Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 887 888 [889] 890 891 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 1990221 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #13320 on: April 16, 2018, 02:23:19 pm »

You can appoint animals as bishops. At least horses. And if they are immortal horses, it might take 200 years, but eventually Bishop Glitterhoof will rake enough cred to be elected first Cardinal and then Pope
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13321 on: April 16, 2018, 03:17:06 pm »

You can appoint animals as bishops. At least horses. And if they are immortal horses, it might take 200 years, but eventually Bishop Glitterhoof will rake enough cred to be elected first Cardinal and then Pope

[The famous story]
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #13322 on: April 16, 2018, 04:50:28 pm »

I made my own horse pope.

He's culturally Irish now (because the Papacy ended up in Waterford -incidentally, part of the French Empire- after tensions between a former Pope and my character -author of The Bible Improved- resulted in a war)  but otherwose he's still happy and a horse, 200 years after his election

I've had issues with antipopes though.  For some reason Catholic rulers struggle to accept an immortal quadruped as head of the Church
« Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 04:52:22 pm by ChairmanPoo »
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13323 on: April 16, 2018, 06:42:00 pm »

For some reason Catholic rulers struggle to accept an immortal quadruped as head of the Church

FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #13324 on: April 28, 2018, 05:25:08 pm »

How? Can you appoint a pet as successor or somesuch? Or mods?
It's possible in vanilla but a lot simpler to use mods. Also you can't play as the Pope without mods

Uristides

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13325 on: May 13, 2018, 01:50:26 pm »

Ramblings from my current 1066 start, custom rules, heavily-modded, round-robin-ish game. It's a bit of an ad-hoc writeup because I'm somewhat bored right now and I wish I started documenting things earlier to give a proper sense of just how drastically things transformed over time but eh, can't be helped:

The Chola Empire and India:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The little county of Bacs:

Okay, that took way longer than I expected. The real reason why I made this post was to show some stupid stuff the AI did, so I think I should at least do that before I go:

First off the political state of things:

And religion:

And with that I think I'm done here. As a closing remark, I'd really suggest you try out that round-robin informal rule where you change dynasties every 3-4 rulers(or whenever you get bored). It keeps you from just getting to that point where you achieved critical mass and you have to actively sabotage your game in order to have a significant challenge. Plus you get to see your blobs fare on their own, blobbing more, failing miserably and sometimes coming to bite your new blob in the ass.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #13326 on: May 14, 2018, 12:14:42 pm »

It's been a rather long time since I've done this, but I think this dev diary warrants it.

Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #13328 on: May 14, 2018, 12:37:55 pm »

I wonder if they're going to use this system to expand on any of the other types of Holy Wars in the future.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #13329 on: May 14, 2018, 12:40:01 pm »

I wonder if they're going to use this system to expand on any of the other types of Holy Wars in the future.
For this expansion they outright said no. In the future they seem to be going with "no" as well, but things can change.

Apparently duchy-level Crusader States will also be formed if they are either outside the De Jure target kingdom OR if they do not belong to the primary target of the Crusade (an ally, for instance). Unlike the Kingdom, they will be formed during the course of the war.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13330 on: May 14, 2018, 12:42:47 pm »

Apparently the most common way they'll form is by sieging down all of the holdings in a Duchy. Your benefactory would then get the title if you want to make the Crusader State, which means that you have to pick another person to be your benefactory. So it might be possible to make the Holy Land a patchwork of Crusader States all related to each other but I think it might be more difficult than that in practice. We'll have to wait and see.

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13331 on: May 14, 2018, 12:45:21 pm »

It's been a rather long time since I've done this, but I think this dev diary warrants it.

lol, it's like they literally ran out of other things to add to the game and were like, 'oh fine, that thing people have wanted for the better part of a decade? we'll do it.'

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #13332 on: May 14, 2018, 01:26:16 pm »

This is the exact kind of thing I've wanted them to do with crusades since forever.
Love, scriver~

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #13333 on: May 14, 2018, 03:56:39 pm »

The new ruler of the Crusader State, in order to properly rule such a challenging realm, gets a trait appropriately named ‘Crusader King/Queen’ which confers a massive same religion opinion along with some other goodies.
Game's been out for six years and it's only now they add the crusader kings. smh

Also, the fact that this is a free goddamn feature is amazing, especially by Paradox standards.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 03:58:33 pm by Tawa »
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13334 on: May 14, 2018, 05:43:26 pm »

Also, the fact that this is a free goddamn feature is amazing, especially by Paradox standards.

yeah, credit here for sure. what % of people who are going to ever buy ck2 don't already own it?
Pages: 1 ... 887 888 [889] 890 891 ... 1002