Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 905 906 [907] 908 909 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2010937 times)

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #13590 on: August 12, 2018, 08:12:19 pm »

These dev diaries are making the update/dlc feel more and more like a swan song to Crusader Kings from paradox. Which both makes sense seeing as that more or less ties in with their estimates of how many dlc were left a while back and given the ongoing development of Imperator.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #13591 on: August 12, 2018, 08:17:32 pm »

It's not dying it's 'nearing completion'.

Once upon a time games didn't get patched.  They came as 1.1, and that was it.  :\
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #13592 on: August 12, 2018, 08:59:41 pm »

Once upon a time games didn't get patched.  They came as 1.1, and that was it.  :\

When was this? Certainly not in my lifetime.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13593 on: August 12, 2018, 09:01:59 pm »

Console games

Most arcade games
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #13594 on: August 12, 2018, 09:08:03 pm »

Quite a few console games got patches; off the top of my head, Super Smash Bros. Melee even got a balance patch when it was released in Europe, and the second NTSC release also had some bug fixes (perhaps most famously the grab-boomerang-while-tethered super jump Link and Young Link had). In fact, Nintendo often released patches, and if I recall the "greatest hits" versions of games on the Playstation also commonly did.

You said "most arcade games" so I figure you already thought of Street Fighter, heh.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13595 on: August 12, 2018, 09:37:08 pm »

Clearly my gamer-fu is off
PKs DF Mod!

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13596 on: August 12, 2018, 11:48:58 pm »

These dev diaries are making the update/dlc feel more and more like a swan song to Crusader Kings from paradox. Which both makes sense seeing as that more or less ties in with their estimates of how many dlc were left a while back and given the ongoing development of Imperator.
Yeah, I fully expect that after Holy Fury and one or two support patches, the next thing we hear about Crusader Kings will include the number three.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13597 on: August 12, 2018, 11:52:25 pm »

Is Crusader Kings 3 a nickname for Victoria 3?
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #13598 on: August 13, 2018, 05:14:51 am »

Quite a few console games got patches; off the top of my head, Super Smash Bros. Melee even got a balance patch when it was released in Europe, and the second NTSC release also had some bug fixes (perhaps most famously the grab-boomerang-while-tethered super jump Link and Young Link had). In fact, Nintendo often released patches, and if I recall the "greatest hits" versions of games on the Playstation also commonly did.

You said "most arcade games" so I figure you already thought of Street Fighter, heh.
You arent thinking about the right consoles :p
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #13599 on: August 13, 2018, 05:25:01 am »

Ocarina of Time got a couple updates, too, though I can't remember details beyond the chanting being removed.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13600 on: August 13, 2018, 02:51:39 pm »

But we could not count on getting updates until really only the last gen of consoles, sure the Xbox had some patches but there more hope that people have Xbox live or buy the magazine issue with patches.
Remember Halo 2's Multiplayer Map Pack? that came on DVD due to how poor console patches distribution was.

Now Xbox 360 had more patches like the one that mini person avatar thing (why?)

PC has allways had more and better patches, formally by CD's yes once apron a time the gameing magazines where full of support.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #13601 on: August 17, 2018, 09:51:40 am »

Today's dev diary was something... unexpected.

In short: characters can become fat or malnourished (with changes to the portrait) now.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13602 on: August 17, 2018, 09:52:11 am »

But . . . no health loss for either?
PKs DF Mod!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #13603 on: August 17, 2018, 10:00:10 am »

Drottning Margareta, den Tjocka och den Feta
Love, scriver~

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #13604 on: August 17, 2018, 10:00:48 am »

But . . . no health loss for either?
Dev responses indicate it will give you a modifier with health loss if you go too far in either direction, but yeah.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?
Pages: 1 ... 905 906 [907] 908 909 ... 1002