Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 995 996 [997] 998 999 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2006651 times)

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #14940 on: August 19, 2020, 11:23:19 am »

Generaly, if you create a title, it will have the same laws as your primary title at the point you created the new title. So you only have to worry for usurping and inheriting titles.

You can use title switching if, for example, one of your titles is gavelkind and the other primogeniture and you want the new one to be primogeniture too.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #14941 on: August 19, 2020, 01:56:45 pm »

What happens if I create the Kingdom of Frysia while ruling Germany? Large part of my demesne is in the Kingdom of Frysia.
Will that Kingdom become independent of Germany, or will I just be a ruler with 2 King titles?
You will become a ruler with 2 King titles. The only thing you have to be careful of is the new title may have different succession laws compared to the Kingdom of Germany title, so I would check the succession law and change it immediately if this is the case. If the succession law is different you could potentially lose the Kingdom title to another one of your heirs unless your primary heir holds an Empire title

But what about the fact that the Kingdom of Germany, and thus the Kingdom of Frysia are Elective succession?  It's been a while, but I'm almost thinking that could lead to two different sets of electors voting for two different kings, although the second title being created might save the player some.

I usually only create my second king title when I'm shooting for an Empire title to avoid these issues.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14942 on: August 19, 2020, 02:17:19 pm »

I have an odd feeling the game's not sophisticated enough to handle a second set of electors, but I've had the different succession thing happen with the Byzantine Empire vs the Kingdom of Greece. Kingdom was something normal while Empire was the elector thing, so my eldest daughter ended up the Queen of Greece while some other family member ended up Emperor and thus me.

Note that this involved staggered titles so Greece didn't become independent or anything, but the principle is certainly there.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14943 on: August 19, 2020, 04:54:53 pm »

Each title with one of the elective-type successions defines its own electors. For feudal elective it should be straightforward enough, as it uses de jure lines to choose the pools. I had double kingships both using tanistry once (de facto vassals instead) and it was a mess.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14944 on: August 20, 2020, 11:14:23 am »

Had a crusade which went horrifyingly against me for reasons that come down to "because", it seems.

First: The AI knows exactly where my armies are at all times. All attempts to circumvent them failed as they'd adjust course to splatter me.
Second: I can't win major battles. It's literally impossible. I lost a battle where I outnumbered the enemy by 10,000 troops in a Slavic province (Unrelenting doctrine, so HUGE bonuses) with favourable terrain and good unit comp. I get my arse handed to me.
Third: Troops of mine mysteriously vanished. I got a metric fuckload of troops from an event. After the first battle 8,000 of them vanished. The battle was against a tiny army so it wasn't troop losses
Fourth: My allies decided that they needed to go to the opposite end of my country to the invading armies

Bit hard to win when that happens.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14945 on: August 20, 2020, 05:53:22 pm »

Had a crusade which went horrifyingly against me for reasons that come down to "because", it seems.

First: The AI knows exactly where my armies are at all times. All attempts to circumvent them failed as they'd adjust course to splatter me.
Second: I can't win major battles. It's literally impossible. I lost a battle where I outnumbered the enemy by 10,000 troops in a Slavic province (Unrelenting doctrine, so HUGE bonuses) with favourable terrain and good unit comp. I get my arse handed to me.
Third: Troops of mine mysteriously vanished. I got a metric fuckload of troops from an event. After the first battle 8,000 of them vanished. The battle was against a tiny army so it wasn't troop losses
Fourth: My allies decided that they needed to go to the opposite end of my country to the invading armies

Bit hard to win when that happens.

I hope it is ok, but I'm going to try to diagnose those points:

First: Spymaster, Diplomat, and Chaplain can be used to scout out the enemy so that you mostly know the same about them as they know about you.
Second: Sometimes, you lose.  I'll ask the obvious "How did your commanders match up?".  Just keep going I guess when you get that unlucky loss.
Third: Did a war end?  You mentioned the battle was against a tiny army, so maybe the event troops disbanded because their target realm collapsed.
Fourth: Allies just suck.  You generally need to lead/follow them to where they need to be.  They usuallly will follow your troops if you have some stationed in the next province over.  Otherwise they usually roam aimlessly.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14946 on: August 20, 2020, 06:09:56 pm »

Apparently, if you are in a realm where your liege decides to mass convert, and you do a war against him to stop it, all your vassals are independent from you just because, with no special claim or CB to get them back.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14947 on: August 21, 2020, 02:13:40 pm »

What happens after the war? What religion are the vassals?

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #14948 on: August 22, 2020, 07:17:11 pm »

Sadly my genius son died.
My king is 69 years old now and finally managed to get the realm laws to primogeniture to make my son with strong trait the new heir (barring RNG surprises).

Or if he dies, he has younger twin brothers with the strong trait, which might complicate things because I did create the kingdom of Frisia.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14949 on: August 22, 2020, 10:08:51 pm »

What the hell, this game is FTP now?? I'm pretty sure I paid money for it at some time in the past!   
Goddamnit.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #14950 on: August 22, 2020, 10:15:42 pm »

Its been free to play for almost a year now. They've also announced CKIII.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #14951 on: August 22, 2020, 10:54:54 pm »

Its been free to play for almost a year now. They've also announced CKIII.

You say announced, it releases on the 1st of September.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #14952 on: August 23, 2020, 07:17:08 am »

What the hell, this game is FTP now?? I'm pretty sure I paid money for it at some time in the past!   
Goddamnit.   

Don't worry you still get to pay money for the DLC ;)

(They've actually been giving them away occasionally too one at a time over the last year or so)
Love, scriver~

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14953 on: August 23, 2020, 11:17:44 am »

I've finally done what I've been intending to do since Holy Fury was released. I finally formed the Slavic Union.

I kept getting bored and quitting before I finished it, but not this time.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14954 on: August 23, 2020, 03:12:03 pm »

I've finally done what I've been intending to do since Holy Fury was released. I finally formed the Slavic Union.

I kept getting bored and quitting before I finished it, but not this time.

Congrats!  Got a picture?
Pages: 1 ... 995 996 [997] 998 999 ... 1002