Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 941 942 [943] 944 945 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 1990201 times)

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #14130 on: November 18, 2018, 03:03:30 am »

Random or shattered world with whatever culture ends up getting those portraits? You can keep most stuff historical if you don’t want a start that’s too different. You can also always change your religion into Catholic or your graphics into South Slav with Ruler Designer if you have that.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14131 on: November 18, 2018, 06:03:38 am »

Question: is there some dlc that improves Africa somehow?

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14132 on: November 18, 2018, 06:30:16 am »

Question: is there some dlc that improves Africa somehow?

The latest DLC had ‘making central Africa not worthless’ as a major feature.

Not only did the accompanying fee update flesh out the map greatly, but there’s a bunch of paid content that helps the actual gameplay. Check the ck2 dev diaries for Holy Fury if you’re intereste
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #14133 on: November 18, 2018, 07:03:06 am »

Yeah, the patch improved the region of Mali, added the region of Kanem Bornu, and added Eldership succession to west africans.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #14134 on: November 18, 2018, 08:36:00 am »

Cousin got me excommunicated. I paid to get it lifted, and he immediately got me excommunicated *again*. And can't lift it so soon after having it previously lifted.
About that, am I just out of the loop(haven't played christians in a while) or is the pope much more trigger happy with excommunications now? At one point in my current game all three Karling kingdoms had excommunicated rulers.

I think it's that the AI is now more likely to request excommunication (not sure if it ever requested it at all before?), and the Pope has no cooldown on excommunicating people but everyone else has a cooldown on requesting the excommunication be lifted.

So if the Pope decides or is convinced someone needs excommunicating, they are going to be stuck excommunicated for awhile.

In other news, the rework of Ireland has moved my default start from Tir Eoghain to Mumu. Means giving up a legendary bloodline, but you get a bunch of De Jure claims on your neighbours.

Just need to figure out a reliable way to...dispose of the lesser of the two sons, now. So far the younger brother has been consistently challenging the older one to a duel and killing him, so that's one solution.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #14135 on: November 18, 2018, 09:10:14 am »

Messed up my Shia Scotland game with the map changes, but that’s okay since I overextended a bit too much. Like, double my vassal limit.

Also very pissed off I had 0 decadence, go to kow tow, suddenly decadence is 94. Can’t do shit about it ‘cause I’m traveling.

Edit: also bought the DLC 'cause you guys make it sound awesome and I want to make my own religion. I've also never started in Africa. Well, outside of my Merchant Republic Shia heresy, which took forever to get off the ground.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2018, 10:14:25 am by hector13 »
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14136 on: November 18, 2018, 10:32:28 pm »

I love the clan/family name for the animals.  Especially cats.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Night knows what it did.  They are a bad cat, very bad.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14137 on: November 18, 2018, 11:52:09 pm »

Whenever I try that Chairman, the buttons are grayed out and the game won't let me change the date. I can go up from 1066 but not lower.

Either way, it's worth mentioning that despite what the "welcome to crusader kings 2" thing says random worlds seem to last forever (or till 9999 or something.) I tested a random world in observer mode 1337-1453 and made it to 1460 somehow so I don't think they actually have end dates.

Really? I suppose that makes sense.

Also, I'm somehow able to join the Assassins as a Christian, not a secretly practicing Christian, one who is still publicly practicing the faith, under Muslim rule. Despite the requirements saying I need to be muslim, and theres some other factors that are required that apparently got bypassed. The characters high intrigue of 14 probably helps.

edit: Oh, I have to convert apparently, either convert fully to Shia or be Shia in secret. Given how the society is a secret one, secret makes sense to me.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2018, 11:55:17 pm by smjjames »

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #14138 on: November 19, 2018, 02:35:04 am »

Whenever I try that Chairman, the buttons are grayed out and the game won't let me change the date. I can go up from 1066 but not lower.

Either way, it's worth mentioning that despite what the "welcome to crusader kings 2" thing says random worlds seem to last forever (or till 9999 or something.) I tested a random world in observer mode 1337-1453 and made it to 1460 somehow so I don't think they actually have end dates.

I replied already. Turns out the data selection thing was coming from an "ultimate ending" mod.

Also, I'm somehow able to join the Assassins as a Christian, not a secretly practicing Christian, one who is still publicly practicing the faith, under Muslim rule. Despite the requirements saying I need to be muslim, and theres some other factors that are required that apparently got bypassed. The characters high intrigue of 14 probably helps.

edit: Oh, I have to convert apparently, either convert fully to Shia or be Shia in secret. Given how the society is a secret one, secret makes sense to me.
In vanilla you don't have to be muslim to become an assasin. You just need to be willing to become a secret muslim, and within interaction range of a muslim
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #14139 on: November 19, 2018, 08:00:18 am »

Remember that invisible Arabic portraits bug?

Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14140 on: November 19, 2018, 08:03:17 am »

He's just very very shy.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #14141 on: November 19, 2018, 08:15:29 am »

Invisible, this individual is unusually transparent in their conduct (+20 intrigue)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #14142 on: November 19, 2018, 10:33:53 am »

Shit, someone should mod the nazgul into the game. Maybe as a secret society or something.

Anyways, behold the Labourdian Empire

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

As you can see in the screenshot, the Emperor is a vampire. One issue I'm having is that since HF came out there seems to be no way of vamping other people into your dinasty... but  of course, thanks to longevity and plot defense this is largely a non-issue. It's important to keep the Emperor out of duels and shit like that because otherwise you're a dice roll away from a gameover.

My original idea was to expand north rather south, but as you can see there's a big empire there which poses problems. Plus most nations there are feudal, which makes them tougher to beat, whereas most nations in the rest of the Iberian peninsula were tribal. So in the end I converted from my original raider religion to worshipping the Crone of Time which has raiding AND holy war (and crucially, an Assasin cult), and I conquered most of the Peninsula via Holy Wars. I made Biscay and Navarre my core demense with personally owned castles and not-mosques in order to be able to pop up a decent private levy as needed (and it's needed often).

Now I'm moving towards Africa for three reasons:
- The Saharan trade route. I need that sweet, sweet money.
- Eventually I hope to make the Emperor into the Caliph of the Crone of Time. I think I need the holy sites for this which are in Western Africa I think.
-Last but not least.... this game has all invasions turned on. Which means that at some point in the near future we're gonna get ravaged by not-aztecs and not-mongols. I expect the former will likely take over most, if not all, my European territories. So I was hoping to take over southern Africa in order to establish a second contingency empire down there, with chokepoints. I might actually move the capital there TBH, and hole down for the storm.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14143 on: November 19, 2018, 12:31:38 pm »

I replied already. Turns out the data selection thing was coming from an "ultimate ending" mod.

I did see that, was just responding to that the shattered/random worlds might not actually have an end date.

In vanilla you don't have to be muslim to become an assasin. You just need to be willing to become a secret muslim, and within interaction range of a muslim

Just another case of the tooltip popups not being entirely clear I guess.

Been attempting to get king of Asturias (and eventually King of Spain with Duke Castilla of Castille (duchy) in Asturias from 867 and kind of failing and having a hard time breaking out of being a duchy.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2018, 12:35:36 pm by smjjames »

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14144 on: November 19, 2018, 02:10:41 pm »

What a horrible night to be accursed.

Also, his wife is oddly hawt
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 941 942 [943] 944 945 ... 1002