Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2009778 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #14970 on: August 30, 2020, 07:50:14 am »

Doesnt iqta auto exclude nonmuslims?
I don't think so. As I understand it, it just reverts to feudal if the title ends up in the hands of a kaffir.

BoujeeTheAlan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14971 on: August 30, 2020, 08:12:21 am »

I need to double check, I don't play Muslims often but I was sure the kingdom title at least was going to a Kaffir.

Not actually sure what happens to the caliphate in this situation tho

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #14972 on: August 30, 2020, 08:32:48 am »

I was one the Shia caliph as a Tengri nomad, but I had done the conquest thing for all the titles of the caliph, and the caliphate is a secular title for some reason.

Maybe was, it was a few years ago. I think I was the caliph in only name though; I think I got the bonus for controlling the caliphate in prestige and piety (which was how I knew I had it), but no bonus with Muslims.

Not quite the same as inheriting it, but my experience nonetheless.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

BoujeeTheAlan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14973 on: August 30, 2020, 12:54:44 pm »

Well checking now and all heirs are Muslim. He had a few new kids since last I checked but even his brothers seem to have converted unless I was completely mistaken.

Such a shame too, I was very ready to assassinate another caliph for science. But not only would it be useless, I've also gone and died to an infected wound and we're now 3 years old.

In other news my regent was replaced by a Tengrist heathen (a hanger on from a prior invasion of Khazar Bulgaria). I'm tempted to just roleplay it out and let him convert me to his religion and culture

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14974 on: August 30, 2020, 01:37:36 pm »

Two questions.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
1. Is this fucked up?
2. Do female immortals go through menopause?

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #14975 on: August 30, 2020, 02:40:12 pm »

They dont. Post menopause immortals are infertile though
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #14976 on: August 30, 2020, 05:39:17 pm »

She has the same portrait as her daughter but they are not the same.  She is not a bastard, her daughter is.
Not sure what else you mean by this being fucked up?
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14977 on: August 30, 2020, 05:48:05 pm »

Probably the fact that a fifty-year-old woman has
the portrait and ostensible in-universe appearance of a child.
Black lives matter.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14978 on: August 30, 2020, 05:49:42 pm »

That's a kid's portrait. She be immortal in a kid's body, yo. A concubine to another immortal, but in a 50 year old's body. They're making babbies and all.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #14979 on: August 30, 2020, 05:56:50 pm »

Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14980 on: August 30, 2020, 11:37:39 pm »

Knocked out the One Who Brings Benefit achievement. Only one more day to go too.

Earliest start, chose the duke of Dailam or whatever it's called, died early (Which wasn't intended), falsely gave up Zoroastrianism, started a cult, spent the next 2 centuries slowly swallowing up the de jure lands of the Persian empire. Once I had almost all of them (I was missing a duchy the caliph was personally holding) I declared an independence war. I hadn't even checked, but by pure luck they were in the middle of helping deal with a crusade and as soon as I declared they attempted to revoke Syria, resulting in them dealing with a second revolt war. Kicked their arse quite handily, formed the Persian empire, brought the cult out of hiding, gave out king-tier titles to a few people, forced rulers to convert en masse (Since only half of my vassals were cultists), keeled over dead (which was useful since it meant my truces vanished), took Arabia in a GHW, took the last two duchies I needed (Abbasids and Tibet owned them) and by that point I had the 1500 piety I needed. Renamed my dynasty to Sassanid and changed it to the Sassanid flag, because like fuck I'm not reclaiming the legacy of my ancestors.

Next step: Wait for China to get out of its golden age and force them to open. I've learned how to savescum even on ironman (Only used it once, which was because the game threw that BS "Knock-knock it's death want to play chess?" event at me at, as the game likes to do, the worst possible time) so for shits and giggles tried to force them open. I had 48k, they summoned 100k
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14981 on: September 02, 2020, 01:17:04 pm »

How does excommunication for not participating in crusade work?

I was in a war when the crusade started. I finished the first war and set sail. When in Malta Channel, I recieved a warning from the pope for not participating. When in Gulf of Sidra, he excommunicated me for still not being in Jerusalem.

I understand the first warning. But there was barely enough time to go between two sea zones before the excommunication. Certainly not enough to get there all the way from Ireland.
Will I still get anything for participating in the crusade, or should I just return home?
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #14982 on: September 04, 2020, 02:34:35 pm »

Exploring North Corea mode. I guess ransom-imprisoning bishops is not most efficient way to exploit yourself some money and prestige, but it works.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #14983 on: September 04, 2020, 02:58:47 pm »

How does this dude have -1300 prestige?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #14984 on: September 04, 2020, 03:03:04 pm »

Imprison, fail because of low intrigue and no spymaster (chance of success is about 10%), beat him down, get 50 prestige for yourself and -200 prestige for him, ransom for 25 gold, repeat until this one runs out of money then find someone else. There probably were guys even deeper in negatives.