Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 889 890 [891] 892 893 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2010720 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #13350 on: May 19, 2018, 04:46:38 am »

Sainthood as well.

The only feature of the original still not implemented is the inevitable Big Nose eugenics.
Love, scriver~

Radsoc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13351 on: May 19, 2018, 04:50:47 am »

I always postpone playing these games, because of the DLCs. Usually too expensive on launch too, which adds some wait. But don't want to miss out.
"The hand-mill gives you society with the feudal lord; the steam-mill society with the industrial capitalist."

"To punish the oppressors of humanity is clemency; to forgive them is cruelty. The severity of tyrants has barbarity for its principle; that of a republican government is founded on beneficence."

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #13352 on: May 19, 2018, 06:30:03 am »

That Pagan religion designer thing sounds petty good.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #13353 on: May 19, 2018, 07:18:06 am »

Legendary Bloodlines: Descendants of great warrior heroes will have bonuses that match the accomplishments of their forefathers, including historical bloodlines of Charlemagne, Genghis Khan and others..
I see they're buffing the Karlings.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #13354 on: May 19, 2018, 07:30:09 am »

How long is delay between announcement of DLC and it's release, usually? This one looks interesting.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2018, 08:48:48 am by MCreeper »

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #13355 on: May 19, 2018, 08:35:25 am »

How long is delay between DLC announcement of DLC and it's release, usually? This one looks interesting.
About 1 to 2 months, usually.

Legendary Bloodlines: Descendants of great warrior heroes will have bonuses that match the accomplishments of their forefathers, including historical bloodlines of Charlemagne, Genghis Khan and others..
Also making the Mongols even scarier.

EDIT: Check out the steam page for some interesting screenshots
« Last Edit: May 19, 2018, 08:41:28 am by Teneb »
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #13356 on: May 19, 2018, 08:55:22 am »

That Pagan religion designer thing sounds petty good.

I believe I've talked about wanting something like that for pagan religions before. I my mind, which god you choose to make Head God of the new dogma would mean different bonuses or maluses or whatever, and then different heresies could arise over time, proclaiming their own favourite god as the Highest God,
Love, scriver~

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13357 on: May 19, 2018, 09:04:09 am »

Shattered and Random Worlds: Start your game on a fictional map of Europe as a small realm fighting for space, or on a random map with historical analogues for the great kingdoms of yore.

neat
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #13358 on: May 19, 2018, 10:26:31 am »

Holy shit they're finally gonna fill in the European portrait gaps. We will finally be able to remove the ugly base-game potato portraits off the face of this earth.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13359 on: May 19, 2018, 10:38:54 am »

Holy shit they're finally gonna fill in the European portrait gaps. We will finally be able to remove the ugly base-game potato portraits off the face of this earth.
Not quite. At the very least the Magyars are still going to use westerngfx, as you can see in the screenshot showing Árpad's bloodline.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #13360 on: May 19, 2018, 12:49:27 pm »

How long is delay between DLC announcement of DLC and it's release, usually? This one looks interesting.
About 1 to 2 months, usually.

Also making the Mongols even scarier.

I also like this, since I'm trying to get Western Europe as the Mongol Empire. Genghis Khan Temujin gets a few bonuses for being awesome, but nobody else does :(

It's also fun having everyone in the world declare war on you 'cause you want one county in Rus.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #13361 on: May 19, 2018, 03:01:21 pm »

I'm looking forward to the random map generator... I hope it plays nice with the features of DLC
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13362 on: May 19, 2018, 04:53:05 pm »

I'm not super satisfied with the new bloodline stuff, actually. It seems like it only applies in premade instances and can't arise naturally during play, and also I see no indication that it interacts with dynastic prestige, which is a terribly underutilized mechanic.

On a different note, this kind of seems like it could be the last DLC. It was a while ago now that they said they were winding down and doing a few more, and this one feels like a grab bag of features that people (presumably also including Paradox employees) haven't fit into any previous DLC.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2018, 05:09:28 pm by Cruxador »

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13363 on: May 19, 2018, 05:56:04 pm »

Some stuff from the stream they did:

Full UI redesign of the character page. More space for traits and modifiers, new traits (non-inheritable ugly/pretty trait), some icons redesigned (combat modifier), pope has options below him in religion tab
Can rename people, artifacts (modding)
Full childrens crusade event, all the way to actually laying siege to jerusalem (if enough rulers support+you can choose to support or send away). Will only happen once if it happens at all
Graphic pack for eastern slavic/baltic regions
Border texture is different now, I think
Pope is more important now

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13364 on: May 19, 2018, 06:11:31 pm »

I'm looking forward to the random map generator... I hope it plays nice with the features of DLC
Yes, finally. Finally!!!!
Pages: 1 ... 889 890 [891] 892 893 ... 1002