Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 994 995 [996] 997 998 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2006145 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #14925 on: August 15, 2020, 04:52:31 pm »

I actually wrote Seneschal at first, realized that was an honorary title, and googled for the correct term... only to get the wrong one.

I need to actually play this game again
(ideally as one of the cultures like Byzantines where everything has fun different names)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14926 on: August 15, 2020, 04:54:42 pm »

I actually wrote Seneschal at first, realized that was an honorary title, and googled for the correct term... only to get the wrong one.

I need to actually play this game again
(ideally as one of the cultures like Byzantines where everything has fun different names)
It wasn't an unfair suggestion in the abstract, actually, since "chancellor" as a job title (where it even existed!) seems to have been more like "general secretary" nowadays, but in game, I'd say definitely the Steward.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14927 on: August 15, 2020, 08:30:13 pm »

It would be an interesting decision for abdication to be based on specific traits and character information.

Like greedy, ambitious, or arbitrary characters can NOT abdicate, EVER.

Likewise, Cowardly or Old characters could abdicated any time.

This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #14928 on: August 17, 2020, 10:17:13 am »

I don't know, I think Arbitrary could abdicate if stressed or depressed. "This job is too hard! Screw it, I'm retiring to go live out my life in leisure without all these responsibilities!"
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #14929 on: August 17, 2020, 01:45:33 pm »

Arbitrary seems like the least concerned with succession and legitimacy, it's much more likely that a just character is disinclined to abdicate whilst an arbitrary one doesn't care

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #14930 on: August 17, 2020, 08:05:34 pm »

Wow. Just wow.

Started in 936 as Duke of Westfriesland. I made a custom ruler with the genius trait.
The year is 1053, only 4 heirs into the game (3 via seniority, this one appointed via elective), having acquired 4 duchies and 2 random countries, missing out on forming the Kingdom of Frysia because I set de Jure drift to 50 years, my current ruler is both genius and strong...

He has no bad traits whatsoever (he did start out with lustful and slothful but he lost both of those. By now the pope has also forgotten he was an adulter with two lovers haha).
On top of that, tons of good traits and a ton of bonusses from being a hermetic (he just became Magus, even).

..I just murdered the King and inherited the Kingdom of Germany at age 44.

I haven't played CK2 much at all, now I am going to have to learn how to play a kingdom.
This ruler sure will help though, don't think I've ever seen one so beefy yet. The only thing lacking is decent intrigue.  His genius son is getting a horoscope supported intrigue education now.

I guess my next target could be England.  I already have a foothold, owning the duchy of Somerset.  My dynasty is properly intermarried with some english and scots too.

Warning large picture
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #14931 on: August 18, 2020, 12:29:09 am »

Yeah that's a winner. His descendants will have fun trying to live up to his example ;)
Love, scriver~

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14932 on: August 18, 2020, 03:19:33 am »

Cue cancer, sibling rivalry and smallpox. Before you know it, the country will be led by your nephew's dimwitted bastard.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #14933 on: August 18, 2020, 07:53:57 am »

After installing a council, my liege now has 35/38/43/30/55 for ruler stats haha. Crazy.

Is it normal that I now have 2 masters of the hunt, 2 masters of the horse and 2 cupbearers, or did the game glitch out from this inheritance?

Oh, nice. The kingdom is already set to agnatic elective, so I don't need to worry about gavelkind tearing up my realm.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2020, 07:56:27 am by martinuzz »

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #14934 on: August 18, 2020, 07:41:20 pm »

I haven't played CK2 much at all, now I am going to have to learn how to play a kingdom.
This ruler sure will help though, don't think I've ever seen one so beefy yet. The only thing lacking is decent intrigue.  His genius son is getting a horoscope supported intrigue education now.

You mean your ruler's son is going to be helping you play as a kingdom, since he's going to kill your ruler and take over once he graduates.  It's probably his final exam!

EDIT: Nevermind, I didn't see your stats with counselors.  Even a genius Elusive Shadow is going to have some trouble with 30 intrigue.  Best to marry off any courtiers that don't like you, just in case.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #14935 on: August 18, 2020, 07:44:18 pm »

Highly unlikely, he's my hermetic apprentice and likes me 100%
I do need to acquire enough favours from my council to switch to late feudal, and primogeniture though, or find a way to have my vassals vote for my son as heir.  As it stands I will lose the kingdom on death of my current ruler.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2020, 07:47:01 pm by martinuzz »

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #14936 on: August 18, 2020, 08:01:33 pm »

Getting family elected is always the trouble with elected, but I think generally if the electors like you, then they should like your genius son.  He also might just take care of anyone truly hostile out of boredom.  You might even get an opportunity to give him a demesne that includes an elector.  Since you've got elective, you're taking a prestige hit for each adult unlanded son, so he needs somewhere to rule.

feelotraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • (y-sqrt{|x|})^2+x^2=1
    • View Profile
« Reply #14937 on: August 18, 2020, 08:43:53 pm »

Is it normal that I now have 2 masters of the hunt, 2 masters of the horse and 2 cupbearers, or did the game glitch out from this inheritance?

It's semi-normal.  Which is to say that it is a bug that has been in the game for quite a long time.  When you gain established vassals they retain any minor titles given to them by their previous liege.  Often this means that you end up with multiples.  It is frustrating if you have been keeping a few titles empty for dark days and they get filled anyway but it can also be a bonus, especially early on, when it increases the number of commanders you have available, unless of course - as it tends to be - they have crap martial.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #14938 on: August 19, 2020, 09:08:29 am »

What happens if I create the Kingdom of Frysia while ruling Germany? Large part of my demesne is in the Kingdom of Frysia.
Will that Kingdom become independent of Germany, or will I just be a ruler with 2 King titles?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #14939 on: August 19, 2020, 09:23:57 am »

What happens if I create the Kingdom of Frysia while ruling Germany? Large part of my demesne is in the Kingdom of Frysia.
Will that Kingdom become independent of Germany, or will I just be a ruler with 2 King titles?
You will become a ruler with 2 King titles. The only thing you have to be careful of is the new title may have different succession laws compared to the Kingdom of Germany title, so I would check the succession law and change it immediately if this is the case. If the succession law is different you could potentially lose the Kingdom title to another one of your heirs unless your primary heir holds an Empire title
Pages: 1 ... 994 995 [996] 997 998 ... 1002