Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 926 927 [928] 929 930 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2008527 times)

Lukewarm

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps, if you ask nicely.
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #13905 on: October 24, 2018, 09:11:58 pm »

Can children celebrate ramadan?
Also, I've always found that my usual method of keeping the family tree closely trimmed prevented a lot of issues with decadence and gave you that godly +30% morale/demense income bonus.
Every time I play muslims(which is most of the time, insha'allah), I end up disappointed with how little functionality there is to them. Yeah they get a 1 county conquest and decadence, but the 1 county conquest rapidly becomes pointless unless you're getting a foothold into a duchy to expand on.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #13906 on: October 24, 2018, 10:13:36 pm »

They cannot, but the decadence revolt was easy enough to deal with.

Then I had another, bigger one, which triggered during a crusade against me. But that was okay too, because the Catholics were sending things piecemeal, and nobody particularly nasty joined. It did reduce my capital province from booming to... the first step in good province boons. Frankly that was the worst of it.

The French stole three counties during a revolt though, which triggered during another revolt I was about to win, and I got knocked back a bit by the skill of the commanders of the second one. Another one that I got to -90 warscore before pulling it back.

I got to be the grand master of the assassins at ~35, and Shi’ism is regaining some moral authority despite an empty Caliphate. My dukes are keeping me on my toes enough that I’m not particularly interested in expanding ‘til I upgrade my two shiny new castles.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13907 on: October 24, 2018, 11:42:35 pm »

From a certain perspective, everything is rightful Portuguese territory since the Pope did grant them ownership over all the lands west of the Atlantic, which also includes the ones to the east thanks to the world being round.

Checkmate, British.
That only applies to lands not inhabited by Christians.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #13908 on: October 25, 2018, 08:15:35 am »

From a certain perspective, everything is rightful Portuguese territory since the Pope did grant them ownership over all the lands west of the Atlantic, which also includes the ones to the east thanks to the world being round.

Checkmate, British.
Christian status is relative.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13909 on: October 25, 2018, 09:37:25 am »

Checkmate, British.
The pope at the time got hopping mad about the fourth crusade, so I'm gonna say it's not that relative in the context of papal mandates to conquer.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13910 on: October 25, 2018, 10:22:03 am »

Checkmate, British.
The pope at the time got hopping mad about the fourth crusade, so I'm gonna say it's not that relative in the context of papal mandates to conquer.
Crux, I am just doing random shitposts.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13911 on: October 25, 2018, 12:45:27 pm »

Checkmate, British.
In my day, trolling meant something.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13912 on: October 25, 2018, 12:59:27 pm »

Checkmate, British.
In my day, trolling meant something.
In my day, trolling meant to drudge the seafloor with a giant net to catch fish.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #13913 on: October 25, 2018, 01:21:56 pm »

No, that's trawling. Trolling is the opposite, it's when you drag the bait in front of the fish to make them think is alive and prey.
Love, scriver~

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #13914 on: October 25, 2018, 02:45:41 pm »

No, trolling is single-handedly holding back the Anglo-Saxons at Stamford bridge until they pay the Danish toll

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13915 on: October 25, 2018, 02:57:59 pm »

No, trolling is single-handedly holding back the Anglo-Saxons at Stamford bridge until they pay the Danish toll
I am the Danelaw!

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #13916 on: October 25, 2018, 02:58:30 pm »

The Dannysh troll?
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13917 on: October 25, 2018, 11:31:32 pm »

At first I thought this was just a historical reference to the trolling definition of performing an action for the sole purpose of pissing someone off, then when I went to make a joke myself I realized this also references the classic Bridge Troll Bridge Toll. I couldn't think of another direction to take defining trolling in, so instead I devoted my efforts to posting this and adding nothing to the conversation.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13919 on: October 26, 2018, 08:21:34 am »

are succession laws moddable yet

oh huh. they kind of are. elective is moddable, so just make everything elective now, i guess.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2018, 08:30:11 am by ZeroGravitas »
Pages: 1 ... 926 927 [928] 929 930 ... 1002