Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 969 970 [971] 972 973 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 1990564 times)

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #14550 on: March 12, 2019, 02:47:14 am »

I semi-accidentally discovered a fun thing with Shattered Worlds. I'd left a Shattered World running in observer mode and forgot all about it... until late in the next day, when I noticed CK2 was still running and that the in-game year was 1912. The amount of rulers and history was incredible. So much had changed in the world, but some early realms were still there and recognizable. The border gore was probably the worst I've ever seen, though. I'm trying this again with exclave independence rules much harsher, which will hopefully lead to a more sane world. I'm also sticking with regular religions and cultures, just shifted around, plus default titles for a more recognizable-yet-different kind of world. I'm going to convert it to EUIV when I'm done. This is a cool way of making new, different starts for EUIV and also just seeing how the world shapes up so many centuries, much like DF's Legends mode.

Things are already shaping up nicely. My money is on the Alan Slavic kingdoms in Italy. I hope to see them dominate the continent by the end. The Cathars of the Middle East and the Finns of England are also favorites. Oddly enough, India ended up populated mostly by Indian cultures anyway (they're all Zunist, though).
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #14551 on: March 12, 2019, 10:43:30 am »

Finngland sounds like a great idea for a megacampaign

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14552 on: April 03, 2019, 06:35:47 am »

The new great works patch came out yesterday. Good excuse to start another game!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14553 on: April 04, 2019, 09:45:21 am »

waiting for wikis to update with what the various parts of the great works do, too lazy to read the text files myself

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #14554 on: April 08, 2019, 06:34:40 am »

How often are DLCs on sale (steam)?
I had to wait until today to be able to buy some steam cash, and now the 50% sale is over.
I still lack Conclave and Charlemagne, but 2 x 14.99 is outside of my budget limits :(
« Last Edit: April 08, 2019, 07:01:15 am by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Mini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14555 on: April 08, 2019, 07:36:23 am »

Judging by Steamdb, it's every couple of months on average. They were on sale in mid may both last year and the year before, so that is most likely the next one.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #14556 on: April 08, 2019, 10:13:30 am »

Also keep an eye on Paradox's website. Sometimes the sales there are better than the ones on Steam.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14557 on: April 10, 2019, 02:12:42 am »

Dumb question time. I made a little personal religion mod, and now the game CTDs on clicking on the religion tab. I have 5 holy sites. From what I gather on  paradox's forums, it's a 3.1 problem with incompatibility with mods featuring religions. Nothing changed from my last update (worked on 3.0, 2.9, et al.) Game runs fine otherwise.

Is this something I have to wait out, or does anybody have any ideas?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #14558 on: April 10, 2019, 08:30:10 am »

Dumb question time. I made a little personal religion mod, and now the game CTDs on clicking on the religion tab. I have 5 holy sites. From what I gather on  paradox's forums, it's a 3.1 problem with incompatibility with mods featuring religions. Nothing changed from my last update (worked on 3.0, 2.9, et al.) Game runs fine otherwise.

Is this something I have to wait out, or does anybody have any ideas?
Try comparing it to other religions, check out the error log (in the logs folder) or post it here.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14559 on: April 12, 2019, 12:47:51 am »

I got it working. Basically, I screwed up the mod format. It's my first time building a mod for stuff like this (I usually just edit the live files straight up, like DF raws), so I forgot to use the "replace path" command in my .mod file. Now I just need to work on localization and I'll be satisfied with it.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14560 on: May 17, 2019, 07:44:59 am »

New Bookmark announced. It'll be in 936 and will be free.

What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #14561 on: May 17, 2019, 09:30:00 am »

I hadn't played in over a year and I've been enjoying some of the new (to me) features. Been playing as a merchant of Genoa. My family had lost an election and had been out of power for two generations when there was a crusade which we successfully got moved to targeting Africa. After the crusade was won, I took it up on the chance of being a count in Africa, which is a great feature. (I had chosen a female relative as my crusade recipient, as a merchant family needs its sons for running trading posts.)

I worked over two generations to begin to take over the kingdom from the inside, becoming a duke with a huge demense. The son of the first crusader joined a secret Sunni society (which I'd never seen before) and worked his way almost to the highest rank before keeling over dead in 50s from being too fat. Then there was a jihad (there always is) and even though I managed to assasinate the man prosecuting the jihad, the war continued under his good-for-nothing son who won. And so my character control reverted back to Genoa... where my cousin and new primary character had become the new Doge.

The adventures in Africa were a great little side-plot within the game, giving me something fun to do rather than being stuck out of power for ages in Genoa.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14562 on: May 17, 2019, 02:50:35 pm »

Wait, you successfully switched back and forth between republic and feudal? How long has that worked for?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14563 on: May 17, 2019, 03:28:29 pm »

Wait, you successfully switched back and forth between republic and feudal? How long has that worked for?
I imagine since the update that made Government Types an actual thing.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #14564 on: May 18, 2019, 01:00:12 pm »

Ivar "the Boneless" challenged me to a homgång.

Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 969 970 [971] 972 973 ... 1002