Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 909 910 [911] 912 913 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 1990397 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #13650 on: August 26, 2018, 01:58:50 pm »

Yeah, as far as I know the most sensical place to add would be the east coast kingdoms(/city states? I don't know much about their particulars), as they were very connected to the indian ocean trade/economy. On the other hand this logic could also be applied to add SE Asian geographies such as the peninsula and the island kingdoms... Which would honestly be cooler than India, but I still don't want them to be added (sorry LoudWhispers :P)

I don't really want to see any more additions, though, for the same reason I didn't want India and I really didn't want China. I'm cooler with the new north African regions as they endepthen an already added area which was underdeveloped, the east-west connection in particular.
Eventually you reach a point where it's the VIC II map with CK II mechanics

And that is good, once quantum supercomputers are the baseline standard gaming rig

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13651 on: August 26, 2018, 02:45:06 pm »

I'd feel complete with Indochina/Malay archipelago, East Africa down to the gold mines, and West down to the Congo.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #13652 on: August 29, 2018, 03:45:28 pm »

I just noticed this thing that happened in Europe while I was busy Sinoficating the middle east:

Pepin the Monster (son of Karloman) inherits France. Being "the Monster", his vassals conspire to oust him in favour of Theoderic, who gets nicknamed "the Ursurper" (but probably in a good way ;) ) as usually happens. A period of peace follows, and Childeric "the Good" inherits the throne. SUPRISE! Pepin "the Monster" was not through with you guys yet. By force of arms he takes back the throne, ending the years of peace and prosperity. He passes the throne on to his children, first Godefroy, then Jourdain "the Son of the Devil". Such a suitable nickname for Pepin "the Monster's" offspring.

But that is not enough! The forces of the Good and Just Merovingian dynasty still has supporters in the land. Again the vassals plot, overthrowing the Son of the Devil and installing Arnoul "the Inquisitor". He no doubt dedicated his life to making sure the fiendish line of the Karlings could never rise to power again.
Love, scriver~

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #13653 on: August 29, 2018, 04:19:41 pm »

Ebin Pepin is absolutely unstoppable

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13654 on: August 29, 2018, 07:43:49 pm »

Well, his succsesors weren't too good eighter
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #13655 on: August 29, 2018, 08:35:30 pm »

Please, my preferred playstyle is that of loose control on paper and tyranny behind the scenes.  Its applicable to all types of government, from tribe to republic.  If 'holy' and 'the sword of [GOD]', and 'the noble', and 'the great' werent so common Id land be a monster or a etc all the time.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #13656 on: August 31, 2018, 05:07:34 am »

I tried  a couple of vampire mods. Princes of Darkness seems pretty fleshed out but I dont like the mechanics and it´s WoD all the way, which is not my cup of tea.  Vampire Revelation seems to be closer to what I´m looking for, but I had some odd glitches nvm glitches are related to CK2 resolution sheanigans. VR runs fine. It works pretty much like vanilla with vampires in it. Main difference is that Emperor Justinian and his main henchmen are alive and vamping around.

I think there should be random adventurers/courtiers as vampires (possibly hidden vampires?) and have vampire nations emerge dynamically from that, instead, but I have to admit that playing undead Belisarius is pretty cool

EDIT:  dev post concerning the random map generator

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-dev-diary-98-catholicism-what-constantinople-where-charlemagne-who.1117036/&utm_source=launch-steam&utm_medium=launcher&utm_content=post&utm_campaign=hofu_ck_20180831_pla_dd

Apparently it WILL use the existing map, but otherwise fully randomize cultures, religions, and kingdoms. As in, you will get random religions

Religion is a very central aspect of the game, and thus it wouldn’t be overly exciting to generate a random world where the existing default religions are randomly placed (even though you can choose to do that, and having a Bön pagan Scandinavia or a Catholic India is undeniably fun - no question about that). Depending on the settings you choose, religions will be more or less altered - you can randomize the spread, features, naming and icon of religions. There’s even a way for you to preview religions before starting the game, and if you wish you can even customize their features right there and then!

I wonder how they will deal with societies.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2018, 10:13:39 am by ChairmanPoo »
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #13657 on: August 31, 2018, 12:31:15 pm »

Well, that looks like fun!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #13658 on: August 31, 2018, 02:14:33 pm »

Just imagining the ultimate religion

-incest
-crusades declared by religious head
-anyone can be religious head
-holy wars for everyone, including against the same faith
-can raid everyone for loot
-multiple wives
-multiple concubines
-may marry other faiths
Miroslav faith

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13659 on: August 31, 2018, 04:26:03 pm »

Woah, that’s a lot more stuff than I expected. Even more excited for this now. Kinda wish they’d just straight-up created a scenario creator of some kind, go all in!
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #13660 on: August 31, 2018, 09:00:45 pm »

Soo... in my current game somehow my realm went into an all female line of succession

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I think all males over 30 in the family got wiped out by measles.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13661 on: August 31, 2018, 09:07:17 pm »

Senioritas seized the seniority sorority
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13662 on: September 01, 2018, 02:30:03 am »

Soo... in my current game somehow my realm went into an all female line of succession

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I think all males over 30 in the family got wiped out by measles.
The guy's face at the bottom is quite matching.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13663 on: September 01, 2018, 03:09:31 am »

Senioritas seized the seniority sorority

That made me groan out loud around half my coworkers.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #13664 on: September 01, 2018, 07:04:58 am »

What pisses me off is that I had started this game with the vampire byzantines mod expecting an epic struggle with those, but

- I´ve been stuck in a fairly vanilla reconquista

- There have been a couple of anti-Byzantium crusades, but all have failed spectacularly

- Oddly enough, the Egyptian  jihad for Anatolia was an astounding success and has pretty much wiped out the vampire Byzantines from Asia.
Pages: 1 ... 909 910 [911] 912 913 ... 1002