Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 907 908 [909] 910 911 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 1990092 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #13620 on: August 19, 2018, 07:04:59 am »

... being a nitpick, itīs less absurd than it might seem. I mean, prostate cancer is really common, and hormone driven. Old school way of addressing this was castration. Nowadays people get testosterone inhibitors
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13621 on: August 19, 2018, 08:49:44 am »

Plus you can appoint a lunatic as your court doctor and he’ll try to cure your food poisoning by chopping off a limb/face/balls
It's worth mentioning that castration is apparently a foolproof solution to heal any disease known to man.
Try my new impotence cure!

But then again, the only DLC I really don't like is... Whatever the Lifestyle Focus one was called. And also the Child Education Overhaul part of whatever DLC that was part of.
I don't hate lifestyle focii, but I do share your dislike for the education overhaul. It's less immersive, equally tedious, and adds nothing.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #13622 on: August 19, 2018, 09:12:54 am »

On second thought, it seems this campaign does not feature a Zoroastrian revival, but a Zun dawning of power, of all thing. During me playing today, the Zunbils gobbled up several of the tinier zoroastrian duchies and counties and a few Muslim remainders and now control all of Sistan and a little bit of Persia Kingdom (Kermit, or something?), while the Zoroastrians was practically forced out of their Kingdom of Daylam by independent, non-Abbassid Muslims.

I don't hate lifestyle focii

The reason I don't like them is that they took events and decisions that was previously available to everyone and made you have to have the focus to get them, in case you're wondering.
Love, scriver~

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13623 on: August 19, 2018, 09:24:16 am »

The reason I don't like them is that they took events and decisions that was previously available to everyone and made you have to have the focus to get them, in case you're wondering.
I don't see an inherent problem with that, though. The amount of events available to a character has increased since launch a lot. Making some interesting and elaborate events conditional, and therefore rarer in practice, means that they're more special when they happen. It prevents the shine from wearing off and increases replayability.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13624 on: August 19, 2018, 09:39:00 am »

I don't think "let's hold a great hunt" should be limited to people with a lunatic interest in hunting.
Love, scriver~

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13625 on: August 22, 2018, 04:01:02 pm »

Something glitched in my current game and now there is a Khan of the Clan Lowborn, Khagan of the Lowborn Khaganate
Love, scriver~

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #13626 on: August 22, 2018, 04:40:50 pm »

The People's Revolution
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #13627 on: August 22, 2018, 04:59:06 pm »

Something glitched in my current game and now there is a Khan of the Clan Lowborn, Khagan of the Lowborn Khaganate
The Commonwealth of Khankind

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13628 on: August 24, 2018, 06:54:04 am »

Warrior lodges!

There is naturally also the chance of one thing leading to another, and you might find yourself making friends (or lovers)...

[obligatory Oglaf comic post]
Love, scriver~

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #13629 on: August 24, 2018, 07:39:23 am »

West Africa starting to look proper spicy now

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #13630 on: August 24, 2018, 08:32:31 am »

Lets hope they can get their stuff together.  AI, aggression, levy count, monies, and such.  They may just be passive blobs like mali is now or fodder for either the italian scourge or the supply iv assiblob.

As stagnant new continent is hardly one at all...
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #13631 on: August 24, 2018, 09:50:49 am »

If only they had some mechanics simulating the attempts to control the trans-Saharan gold/slave/salt trade & the spread of Islam along merchant caravans. Have a potential one time event where a random Malian Emperor floods the game with gold and ruins the economy

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #13632 on: August 24, 2018, 12:13:41 pm »

They do have the new Sub-saharan trade route! And the special buildings you can build on it in specific locations, gold in particular. The route has very low value by itself, but can be massively boosted by the unique buildings.

Unless that was sarcasm and I missed it.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #13633 on: August 24, 2018, 01:44:46 pm »

Oh, no not at all, I had no idea they added a new trade route. I've been out of the loop for the last few months

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13634 on: August 24, 2018, 02:01:42 pm »

I don't think they have an event for Mansa Munsa though. It'd just call attention to the fact that CK2 doesn't simulate market forces or inflation in any way shape or form.
Pages: 1 ... 907 908 [909] 910 911 ... 1002