Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 898 899 [900] 901 902 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2011246 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #13485 on: June 26, 2018, 08:21:56 pm »

Oh. Aye. The Duchy of Sicily is the football, though the rest of the Kingdom is the rest of the 'leg'. It's a nuisance since I need that leg and the upper half all under my control to form Voltron the Empire of Italy. It's so damn silly; I don't think any other Empire is harder to form.

Persia, but I’ve only really done it as weirdo religions and gone up against the Abbasid/Muslim blob and the Byzantines, fending off Indians all the while.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #13486 on: June 26, 2018, 08:49:57 pm »

Fair. If you're trying to go pure Zoastrian, it's a nightmare. Probably not as bad as an actual Muslim, but in the same light, trying to rule all of Italy as a Republic isn't the best strategy either. Patrician politics, dealing with the Karling Dynasty, and facing down the Byzantine blob doesn't make for a good time, and lord help those who attract Hungary's pagan gaze. If they didn't switch to Christianity at the drop of a hat, I imagine that their hordes would just demolish anyone in their way.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #13487 on: June 26, 2018, 11:58:38 pm »

There were traditionally two sicilies, and the mainland was one of them.

Edit: Eh, sorry, didn't read the context fully. Didn't realise the joke.
Love, scriver~

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #13488 on: June 27, 2018, 01:10:55 am »

I'm curious about a Republic world, where somebody manages to make merchant republics the major government -- or maybe find a way to establish lots and lots of them around Europe and then build an empire on top of that.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Trif

• Bay Watcher
  • the Not-Quite-So-Great-as-Toady One
    • View Profile
« Reply #13489 on: June 27, 2018, 06:21:37 am »

I once tried to take the kingdom of Italy as the republic of Amalfi. In the end, I invaded Lotharingia instead. Much easier.
Quote from: Toady One
I wonder if the game has become odd.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #13490 on: June 27, 2018, 09:07:25 am »

I'm curious about a Republic world, where somebody manages to make merchant republics the major government -- or maybe find a way to establish lots and lots of them around Europe and then build an empire on top of that.

That would be a bit difficult. As soon as you let a Republic be founded, you'd have to immediately grant it vassalage as you're only allowed a certain number of vassalized Republics I think. But one might be able to make it work.
BIRDS.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13491 on: June 27, 2018, 09:19:19 am »

That would be a bit difficult. As soon as you let a Republic be founded, you'd have to immediately grant it vassalage as you're only allowed a certain number of vassalized Republics I think. But one might be able to make it work.
What if you use a network of king-level vassals and grant them the republics rather than holding the republics yourself?
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13492 on: June 27, 2018, 09:51:35 am »

Only 10% of the land in your realm can be owned by republics.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #13493 on: June 27, 2018, 09:53:11 am »

unless you disable that option.

Additionally, if they expand into the land themselves it doesn't count.  Though they rarely make their own republics, preferring to have feudal underlings.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13494 on: June 27, 2018, 09:55:09 am »

If you disable that option there is no limit to vassal republics I believe, therefore it would be possible to turn most government into MRs.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #13495 on: June 27, 2018, 10:40:17 am »

Nice. I imagine that not every country would be suited for it, but I would be interested in setting up a Republics campaign in Ireland or Scandinavia.

Anything that gets me away from the Byzantines. ;.;
BIRDS.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #13496 on: June 27, 2018, 11:43:24 am »

Ah, a Scandinavian republic, eh?

Honest Olav's Slightly Used British Wares, Weapons, Women, and Skulls
"We have the best viking deals!"
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #13497 on: June 27, 2018, 12:07:44 pm »

"By plow, crook, and steel: if we can't get you the best price we'll give you a free horned helm!
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13498 on: June 27, 2018, 12:34:36 pm »

"Special Summer deals for stay at home raiders."

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #13499 on: June 27, 2018, 12:42:47 pm »

A lot of historians actually think that the Viking's trade network was a much bigger part of their economy than raids, its just the raids get all the press because people like talking about fighting more.

And you can set up a Republics campaign in those Scandinavia or Ireland if you reform tribal into a republic. Or you can play as Gotland in the 1066 start.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 898 899 [900] 901 902 ... 1002