Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 908 909 [910] 911 912 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2010554 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #13635 on: August 24, 2018, 02:02:11 pm »

Since I still had the tab open, here's the developer diary for Africa: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-dev-diary-95-amending-africa.1114195/
Love, scriver~

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #13636 on: August 24, 2018, 02:52:23 pm »

I don't think they have an event for Mansa Munsa though. It'd just call attention to the fact that CK2 doesn't simulate market forces or inflation in any way shape or form.
Raise construction, retinue, levy & mercenary costs to absurd costs/upkeep for a while

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13637 on: August 24, 2018, 02:58:11 pm »

I don't think they have an event for Mansa Munsa though. It'd just call attention to the fact that CK2 doesn't simulate market forces or inflation in any way shape or form.
Raise construction, retinue, levy & mercenary costs to absurd costs/upkeep for a while
Nah, they may be fixing Africa a bit, but they're not about to go acknowledging Africa as relevant to Europe.

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13638 on: August 24, 2018, 04:45:25 pm »

It would probably cripple the AI way more than the player as well.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13639 on: August 24, 2018, 04:51:34 pm »

West Africa starting to look proper spicy now
I think it's properly just "Africa" now, since they changed the name of the religion and connected East and West.

Literally my first Holy Fury game is gonna be an attempt to convert Rome to a reformed African church as part of an inland Carthaginian revival.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13640 on: August 26, 2018, 03:07:00 am »

You know, I kinda wish we had a minor expansion down in that area on the western side, maybe a bit south.  Knowing how little is left in those two directions in the southwest corner, it looks a bit off cut off there.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #13641 on: August 26, 2018, 03:51:45 am »

Imo if it didn't cause my computer to commit sudoku I'd want them to expand down to zanzibar

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #13642 on: August 26, 2018, 04:45:34 am »

If you'd just add South and Central America we wouldn't feel like they suddenly gained 120k troops and then left them to starve and fend for themselves
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13643 on: August 26, 2018, 05:53:04 am »

Imo if it didn't cause my computer to commit sudoku I'd want them to expand down to zanzibar

Yeah, as far as I know the most sensical place to add would be the east coast kingdoms(/city states? I don't know much about their particulars), as they were very connected to the indian ocean trade/economy. On the other hand this logic could also be applied to add SE Asian geographies such as the peninsula and the island kingdoms... Which would honestly be cooler than India, but I still don't want them to be added (sorry LoudWhispers :P)

I don't really want to see any more additions, though, for the same reason I didn't want India and I really didn't want China. I'm cooler with the new north African regions as they endepthen an already added area which was underdeveloped, the east-west connection in particular.
Love, scriver~

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13644 on: August 26, 2018, 07:49:20 am »

I feel like the east-west connection could be a major buff to Abyssinia, since they’re no longer hemmed in on all sides by the Muslim blobs
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #13645 on: August 26, 2018, 09:13:34 am »

You know, I kinda wish we had a minor expansion down in that area on the western side, maybe a bit south.  Knowing how little is left in those two directions in the southwest corner, it looks a bit off cut off there.
If they expanded west to include the coastline there, they'd have to make it so ships can't go towards Europe, as no one in the time period actually managed to sail through there yet. The Niger river should totally be navigable, though, since it was a big part of warfare in the region.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #13646 on: August 26, 2018, 09:16:38 am »

If they expanded west to include the coastline there, they'd have to make it so ships can't go towards Europe, as no one in the time period actually managed to sail through there yet. The Niger river should totally be navigable, though, since it was a big part of warfare in the region.
It´s an alt history game. I don´t see they should prevent that, anymore than they forbid you from creating an unitary pagan church, or reform the Roman Empire.  If there is a technological or climatological reason making it difficult they should simulate that instead.

Edit:
If Hanno the navigator managed it 1500 years before the game period I don´t see why middle ages ships wouldn´t be able to replicate the feat
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 26, 2018, 09:20:15 am by ChairmanPoo »
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #13647 on: August 26, 2018, 09:24:12 am »

Fair enough, still wish for a navigable Niger.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13648 on: August 26, 2018, 09:48:29 am »

You know what I like? When you're viewing dynasty map mode and select the second layer of your realm, and the map barely changes.
Love, scriver~

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #13649 on: August 26, 2018, 09:56:52 am »

Assuming Hanno made it that far. The three big guesses on his furthest destination are Sierra Leone, Cameroon, and Gambia, of which only the second is on the Gulf of Guinea.  Perhaps the big suggestion on why middle ages ships wouldn't replicate the feat is that they didn't: land rather than sea routes dominated the vast trade of the region until the successive waves of exploration in the 1400s and later, in spite of the riverine trade.  It certainly wasn't a regular transit point even in the time of Hanno, as it would be if it were linked up in game. 

Then again, the Messalians show that Paradox is perfectly fine with putting fun over accuracy.  If it's fun to allow Nigerian ships to sail to the Levant, they'll do it in a heartbeat.  I...I think I'm not necessarily opposed to that, either.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2018, 09:59:00 am by Culise »
Pages: 1 ... 908 909 [910] 911 912 ... 1002