Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 890 891 [892] 893 894 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2008900 times)

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #13365 on: May 19, 2018, 06:17:22 pm »

Hoping there's finally a 4th Crusade in the game.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #13366 on: May 19, 2018, 06:42:57 pm »

So I started a game with the intention of being a loyal vassal. Randomly chose the chief of Zvolej it whatever it’s called.

Character’s father is the duke, elective succession, I’m the heir. Father died within 3 years of game start.

Evidently I’m just so good the game won’t let me be the small fry.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #13367 on: May 19, 2018, 08:04:08 pm »

So I started a game with the intention of being a loyal vassal. Randomly chose the chief of Zvolej it whatever it’s called.

Character’s father is the duke, elective succession, I’m the heir. Father died within 3 years of game start.

Evidently I’m just so good the game won’t let me be the small fry.
On 1066, find the count of Aargau, Werner von Habsburg. Then you will have the ultimate CK2 experience.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #13368 on: May 19, 2018, 08:11:14 pm »

If interested, one can also take advantage of the new bloodlines feature with the Count of Vermandois in 1066, Herbert IV, the only landed Carolingian remaining in direct line of descent from Charlemagne.  Rebuild the big blue blob from a single county.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13369 on: May 19, 2018, 08:43:47 pm »

If interested, one can also take advantage of the new bloodlines feature with the Count of Vermandois in 1066, Herbert IV, the only landed Carolingian remaining in direct line of descent from Charlemagne.  Rebuild the big blue blob from a single county.
It always struck me as odd how in real life, dynasties tended to be really short but in CK2, your dynasty is eternal.

I guess it's just how the game is, since if you lose your dynasty you straight up lose.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #13370 on: May 19, 2018, 10:11:11 pm »

It always struck me as odd how in real life, dynasties tended to be really short but in CK2, your dynasty is eternal.

I guess it's just how the game is, since if you lose your dynasty you straight up lose.
Yeah basically.
Otherwise you do see dynasties dying out
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13371 on: May 19, 2018, 10:53:01 pm »

AI dynasties seem to die off regularly enough, but the game isn't too hard, so it's not surprising that player ones last a while.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #13372 on: May 20, 2018, 12:03:14 am »

Argh. I keep wanting to play the game, but the next update is going to improve on so many of the things I want to do (e.g. make Finland look nice, fix inheritance bordergore in early start dates via exclave independence, improve Crusades) that if I start a game right now it'll be disappionting :/
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

A Thing

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here for ya, kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13373 on: May 20, 2018, 09:36:20 am »

Argh. I keep wanting to play the game, but the next update is going to improve on so many of the things I want to do (e.g. make Finland look nice, fix inheritance bordergore in early start dates via exclave independence, improve Crusades) that if I start a game right now it'll be disappionting :/

If your looking for a new campaign to try, the World of Darkness mod just updated to what I consider a playable point:

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/mod-princes-of-darkness-vampires-werewolves-etc.808621/
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1333219891

Currently its only really worth playing European vampires at the 1230 start. The middle-eastern and Indian vamps don't seem to have much content, and the rest of the supernatural creatures are pretty much placeholders right now.
Wasteland 1 & 2
"Power Couple: Markus Athing & Cyborg 45"

Makes me curious, can cyborgs have future babies too?
On the offchance they can, I know who I want my daddy to be
(finished)Age of Decadence

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13374 on: May 20, 2018, 04:26:27 pm »

I'm looking forward to the random map generator... I hope it plays nice with the features of DLC
Is it a random *map* generator like the EU4 DLC thingy, or just a random political generator? The screenshot looks like the "or on a random map with historical analogues for the great kingdoms of yore" rather than a shattered world of counts and dukes, so I'm not sure if they intended to add a random geography generator too or if it's just an ambiguous wording.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #13375 on: May 20, 2018, 05:16:48 pm »

Make civ iv maps importable plz kthnx.

or dominions?  i can see a highly detailed uu count given for the mod/conversion
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13376 on: May 20, 2018, 05:37:06 pm »

Is it a random *map* generator like the EU4 DLC thingy, or just a random political generator? The screenshot looks like the "or on a random map with historical analogues for the great kingdoms of yore" rather than a shattered world of counts and dukes, so I'm not sure if they intended to add a random geography generator too or if it's just an ambiguous wording.

Quote from: Holy Fury Announcement
Shattered and Random Worlds: Start your game on a fictional map of Europe as a small realm fighting for space, or on a random map with historical analogues for the great kingdoms of yore.

The announcement makes me think that it's both. A random political generator and a random map generator. Probably because they had the one from EU4 already and went 'We can merge these'.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13377 on: May 20, 2018, 06:38:03 pm »

Make civ iv maps importable plz kthnx.

or dominions?  i can see a highly detailed uu count given for the mod/conversion
Neither of those games are published by Paradox, so they can't and won't. As for modders doing it, that's already possible and probably won't get any easier in particular with this addition. Neither of those games information to make a great gameplay experience, though Dominions maps at least have provinces.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #13378 on: May 20, 2018, 06:42:49 pm »

If we can be a 500 year old lich from daggerfall in a multiplayer with spotty connection then we should also be able to collect and sacrifice virgins by the hundreds in order to build and maintain our army of ghost legionaries and moss-people that are commanded by angels.

and cthulhu-faces are one of the weaker underwater races, sooo, that insanity event is actually just you punking a punk.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13379 on: May 20, 2018, 10:47:06 pm »

If we can be a 500 year old lich from daggerfall in a multiplayer with spotty connection then we should also be able to collect and sacrifice virgins by the hundreds in order to build and maintain our army of ghost legionaries and moss-people that are commanded by angels.
That's done by extensive modding. An import utility is never going to have that ability.
Pages: 1 ... 890 891 [892] 893 894 ... 1002