Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 998 999 [1000] 1001 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2006450 times)

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #14985 on: September 05, 2020, 06:33:51 am »

Stewardship 1 demesne 9\5 character. While at war (hence slightly negative income) decided it would be a great idea to waste all my money on grand cathedral. The moment i drop in negative money, ALL my provinces are covered in Smuggling Ring and Thieves' Guild AND Robber Band AND Incompetent Ruler. WTF.  :o

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14986 on: September 05, 2020, 06:35:09 am »

it's because you're using anime portraits
Black lives matter.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14987 on: September 05, 2020, 08:36:15 am »

That makes sense.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #14988 on: September 05, 2020, 08:47:29 am »

it's because you're using anime portraits
And you are literal subhuman with not-quite-anime character for an avatar.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14989 on: September 05, 2020, 08:56:49 am »

yeah but at least i'm not using anime portraits

;P
Black lives matter.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14990 on: September 05, 2020, 09:12:16 am »

literal subhuman
What's this referring to, specifically?

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14991 on: September 05, 2020, 09:13:29 am »

I’m not a human, I’m a sentient bow tie.
Black lives matter.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14992 on: September 05, 2020, 09:14:13 am »

I see.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14993 on: September 05, 2020, 10:02:29 am »

Sentient Bowtie: -10 Opinion (Lied to Me) until October 5th, 2020
Black lives matter.

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14994 on: September 05, 2020, 02:05:57 pm »

Stewardship 1 demesne 9\5 character. While at war (hence slightly negative income) decided it would be a great idea to waste all my money on grand cathedral. The moment i drop in negative money, ALL my provinces are covered in Smuggling Ring and Thieves' Guild AND Robber Band AND Incompetent Ruler. WTF.  :o

Well, I suppose that the mean time to happen for debt bad events is related to Stewardship. Decreasing with incresed stewardship.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14995 on: December 11, 2020, 09:53:55 pm »

From the How did you last die thread:
My death hasn't quite happened yet, but I'm 67 and have Chest Pains, Cough, and... Diarrhea.  And I have no court physician, and see no option to search for one - possibly because it's 772.  Jewish steward with 25 (endgame decent) stewardship despite me being an Irish king (duke), but no one to cure me.

It will be fine, though.  The war for "Urmhumbain" is going well (I meant to toggle to Anglicized names...).   If I can just win this war before I die, my heir will have two counties, and his brother the third.  Keeping the peace.

Well - the eventual establishment of a world-changing Irish merchant republic by fire and sword.  That's a kind of peace (hate the hardcoded patriarchy, though). 

It's actually kinda nice to see a county like "Deasmhumhain" and recognize it as the Anglicized "Desmond".  Maybe it's better to keep the real names.

Edit: Somehow I diagnosed it as cancer, but I'm not... quite... dead (my love of hunting mechanically sustains me!)
Edit2:  Agh- so it was a rebellion war against a vassal I'd subjugated, who then conspired against my son because he was unhappy.  But even after his treason, I'm not actually allowed to "revoke" (steal) his title.  He's in my dungeon, and I can kill him or whatever, but that doesn't matter - the blame is on him, not his heir.
That's... actually pretty solid.  Why the heck is the latter system more civilized?

Crusader Kings 2
Edit3: Oh right, the funny thing - Steam labels my game "Trusting no one as King Mr-Din" (Máel-Dúin).  I assume the "trusting no one" is from having no court physician despite hella dying.
But it gets even better!  By granting my second county to a jewish genius, I technically didn't lose any land when I finally died.  Sure, I miss out on the county, but I'm his heir.  I can wait, particularly while he's doing such a good job managing my demesne.  This is truly a win-win.

Edit: CK2's incentivizes things I hate in real life, but games are fun that way.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14996 on: December 12, 2020, 08:29:27 am »

If you're tribal, you can't search for a physician. You can still appoint one with the required Learning or suitable traits, though.
Black lives matter.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14997 on: July 26, 2021, 02:06:22 am »

I'm very annoyed.  I revisited my recent Pictland game (from the "how did you own" thread) and got some Cathar provinces to go with all the Waldensians, and in 819 I went for it.  I'd been steeling for a planned invasion from Denmark (which had expanded way up into Norway and east into Finland) but their king died, so I executed my big plan.  I'd moved my capitol to Leicester much earlier, attempting to adopt the local Catharism, and frustratingly I embraced Feudalism in the process (Due to inheritance, I think).  But I figured that was okay.  A feudal Britannia with gender equality would sure be something.

So why the heck can't I declare religious wars against my neighbors??  It's almost like the Cathars were pacifists or something.  Like, it's cool if they're Jain-esque, but it would be nice if that information was imparted somewhere! 

Maybe I'm particularly annoyed since I had had a nice narrative to this point.  My warlord 22-year-old, when he wasn't slaying people in duels, went aaaalmost all the way to joining Lucifer's Own.  But held out for something better...  In my casual understanding, worshiping Satan would actually have been slightly-enlightened worship of the evil God of the world - The Old Testament God (it which must not be named, out of genuine respect).  According to Cathar ideas, at least what survive.

That went off on a tangent but the point is I don't seem to have the holy war Casus Belli.  Which actually makes a lot of sense, maybe, since they were pretty pacifist... well, fanatically so, probably.  So that's... frustrating.

I know it's right, but it doesn't play into the narrative I'd built of a young hero being chosen to lead a revolution against an evil god.  I guess I had JRPGs on the mind :P  And gnosticism or whatever.

also the tooltips don't seem to mention it at all that I can tell and that sucks.  But I maybe I need to buy Holy Fury if I want that sort of thing.

Edit: DAMN it, I even specifically played this song as I directed the forging of the perfect sword, that would help me conquer the Isles.  How ever did that turn around on me?
Like okay I guess I'll be pacifist THE NORSEMEN ARE GONNA EAT MY FACE but I guess we'll see
« Last Edit: July 26, 2021, 05:01:26 am by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Mkok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14998 on: July 26, 2021, 08:29:49 am »

Isnt it just that christians cant declare holy wars vs other christians? Kinda like byzantines cant go holy warring catholics. Wiki does not mention cathars being pacifists, so they should have same cb as other christians.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14999 on: July 26, 2021, 08:45:09 am »

Yeah, holy war CB can't be used against characters of the same religious group. A specific exception exists for heresy<>parent, but it's no go for two separate heresies or a heresy with different parent. The way you describe the prevalence of Waldensians and Cathars, it sounds like your neighbors are Christians but not Catholics. I'm confident it's not part of (unmodded) Catharism per se.
Pages: 1 ... 998 999 [1000] 1001 1002