Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 939 940 [941] 942 943 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2005068 times)

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #14100 on: November 16, 2018, 10:37:33 am »

Anyone playing a game in the revamped Africa? Eldership is a bit of a pain in the ass, when the game decides that some crazy fossil I imprisoned during the many subjugation wars I waged should have a say in succession. Then all the other "venerable elders" get pissed off when I naturally execute the annoying prisoner of war 
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #14101 on: November 16, 2018, 10:54:44 am »

Also Queen Adelinde's genius son grew up to be a young John Oliver:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Love, scriver~

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14102 on: November 16, 2018, 11:12:44 am »

Anyone playing a game in the revamped Africa? Eldership is a bit of a pain in the ass, when the game decides that some crazy fossil I imprisoned during the many subjugation wars I waged should have a say in succession. Then all the other "venerable elders" get pissed off when I naturally execute the annoying prisoner of war

I have played mostly there since release...its essentially tannistry with randomness due to the pissiness of the elders. It seems way too black and white...either they love you or they abhor you...no real middle ground.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #14103 on: November 16, 2018, 11:16:39 am »

I have played mostly there since release...its essentially tannistry with randomness due to the pissiness of the elders. It seems way too black and white...either they love you or they abhor you...no real middle ground.

So exactly like cranky old people?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #14104 on: November 16, 2018, 12:52:22 pm »

Question: can you play as one of the elders? Eg if you are a vassal can you be a complete pain in the ass?
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14105 on: November 16, 2018, 01:45:45 pm »

I'm... a bit frustrated that the 'ally accuses you of supporting pirates in their realm' and so forth events are still firing as often as before. They end up with the alliance breaking 90% of the time, whatever you do, so it's essentially just a matter of time for every alliance to end. That's at least how it is for me - I've seen no-one else complaining about this, so I'm beginning to wonder if my game is just broken somehow. If there's a mod that removes the event, I'm gonna go get it.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ˇNo parmesan!

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14106 on: November 16, 2018, 01:52:50 pm »

Question: can you play as one of the elders? Eg if you are a vassal can you be a complete pain in the ass?
I don't see why not, but I'd imagine it'd function exactly the same as the "nominate an heir" button.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #14107 on: November 16, 2018, 04:15:55 pm »

Maybe you can request the monarch to do some silly bullshit to earn your vite
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Uristides

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14108 on: November 16, 2018, 04:35:27 pm »

Cousin got me excommunicated. I paid to get it lifted, and he immediately got me excommunicated *again*. And can't lift it so soon after having it previously lifted.
About that, am I just out of the loop(haven't played christians in a while) or is the pope much more trigger happy with excommunications now? At one point in my current game all three Karling kingdoms had excommunicated rulers.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14109 on: November 16, 2018, 06:53:17 pm »

Also, the crusader states can pop up in literally any duchy, even outside of the targeted kingdom. Dunno what triggers it besides dumb luck, but descending from the OG Crusader King/Queen apparently ups the odds.

If I remember correctly, it's a random event that triggers when an individual crusader manages to conquer enough land. They get the opportunity to form that crusader Duchy but lose out on any claims/whatever for the targeted kingdom. Good for when you want to end things quickly, I suppose.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14110 on: November 17, 2018, 12:47:55 am »

I had the misfortune of realising the hard way that the bloodline formed by Adeline was matriarchal and can't be passed on by males. And I really, really wanted to have a saint-crusader bloodline when I formed the Outrempire.

Luckily I had a really old save I could scum to but I lost basically two lifetimes' worth of progress. That stings a lot. So I guess now I've ended up with a hypotethical line of Crusader Queens, if I'm going to be able to do this like I want to. I'm not really sure I will be able to pull it off at all. Sure as hell is going to end up trying out the new elective stuff a lot. Or just resort to save-scumming at every birth to make sure I don't get any boys. Any tips for going strictly female in a yet not cognative system appreciated.
Love, scriver~

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #14111 on: November 17, 2018, 01:21:59 am »

Or kill all the boys ("smother" is the lingo word)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14112 on: November 17, 2018, 01:33:15 am »

Killing your own children is so difficult, though
Love, scriver~

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #14113 on: November 17, 2018, 02:28:55 am »

So apparently there's some new Slavic Union Empire or something? I saw it alongside discussion of the equally new Oultrempire (also, dear god paradox, alt-history flavor is my favorite).
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14114 on: November 17, 2018, 02:35:14 am »

Lech, Czech, and Rus. I don't know what areas you need to own though, it doesn't say in the achievement blurb

Lick chick and rush
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 939 940 [941] 942 943 ... 1002