Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 900 901 [902] 903 904 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 1990073 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #13515 on: June 28, 2018, 04:49:51 pm »

I dunno, I didn't try, and now he's dead and I'm his perfectly traited possibly bastard son instead. He doesn't care about his mother cheating his father, he was a cruel heartless bastard anyway.
Love, scriver~

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13516 on: June 28, 2018, 05:00:54 pm »

You’re taking this awfully seriously.

lol hector.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #13517 on: July 01, 2018, 12:02:17 am »

I'm curious about a Republic world, where somebody manages to make merchant republics the major government -- or maybe find a way to establish lots and lots of them around Europe and then build an empire on top of that.

Did this in Elder Kings, formed the Empire of Tamriel and took over all of it. It was a bit terrible. Don't remember specifics.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #13518 on: July 01, 2018, 03:05:45 pm »

So, I have a question for you lot.

If I try to retract a vassal (Which I can do for free since I have imperial administration) from a guy that's in a faction with one other person and they have no allies...

Is there a reason over half the country would also revolt with them instantly?
We will revolt together or we shall surely be revolting individually

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #13519 on: July 01, 2018, 03:56:57 pm »

They don't like you, in guessing? Vassals sometimes get to send a call-of-arms to all other vassals when they declare war on you - I'm not sure what the exact requirements for this actually is though - and if the others dislike you (or maybe just like your heir a whole lot more) they might decide to join with the rebels.

That, or they are allied.
Love, scriver~

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #13520 on: July 01, 2018, 04:15:46 pm »

I had it happen once when I was the vassal, but I’m not entirely sure why I became the leader of a kingdom-wide tyranny revolt.

Chances are they just don’t like you. Imperial Administration gives opinion penalties on all vassals, even moreso if you have some viceroyalties kicking around.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13521 on: July 01, 2018, 07:55:18 pm »

I'm finally messing around with Monks & Mystics, and running the vassal Trade Republic of Gotland (called Visby) so I'm doing Seduction to quickly build dockmanagers my house.  Er, family (also my manor, soon).

Point is, I just got a seduction option from being a Hermetic, to ask her star sign.  The hint text says "[...] having pegged her as a Capricorn".
Either they rolled 12 on a d12, or they adjust the tooltext based on the target's sign XD  (She was born Jan 2).

...Also I really hope that text doesn't change if you're a woman seducing a man, teehee
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #13522 on: July 01, 2018, 08:12:47 pm »

Ah, so they sometimes get a call to arms for it?

I've not played vassals much, my vassal games are either short lived because the top liege hates me and pulls all of my titles, or I wind up accidentally/purposely propelled to being ruler (one example, played as a count in Lombardy, some faction forced elective without me even realising, and I got elected king)
Vassal games are usually the most stable as Dukes serving under Kings, or Kings who have marginalized their Emperor's power to puppet-status (easiest done in Byzantine Empire)
The easiest way to have your liege like you is to vastly outnumber them on the battlefield

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #13523 on: July 01, 2018, 08:26:38 pm »

Ah, so they sometimes get a call to arms for it?

I've not played vassals much, my vassal games are either short lived because the top liege hates me and pulls all of my titles, or I wind up accidentally/purposely propelled to being ruler (one example, played as a count in Lombardy, some faction forced elective without me even realising, and I got elected king)
Vassal games are usually the most stable as Dukes serving under Kings, or Kings who have marginalized their Emperor's power to puppet-status (easiest done in Byzantine Empire)
The easiest way to have your liege like you is to vastly outnumber them on the battlefield
I was marginalized myself after my immortal ruler turned it's kingdom-republic into an empire-republic and started handing over kingdoms to his family. My otherwise fairly mighty empire was emgaged into civil wars every few years. Worse, they all agreed that was the way they wanted it so any attempts to ban it in the council failed
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #13524 on: July 03, 2018, 03:57:51 pm »

To my surprise, a new (non-WIP) version of Elder Kings was released: link, requires registering on the paradox forums.

Impressive stuff.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13525 on: July 03, 2018, 04:49:36 pm »

I restarted my Gotland republic run, this time rolled 3 learning/intrigue, cruel, and greedy.  So I went satanist.  Fun, but Sweden is Catholic in 1066, so I couldn't go raiding for captives.  Hm, but Erik the heathen was still Norse, and owed me a favor...

So when my liege discontented the council, I started a faction to put Erik on the throne.  Despite hating the king, Erik didn't deign to join, so I called in my favor.  Together we had ~140% of the liege's power.  I pressed the demand, the king was a baby about it, we won.

Now under King Erik the Heathen, I tried to switch to Norse.  But the only option I saw was to *pretend* to switch.  Pretty sure it doesn't matter, my interface changed and I was able to replace my chaplain with a Norse priest.  Pretty sure I can raid now.

But to summarize:  I'm a Satanist pretending to be a Catholic pretending to be Norse.  My patricians keep plotting, so I keep imprisoning and sacrificing them to "".  Yeah, the game can't figure out who the hell I'm sacrificing to.  But to be fair, my 3 learning character probably doesn't know either.

"", the Nameless One, cares not from where the blood comes.

And then my power went out.  Whatever's out there can only tolerate so much inane heresy-for-the-sake-of-heresy :P
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #13526 on: July 03, 2018, 05:29:12 pm »

I restarted my Gotland republic run, this time rolled 3 learning/intrigue, cruel, and greedy.  So I went satanist.  Fun, but Sweden is Catholic in 1066, so I couldn't go raiding for captives.  Hm, but Erik the heathen was still Norse, and owed me a favor...

So when my liege discontented the council, I started a faction to put Erik on the throne.  Despite hating the king, Erik didn't deign to join, so I called in my favor.  Together we had ~140% of the liege's power.  I pressed the demand, the king was a baby about it, we won.

Now under King Erik the Heathen, I tried to switch to Norse.  But the only option I saw was to *pretend* to switch.  Pretty sure it doesn't matter, my interface changed and I was able to replace my chaplain with a Norse priest.  Pretty sure I can raid now.

But to summarize:  I'm a Satanist pretending to be a Catholic pretending to be Norse.  My patricians keep plotting, so I keep imprisoning and sacrificing them to "".  Yeah, the game can't figure out who the hell I'm sacrificing to.  But to be fair, my 3 learning character probably doesn't know either.

"", the Nameless One, cares not from where the blood comes.

And then my power went out.  Whatever's out there can only tolerate so much inane heresy-for-the-sake-of-heresy :P
EVIL_GOD demands more sacrifices! Maybe, we don't actually know.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #13527 on: July 04, 2018, 09:36:32 pm »

Are you willing to risk his wrath to find out?  Will you take their place?  No?  Then go get'em.

A satanist pretending to convert to norse om order to catch blood sacrifices sounds exactly how pagans got a bad rap.  Yep
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13528 on: July 04, 2018, 09:37:48 pm »

Tsundere_God didn't want your sacrifices anyway, baka!
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #13529 on: July 05, 2018, 02:31:23 am »

Reminds me of Stross' Laundry Files. A plot point is that it doesn't really matter what  cultists think they are worshipping/summoning/making sacrifices to, as odds are that somewhere in the multiverse there is some eldritch being hungry enough to take up the mantle. 
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 05, 2018, 02:42:57 am by ChairmanPoo »
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.
Pages: 1 ... 900 901 [902] 903 904 ... 1002