: April 14, 2018, 02:40:49 am »

How do you make screenshots of CKII? I tried PrintScreen, shift-PrintScreen, alt-PrintScreen and ctrl-PrintScreen, but nothing seems to get the CKII game to load into copypasta memory. all I got when I ctrl-v'd in paint was a screenshot of bay12forums.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479
Pages: 1 ... 883 884 [885] 886 887 ... 1002