Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 992 993 [994] 995 996 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2006052 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #14895 on: July 04, 2020, 05:13:57 am »

He's talking abouts the ingame crusade against Lotharcathia
Lotharingia.

Not since it was usurped by filthy heretics :P
Love, scriver~

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
  • Enclave here, why isn't your video feed working?
    • View Profile
    • [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ylvdlc5.jpg[/IMG]
« Reply #14896 on: July 06, 2020, 02:48:10 am »

It's sad that modding for this game has died down since the word of coming release for CK3.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #14897 on: July 06, 2020, 05:06:30 am »

We still have Teneb's Forgotten Realms mod!
Love, scriver~

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #14898 on: July 06, 2020, 11:38:57 am »

It's sad that modding for this game has died down since the word of coming release for CK3.
Your mileage may vary.
My go-to mod for CK2 as of late has been the After The End Fan Fork and it just got updated
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Lukewarm

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps, if you ask nicely.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14899 on: July 06, 2020, 03:16:15 pm »

I really like After The End.
Do you get crashes on specific dates? It's been happening to me, and even my finest autosaves, three years back, can't get me out of the may 21st crash. I'm sure something is scheduling that isn't jiving. Might be a mod problem, as I'm not running it entirely exclusively.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #14900 on: July 06, 2020, 03:42:51 pm »

I haven't actually gotten around to trying the new update, but I haven't run into any date related crashes on my end in the previous versions, no.
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #14901 on: July 06, 2020, 07:54:39 pm »

My impression is that mods are going crazy as of late.  I actually think that since the game is more or less stable now, mods have gotten more daring.

Too bad Ck2 generator is broken, though. :(
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14902 on: July 09, 2020, 12:42:07 pm »

Would someone please tell me how AI wars work?

According to the pop-up when I declare a war, if I declare on rebels and that war ends, my war ends too.
It also happened to me once. I declared war on Sardinio-Corsican rebels, they got beaten up, my war ended too.

Yet I can't enforce demands on my own rebels despite having 100% warscore because Germans declared a holy war for Silesia on them and are holding Saarbrücken.

Also, when I declare holy wars, ticking warscore is for the holder of the contested duchy, at most 75% from battles. I hold all of Silesia, Germans only have Saarbrücken, yet they have 100% warscore (and I checked, no relatives or heir of the revolt leader are in prison.)

Edit: The moment I unpaused the game, German-Wendish Revolt war ended. I am not sure if inconclusively or if Wendish revolt won, but Germany did not get Silesia. Which is strange because the war popup (when I aimed at the war indicator) clearly said that King Walter the Blessed (who is king of Germany) had 100% warscore.

Edit 2: So I just found out from Walter's truce timer that he "Won" the holy war. I guess that since I was holding all the contested provinces though, he was unable to take anything.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2020, 01:15:51 pm by Mathel »
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #14903 on: July 09, 2020, 04:17:53 pm »

Yeah war declarations get weird when multiple non-conflicting parties contest the same title

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #14904 on: July 09, 2020, 06:04:06 pm »

So far as I’m aware, you can’t end a war if a third-party holds a county in a contested title, which is presumably why you couldn’t end your war with the rebels.

Not entirely sure why the Germans didn’t keep Saarbrucken though, assuming it was part of Silesia. A quick look at the CKII wiki seems to suggest Saarbrucken doesn’t exist isn’t part of Silesia, so that may be why.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14905 on: July 10, 2020, 01:16:12 am »

I know Saarbrücken is not a part of Silesia. What I am questioning is them having 100% warscore when holding just it.

But later I found out, that they also held (and kept) a bishopric in lower Silesia I missed it in my rush to prevent them from occupying the whole Silesia. I did hold the rest of it though.
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14906 on: August 11, 2020, 12:29:28 pm »

I've started a grand campaign, and I'm doing an AAR for it.

https://cruxador.wordpress.com/2020/08/09/paradox-grand-campaign/

I've got it set to do an automatic update each Sunday, with a bit of a backlog so I can make the posts roughly equivalent in the amount of interesting content.

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14907 on: August 11, 2020, 01:01:39 pm »

In my current svidjod (currently estonia) game, my abitious uncle, who was also my heir, appointed himself my regent. I did not live long. At least I now play as him and he has pretty good stats.

Cruxador, I have read through your story so far. It seems fun.

Also, about crusader Saxony, I have, in another game, seen both reguar and "crusader" Germany to exist. At the same time. Crusade for Germany happened and the land was made Crusader germany, rather than being incorporated into the already existing Germany.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2020, 01:11:33 pm by Mathel »

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14908 on: August 11, 2020, 02:24:09 pm »

In my current svidjod (currently estonia) game, my abitious uncle, who was also my heir, appointed himself my regent. I did not live long. At least I now play as him and he has pretty good stats.

Cruxador, I have read through your story so far. It seems fun.

Also, about crusader Saxony, I have, in another game, seen both reguar and "crusader" Germany to exist. At the same time. Crusade for Germany happened and the land was made Crusader germany, rather than being incorporated into the already existing Germany.
Yeah, normally the crusader tags are supposed to be created when the main title is already created. In a particularly silly case, I've seen a Jerusalem and Crusader Jerusalem at once, though in a someone's screenshot rather than my own game. That's information I've since learned though, so I didn't look for where the main Saxony title is.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #14909 on: August 11, 2020, 04:45:09 pm »

Yeah, my last game had two separate (i.e. different tags) crusader West Francias rise and fall, all while regular West Francia was still just hanging out.
Pages: 1 ... 992 993 [994] 995 996 ... 1002