Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 960 961 [962] 963 964 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2010726 times)

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #14415 on: January 15, 2019, 05:32:36 pm »

I really wish tribals could destroy non-tribal holdings in single holding counties. Gotten stuck with some feudal counts in my African Pagan game because I can't burn the castles as I storm through Muslim territory.

Also, tribals are so much better in the mid-game nowadays. I'm not feeling pressured at all into needing to go feudal/republic.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14416 on: January 15, 2019, 05:44:57 pm »

Doesn't seem to be there for me. Feudals and Republics can do it, did it when I was conquering Norway as the Feudal Empire of Alba in my previous game, but I'm not seeing the option as tribals.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #14417 on: January 15, 2019, 09:38:40 pm »

Also, in my last game (which I got bored with around 1309), I converted to muslim via the prosyletizing event (was trying to get the realm wide conversion event though....) and the number of vassal troops a bit more than doubled in number, however, when he died, the vassal troops reset down to about where it was before. The thing is that his successor's martial ability was only a little bit better than the previous (12 vs 14), so, I'm confused as to where the boost came from. I did dole out some viceroyal kingdoms, so, maybe that reduced it? I dunno.

Vassal troops mostly depend on opinion, not martial. Handing out viceroyalties pisses off your non-viceroyal vassals, so that would definitely reduce your vassal troops.

Doesn't explain the boost I got on conversion though.
Your vassals must have liked Muslim you more than the original you, for some reason.

How does one trigger the mass conversion event anyway, especially as a Christian? I'm getting real tired of being raided by norsemen.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14418 on: January 15, 2019, 10:15:47 pm »

Also, in my last game (which I got bored with around 1309), I converted to muslim via the prosyletizing event (was trying to get the realm wide conversion event though....) and the number of vassal troops a bit more than doubled in number, however, when he died, the vassal troops reset down to about where it was before. The thing is that his successor's martial ability was only a little bit better than the previous (12 vs 14), so, I'm confused as to where the boost came from. I did dole out some viceroyal kingdoms, so, maybe that reduced it? I dunno.

Vassal troops mostly depend on opinion, not martial. Handing out viceroyalties pisses off your non-viceroyal vassals, so that would definitely reduce your vassal troops.

Doesn't explain the boost I got on conversion though.
Your vassals must have liked Muslim you more than the original you, for some reason.

How does one trigger the mass conversion event anyway, especially as a Christian? I'm getting real tired of being raided by norsemen.

I'm wondering about that as well. If it's an event chain, it's possible it got truncated by the 'corrupt councilmember' event popping up not long after the special councilmember was sent and was one who I couldn't fire via the council window.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #14419 on: January 16, 2019, 08:06:41 am »

I think the easiest way to have Rajas of India, making sure your character is not a zealot and parked in a province of the desired religion, and then taking the decision. May not work for converting to unreformed religions.

Also, Norse will raid regardless of target religion: focus instead of converting them.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14420 on: January 17, 2019, 12:14:31 pm »

I think the easiest way to have Rajas of India, making sure your character is not a zealot and parked in a province of the desired religion, and then taking the decision. May not work for converting to unreformed religions.

Also, Norse will raid regardless of target religion: focus instead of converting them.
Yeah, but that's assuming the pagan is the player, and also only works for the one character. The Mass Conversion event changes every (pagan, I think) province to your religious group as well as all or most of the leadership. Bohemia got it in my games, and 90% of the country went from Germanic to Catholic in 1 day. The other provinces were Christian heresies (Waldenesianism is popular in Germany currently in my game).
Thou art I, I art Thou.
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #14421 on: January 17, 2019, 12:22:35 pm »

You ask a sponsor for it, right clicking his portrait iirc. Probably has to be a king or an emperor.
Love, scriver~

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14422 on: January 17, 2019, 05:52:19 pm »

Hmm. Probably not much way to encourage that from the other side then, besides I suppose just befriending pagan lords.
Thou art I, I art Thou.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #14423 on: January 17, 2019, 06:04:05 pm »

I’ve seen it happen a few times over the course of a game. Even in the case of reformed pagans asking for it, I think.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14424 on: January 17, 2019, 06:23:33 pm »

I get these requests all the time. They tend to start coming once the expansion begins in earnest. I think it might be some combination of relative moral authority and military strength, but I haven't noticed the petitioners being particularly friendly (or unfriendly).

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14425 on: January 17, 2019, 06:54:22 pm »

The pagan realm needs enough tribal organisation to do it. Level 3/4/5 I think, so a realm needs to last a minimum amount of time with reasonably stable leadership in order to be able to ask to be converted and then needs a ruler who fits whatever mixture of traits makes them open to conversion.

It seems to generally start in the early 800s from what I've seen, but each realm takes variable lengths of time and some may never convert. I don't think there's any ways to encourage them to convert as another realm.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

Loam

• Bay Watcher
  • a Moal
    • View Profile
« Reply #14426 on: January 18, 2019, 09:23:25 pm »

lack of shirt reign penalty

It's hard to get your vassals to respect you if you go shirtless.

Unless you're viking, I guess.
Thob Goes to the Surface (Adventure Mode story, in progress)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14427 on: January 18, 2019, 09:42:01 pm »

Seniority gets you the most points!
You know, score?  That number in the top-right which is the closest thing the game has to a victory condition?  Anyone?
It only accumulates when your current character dies, so dying a lot is technically a good thing!

Yeah seniority sorta sucks, but can be an interesting switch.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14428 on: January 18, 2019, 10:07:06 pm »

Seniority gets you the most points!
You know, score?  That number in the top-right which is the closest thing the game has to a victory condition?  Anyone?
It only accumulates when your current character dies, so dying a lot is technically a good thing!

Yeah seniority sorta sucks, but can be an interesting switch.
Score is lame, honestly. Even if you want to chase a number like that, I think dynastic prestige is a more fun number to optimize for.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14429 on: January 18, 2019, 10:09:02 pm »

Shouldn't dynastic prestige also grow the fastest with seniority?
Pages: 1 ... 960 961 [962] 963 964 ... 1002