Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 932 933 [934] 935 936 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2009984 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #13995 on: November 11, 2018, 10:46:20 am »

What is the full list of animals? I am saddened by the apparent lack of swans and geese

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #13996 on: November 11, 2018, 10:48:02 am »

Duckes not good enough for you?

I've seen Dog, Cat, Dragon, Hedgehog, Ducke, Horse, Bear and Elephant. Might be forgetting someone.
Love, scriver~

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #13997 on: November 11, 2018, 10:49:09 am »

What is the full list of animals? I am saddened by the apparent lack of swans and geese
Horse, Bear, Cat, Dog, Duck, Dragon, Hedgehog, Elephant. If there are any others, they didn't appear in the video.

EDIT: Ninja'd
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #13998 on: November 11, 2018, 11:02:50 am »

Why it doesn't change all of the human kingdoms into animals, I don't know, maybe they couldn't think of anything appropriate for the muslim kingdoms (though camels should be ok)? Or maybe they need the human kingdoms for some of the features to exist, and it's an easter egg after all.
Four legs good, two legs baaaad.
The Duckedom Union disagrees!
four legs good, two legs better!
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #13999 on: November 11, 2018, 11:46:14 am »

Duckes not good enough for you?

I've seen Dog, Cat, Dragon, Hedgehog, Ducke, Horse, Bear and Elephant. Might be forgetting someone.
I would unironically buy a full PI Animal Kingdoms game

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #14000 on: November 11, 2018, 11:49:46 am »

Animal CrossSwordings
Love, scriver~

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14001 on: November 11, 2018, 07:13:43 pm »

Trying to get my buddy into the game. I'm watching his steam broadcast and giving feedback through discord, I'm his tutorial voice.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #14002 on: November 11, 2018, 07:14:51 pm »

You should give us the link so we can all guide him, like voices in his head.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14003 on: November 11, 2018, 08:31:24 pm »

"yessss, broseph's friend, yessssss. your spymaster plots against you with your wife. there is only one way to settle this. kill your spymaster and exile your wife. yessssss"
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #14004 on: November 11, 2018, 09:24:52 pm »

Nah, we shouldn't do that.  We should wait for them to get a character with the 'insane' trait.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14005 on: November 11, 2018, 09:31:32 pm »

"yessss, broseph's friend, yessssss. your spymaster plots against you with your wife. there is only one way to settle this. kill your spymaster and exile your wife. yessssss"
"Now marry your niece to keep the bloodline pure. Now cheat on her. Refuse to acknowledge the bastard, this is important. Now your legitimate child will have a half-sibling to marry with the court being none the wiser!

Speaking of which, kill all your other heirs."
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14006 on: November 12, 2018, 12:09:35 am »

Yes, I don't think random geography is possible with the engine they are using.
With the engine? Yes. With the version of it CK2 uses? No.

It also means that stuff like highland lakes that exist in EU4 are not possible in CK2.
I think the only problem is the way that the map data is loaded when the game starts, so you just generate a map and play it, but it should be possible to generate a map that isn't active/loaded, and then tell the game to restart itself and load the new map (as it would with an overhaul mod) when restarting. The problems with that are that it's awkward user experience, and that making a good map is hard, and making a good map generator is even harder. Considering people weren't even nearly satisfied with what they put together for random new worlds in EU4, I don't blame them for not budgeting time to that.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #14007 on: November 12, 2018, 01:07:32 am »

"Now marry your niece to keep the bloodline pure. Now cheat on her. Refuse to acknowledge the bastard, this is important. Now your legitimate child will have a half-sibling to marry with the court being none the wiser!

Speaking of which, kill all your other heirs."
Actually, this brings up a good point, where are they playing?

And also, playing? Today? When the 3.0 update is coming (it was literally called "3.0 HOLY FURY" in the patchnotes)? In like two days the entire thing is going to change. And playing on old versions is more difficult (actually, another good question: anyone know how to do that? I have a friend who claims to be computer illiterate but has saves that she wants to keep playing. Key issue: we live several thousand miles apart, so I can only describe to them what they should do over email.)
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14008 on: November 12, 2018, 01:53:13 am »

Getting familiarized with some basic stuff would still be helpful as the basics aren’t going to change all that much.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #14009 on: November 12, 2018, 02:24:14 am »

And also, playing? Today? When the 3.0 update is coming (it was literally called "3.0 HOLY FURY" in the patchnotes)? In like two days the entire thing is going to change. And playing on old versions is more difficult (actually, another good question: anyone know how to do that? I have a friend who claims to be computer illiterate but has saves that she wants to keep playing. Key issue: we live several thousand miles apart, so I can only describe to them what they should do over email.)

Due to GDPR laws, you now need to log into your Paradox account, link your Steam library to it, then you'll have to open up a tab called "Access early versions", located on your Paradox account's "Games" page, then put in the code. You'll have to copy the code, right-click the game you need and press "Settings", then you go to the "Beta versions" option and put in the code from your linked Paradox account.

But from what I've heard, the code is the same for everyone, at least for EU4, so you can try this code for CK2: CK20987li9e234
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.
Pages: 1 ... 932 933 [934] 935 936 ... 1002