Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 954 955 [956] 957 958 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 1990173 times)

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #14325 on: December 14, 2018, 11:24:17 pm »

You know, I wouldn't even mind Animal Portraits DLC. Most people wouldn't mind, and it would make Animal Kingdoms somewhat better, so while, yeah, it's certainly not something that I'd consider seriously, I was mostly off-put from even making one meme run by the fact most animals don't have any form of variation and no clothes, so it's a giant pain in the ass to figure out who is who. I mean, at the end of the day, what else does the art team have to do right now, at least in terms of stuff they can sell.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14326 on: December 15, 2018, 01:45:39 am »

You know, I wouldn't even mind Animal Portraits DLC. Most people wouldn't mind, and it would make Animal Kingdoms somewhat better, so while, yeah, it's certainly not something that I'd consider seriously, I was mostly off-put from even making one meme run by the fact most animals don't have any form of variation and no clothes, so it's a giant pain in the ass to figure out who is who. I mean, at the end of the day, what else does the art team have to do right now, at least in terms of stuff they can sell.
Yeah, I would definitely like some variation to the portraits. Animal Kingdoms aren't playable right now as you can't tell who is who at all.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #14327 on: December 15, 2018, 02:55:54 am »

RED PANDA CAT BEAR
Oh my god it's a Red Panda!

Paradox take my money!
« Last Edit: December 16, 2018, 01:24:08 am by misko27 »
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Radsoc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14328 on: December 15, 2018, 03:14:30 am »

For Stellaris OK I guess. I don't get it for CK2.
"The hand-mill gives you society with the feudal lord; the steam-mill society with the industrial capitalist."

"To punish the oppressors of humanity is clemency; to forgive them is cruelty. The severity of tyrants has barbarity for its principle; that of a republican government is founded on beneficence."

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #14329 on: December 16, 2018, 01:23:40 am »

Portraits are huge for CK2. People don't like looking at king potato.

red pandas, on the other hand, are their own justification.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Malus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14330 on: December 16, 2018, 05:04:16 am »

Yeah, I would definitely like some variation to the portraits. Animal Kingdoms aren't playable right now as you can't tell who is who at all.
I mean, I have all the portrait packs, but there are still enough duplicates that I need to check the names/titles every time anyway. (Children especially!)

I'm hopeful CK3 will use Imperator's 3D portrait tech — seems like that could lend itself well to more truly distinctive portraits.

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14331 on: December 16, 2018, 10:09:27 am »

Quote from dev diary:

Hello all,

It has been a wonderful year for CK2, and I hope you all agree. A lot of work was put into Holy Fury which from the reception seems to be time well spent. We are not quite ready to talk about the next year but when we are you will be the first to know. We will now present something with no further comment.

Happy holidays, we hope you have a great winter break and we will be back next year.

The CK2 Team

RED PANDA CAT BEAR

and where are red pandas from?

CHINA

China map extension confirmed

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14332 on: December 22, 2018, 01:38:04 pm »

Hrm, I thought holy orders of your religion only joined in at 95% threat? Because as Reformed Tengri, the Tengri holy order joined the Pagan defensive pact at 24% threat.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14333 on: December 28, 2018, 12:55:28 am »

Trying to advance to the final rank of my warrior lodge. In order to do so, I have to duel an existing top ranked member... ... my wife.

She's a lot better fighter than me, which is a problem, but I come up with a solution: I get her pregnant, which places a nice debuff on her combat skill, then I duel her while she's carrying our child.

I'm kinda proud of how this all worked out, but at the same time, I'm also kinda not.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14334 on: December 28, 2018, 01:10:16 am »

Trying to advance to the final rank of my warrior lodge. In order to do so, I have to duel an existing top ranked member... ... my wife.

She's a lot better fighter than me, which is a problem, but I come up with a solution: I get her pregnant, which places a nice debuff on her combat skill, then I duel her while she's carrying our child.

I'm kinda proud of how this all worked out, but at the same time, I'm also kinda not.

That's certainly one way to do it lol...only in CK2

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14335 on: December 28, 2018, 06:29:00 am »

Ah, the traditional lovers' quarrel...

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14336 on: December 28, 2018, 02:44:02 pm »

Is there a way to get the top of the crusade contributor list to not go off the top of the screen (OTHER THAN 'make the screen bigger', which is not an option I want to use. I mean, I can, but would rather not have to every time a crusade goes.)?
« Last Edit: December 28, 2018, 02:56:07 pm by smjjames »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14337 on: January 02, 2019, 07:07:46 pm »

How do I find out what's causing the game to lock up? There is something that keeps making the game lock up on a specific date for a particular game and I can't seem to get around it.... I didn't mess around with anything, so, I know it's not due to that.

feelotraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • (y-sqrt{|x|})^2+x^2=1
    • View Profile
« Reply #14338 on: January 02, 2019, 10:32:01 pm »

May be something relevant in the last entries of the various logs at .../Paradox Interactive/Crusader Kings II/logs/ ?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14339 on: January 03, 2019, 12:30:03 am »

I've moved on to a new game, so, can't check now. Will remember that the next time it freezes up. It kept doing that even if I went back a couple autosaves (in case it was something random) and even if I switched to a different character, so, whatever it was, it was something that was scheduled to fire on that date.
Pages: 1 ... 954 955 [956] 957 958 ... 1002