Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 912 913 [914] 915 916 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2011401 times)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #13695 on: September 08, 2018, 10:53:26 am »

In terms of options it opens up, Sons of Abraham. It adds a lot to the game, such as heresies taking over from the parent religion, reworked Catholicism and Fraticelli papacy, and jews.

Horse Lords doesn't add nearly as much.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #13696 on: September 08, 2018, 12:25:22 pm »

Horse Lords makes world domination easier.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #13697 on: September 08, 2018, 12:52:19 pm »

I'm still experimenting wuth vampire revelation. Seems to me the best way tp play a nonvanilla(modwise) vampire and/or a vampire in a settting with nonvanilla vampires is to add mystic and ambitious to your character, turn some other character imto a vampire, and then eat his essence (requires ambitious + mystic or ghoul)
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #13698 on: September 08, 2018, 03:18:03 pm »

Yeah but Sons of Abraham occasionally turns the Karling Empire Jewish

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13699 on: September 08, 2018, 05:18:48 pm »

Yeah but Sons of Abraham occasionally turns the Karling Empire Jewish

whats the problem there
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #13700 on: September 08, 2018, 05:20:14 pm »

whats the problem there
Hebrewlingian dynasty > Mongol mechanics

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #13701 on: September 08, 2018, 06:14:08 pm »

I'm trying to mod the vampire mod from steam with a new event, with little success: The idea is to make it so that vampire "dynasties" emerge organically, and you get vampires in vanilla starts (which I also modded in separatedly). I weighted it so that the event is infrequent (once in every 100 years as it is), but certain traits make it more likely (the idea is that this way these procedural vampires will tend to be more "colorful")

it doesnt seem to be working: Ck2 seems to recognize it as a "valid" event.  but running the event is not adding any vampire traits to any character :(

If get it to work I'll move into step 2, which is to include an intrigue event for characters with certain traits (I was going for mystic to follow the vampire-eating rules of the mod) in which playerchar meets a shady alchemist and together they look for a vampire to drain to become vampires themselves (kind of a dark mirror of the immortal event )

My experimental eventś code is here: http://txt.do/dvapz  No idea why it fails to work though :(
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #13702 on: September 08, 2018, 06:52:09 pm »

I'm trying to mod the vampire mod from steam with a new event, with little success: The idea is to make it so that vampire "dynasties" emerge organically, and you get vampires in vanilla starts (which I also modded in separatedly). I weighted it so that the event is infrequent (once in every 100 years as it is), but certain traits make it more likely (the idea is that this way these procedural vampires will tend to be more "colorful")

it doesnt seem to be working: Ck2 seems to recognize it as a "valid" event.  but running the event is not adding any vampire traits to any character :(

If get it to work I'll move into step 2, which is to include an intrigue event for characters with certain traits (I was going for mystic to follow the vampire-eating rules of the mod) in which playerchar meets a shady alchemist and together they look for a vampire to drain to become vampires themselves (kind of a dark mirror of the immortal event )

My experimental eventś code is here: http://txt.do/dvapz  No idea why it fails to work though :(
Code: [Select]
immediate
{

should be

immediate = {
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #13703 on: September 08, 2018, 07:29:49 pm »

good catch. Still fails to work though :(

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13704 on: September 08, 2018, 08:50:57 pm »

You're missing another bracket here:

trigger = {
NOT = {
trait = immortal

}
OR = {
NOT = {
trait = immortal_blood
}
} # <---
}

Also, that's too much whitespace for even breitbart to print

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #13705 on: September 09, 2018, 08:36:12 pm »

I sorted those out and it still didnt work.
After much tinkering I have narrowed it down to the MTTH (because as of now

character_event = {
id = VR.405
picture = GFX_evt_comet
hide_window = yes
is_ruler = true

trigger = {
NOR = {
trait = immortal_blood
trait = immortal
}

}

mean_time_to_happen = {
years = 1

}
immediate = {
add_trait = immortal_blood
add_trait = vampire_scion
random = {
chance = 33
add_trait = dominate_1
}
random = {
chance = 33
add_trait = necromancy_1
}
random = {
chance = 33
add_trait = shapechanging_1
}
random = {
chance = 33
add_trait = presence_1
}
random = {
chance = 33
add_trait = temptation_1
}
random = {
chance = 33
add_trait = bloodmagic_1
}
}
}

its working https://textuploader.com/dv5lu

I´m going to try adding the modifiers one by one and see

Edit: finally got it working. Now we'll see how the proc vamps work out

Edit #2: I´m removing some of the ++ modifiers because even with 100-year events the  modifiers were triggered too often in some areas eg: in northern Europe and Asia it was more likely that after a year a random ruler would be a vampire than that he would NOT. I´ve removed religion triggers for now and we´ll see how that goes.
Edit #3: that made vampires too infrequent.  I've decided to use The Cold Ones as a vampire driver. Membership makes it very likely that a character will be vamped. I've picked them because it seems vaguely gameofthronesque and because they are an indestructible society but small enough to hopefully provide the game with a slow but steady trickle of vampires.
Besides if you were a vampire you can do far worse than sticking with occultist cults in regions with polar nights

Edit #4:
During my experiments I´ve noticed that even unlikely event triggers that apply to everyone tend to have a big impact on performance, and also result in too many vampires.
 The Cold Ones only event, however, worked mostly as intended though. 100 years into the game there are a few stable vampire covens around northern Europe, but nothing too obvious. An interesting side effect is that vanilla CO seldom go above 15% influence (just like the other pagan demon cults), whereas in this game COs reached an influence of 40%. I attribute it to the influx of vampire characters resulting in more successful missions.
I´m considering widening/duplicating the event so that it applies to Fellowship of Hel and Plaguebearers as well, which are other notoriously unsuccesful demon cults. I want to avoid Lucifer´s own though because that one tends to be ludicrously successful as it is, which would go against the point of trying to keep the vampire trigger small.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2018, 07:51:53 pm by ChairmanPoo »

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13706 on: September 11, 2018, 10:57:44 am »

Poo, I'd recommend adding more scope limiters early in the event. For example, maybe it would be good to limit it to adults who aren't incapable? Maybe with certain traits?

Basically you don't want it rolling the event for every ruler everywhere if you can help it.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #13707 on: September 11, 2018, 11:16:44 am »

Yeah, that´s why it has worked better limiting it to the cold ones, I think.

But maybe a second event that made people with certain traits get vampirism as well would be nice too.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #13708 on: September 12, 2018, 09:06:53 pm »

I have to say that making Cold Ones and Plaguebringers vampire-spawning societies is working very well. They provide a trickle of vampires into the game without overwhelming you in them.  I think that since they are demon cults they tend to be pruned by the inquisition. Also: pagan demon cults tend to be weaker than LO. This gives them an extra oomph (a bit too much in 779 cold ones... that extra oomph  combimed with more plentiful cold ones worshippers makes them crazy successful).  Plus I like the idea of them coming from the cold wastes.
...ideally maybe cold one religious membership should be split

Btw this is my first "real" playthrough with the modded. I'm playing Venice, and the biggest problems are NOT the vampires, who so far remain landless for the most part (really, without an established network of vampire nations vamp rulers get wiped almost too fast... too disliked, I guess.), but the visigoths, which got invaded by the aztecs, annexed into the Aztec empire but after 50 years they had a coup by a visigoth noble, promptly procclaimed themselves the Hispanic Empire, and started sacrificing Karlings to the aztec gods.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #13709 on: September 13, 2018, 04:52:02 am »

Inquisition vs Vampire cults is metal as hell
Pages: 1 ... 912 913 [914] 915 916 ... 1002