Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 910 911 [912] 913 914 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 1990445 times)

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #13665 on: September 01, 2018, 12:22:26 pm »

What pisses me off is that I had started this game with the vampire byzantines mod expecting an epic struggle with those, but
Oh? Is this based on "The Dragon Awakens?"

That was a cool book. Richard the Third but with Richard as the good guy was a great plotline.
Senioritas seized the seniority sorority
Supposedly they've added female merchant republics. If so I am extremely pleased. It would be great for modding.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #13666 on: September 01, 2018, 08:56:51 pm »

What´s "the dragon awakens"?

I think the author of the mod was vaguely inspired by WoD vampires... but only vaguely. The other vampire mod goes full WoD and there is no normal gameplay. In this one you have mostly feature-complete vampires (though they only work on the basis of their own religion... and don´t work well as playable republics). As a result they cannot join any society (partially compensated by having their own vampire powers). Also, non-vampires hate them. As a result they´re fun to play, but less tough than you would expect, and you have to be careful with wars because even people who dislike each other might dogpile on you. The vampire Byzantines tend to expand slow and steady, untill they get slapped down by a particularily successful crusade or jihad and suddenly lose a big chunk of their territory. Another consequence is that crusades and jiihads tend to be aimed at vampires rather than at each other. All in all the early game is very chaotic.  It´s kind of interesting to watch it happen TBH
« Last Edit: September 01, 2018, 09:00:33 pm by ChairmanPoo »
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13667 on: September 01, 2018, 10:49:10 pm »

Supposedly they've added female merchant republics. If so I am extremely pleased. It would be great for modding.
Got a link, or was that hearsay?

Spoiler: Old Lady MR (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 01, 2018, 11:01:06 pm by Descan »
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13668 on: September 02, 2018, 12:00:55 am »

Oh my god. That dev diary details all the features I've ever wanted in CK2. So much worldgen customization. I'm especially stoked about the great conquerers.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #13669 on: September 02, 2018, 12:34:17 am »

What´s "the dragon awakens"?
It's an... alt-history-ish thing. The alt-history is that Julian the Apostate was successful in his attempt to suppress Christianity (because he was a vampire and thus long-live enough to implement his reforms) and his Edict of Toleration revived paganism across the empire. Also magic was real and vampires, but only vampires seemed to play a big role (since they tended towards being nobles for obvious reasons). Regardless, the Roman Empire fell, but the Byzantine empire was resurgent, and by the time of the plot had conquered much of Italy and half of "Gaul" (splitting it with the Brits, who it was targeting next).
Got a link, or was that hearsay?

Spoiler: Old Lady MR (click to show/hide)
That's the image I was thinking of.
Oh my god. That dev diary details all the features I've ever wanted in CK2. So much worldgen customization. I'm especially stoked about the great conquerers.
It really is like, minecraft levels of worldgen customizing. By which I mean "Far more than I can even understand how to use." :P

I'm fascinated by the idea of taking all the cultures and religions, and just flinging them to different parts of the map.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2018, 12:37:13 am by misko27 »
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13670 on: September 02, 2018, 03:09:36 am »

I don’t think they’ve confirmed female merchant republics yet. You can create a female Doge in Ruler Designer but are still stuck with agnatic afterwards, so we might be looking at something similar (random generator’s put women in charge of republics but the laws are unchanged). They do have those pagan reformation doctrines for a fully matriarchal society, though, so it could very well be possible.

I’m getting more and more excited for Alternate Starts the more I think about them. And we don’t even have a release date. How am I supposed to endure the wait?
« Last Edit: September 02, 2018, 03:11:21 am by Digital Hellhound »
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13671 on: September 02, 2018, 05:27:53 am »

Just do what I do and die until release.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #13672 on: September 02, 2018, 07:06:26 am »

I´m fairly happy with the status of things now &things are bound to get better with this DLC. I mean, I think even a vanilla CK2 or nearly so can scratch nearly any sort of itch you have. I mean, I added the vampire mod to spice things up but even in vanilla you can play hashasins vs cult of lucifer or whatnot.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #13673 on: September 02, 2018, 09:04:15 am »

I´m fairly happy with the status of things now &things are bound to get better with this DLC. I mean, I think even a vanilla CK2 or nearly so can scratch nearly any sort of itch you have. I mean, I added the vampire mod to spice things up but even in vanilla you can play hashasins vs cult of lucifer or whatnot.
You forget the part when the Hashashins and Satan's Own have to put aside their differences because the Mongols have come and their Khagan is getting (really good, actually) military advice from Jesus.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #13674 on: September 02, 2018, 09:22:07 am »

I wonder if the randomization "intelligence" will be tied to the real world map by hardcode or if it will be useable with modded maps too
Love, scriver~

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13675 on: September 02, 2018, 02:04:20 pm »

Yeah, this DLC is very much just polish on something that's good to begin with.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13676 on: September 02, 2018, 04:03:17 pm »

I wonder if the randomization "intelligence" will be tied to the real world map by hardcode or if it will be useable with modded maps too
They said in that thread (Show Dev Only Responses is great) that they're explicitly going to include as much documentation as possible for modders, and assuming the mod doesn't do something whacked out insane, it should be drop-and-use for most mods, even ones with completely different maps. Game of Thrones was specifically asked in the question that that was a response to.

E: Elder Kings, not Game of Thrones.

"It should theoretically work with any map or mod, provided it has everything set up properly (the duchy structure, cultures, religions, etc)."

"Generally all you'll need is to have a functioning mod already to use it, any other tweaks will be to what part of the random generation rules you use or tweak as some are vanilla specific. We've included lots of text info files in the folders detailing how to use the new features modding wise so modders can get it up and running, and of course the user mod section of the forum can have questions posted in it as usual :)"
« Last Edit: September 02, 2018, 04:05:25 pm by Descan »
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #13677 on: September 02, 2018, 04:08:56 pm »

That sounds pretty good. Thanks, Desc!

@Chairman - What was the vampire mod you ended up using called?
Love, scriver~

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #13678 on: September 02, 2018, 05:08:45 pm »

Vampire Revelation.

There is another more WoD vampire mod called "Princes of Darkness" (which I didnt like), an outdated vampire mod which follows skyrim style vampires, whatever that means, and a cpuple of fantasy mods that include vampires and other stuff. Of the latter, I only tried fantasia-new dawn but it wasnt my cup of tea.

In all honesty, I'd like a vampire mod in which it was a secret trait, and which would result in high unrest//being pursued by the inquisition if discovered (kind of like with demon worshippers)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #13679 on: September 02, 2018, 05:25:07 pm »

Well, the mod I was working on for this game sort of died out due to real life reasons, a lot of "idea people" coming forth saying they can contribute and another team for the same idea popping up, refusing to work together, hogging attention and even setting up a patreon whose existence finally caused Paradox to change their stance to "actually, getting paid for modding is probably ok".

And yet I still want to mod the game... so damn it, time to start another mod.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?
Pages: 1 ... 910 911 [912] 913 914 ... 1002