Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1000 1001 [1002]

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2005211 times)

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
  • Enclave here, why isn't your video feed working?
    • View Profile
    • [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ylvdlc5.jpg[/IMG]
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #15015 on: July 31, 2021, 03:32:41 am »

Why don't you want to get Holy Fury? Its one of the best DLCs for CK2, admittedly.

Sime

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15016 on: July 31, 2021, 05:39:41 am »

I bought the game and all of the DLCs a couple of years ago for about £120, and immediately installed CK2+ having heard how easy the vanilla game is, and played as Iceland in my first and only game.   Within about 100 or so game hours I managed to create a franchise of  isolated Icelands, like the British supermarket chain, but in every continent including Africa and the far east.     The experience wasn't exactly satisfying, and i haven't  played since.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15017 on: August 01, 2021, 10:52:43 pm »

Why don't you want to get Holy Fury? Its one of the best DLCs for CK2, admittedly.
No good reason, I was just worn out of buying Paradox DLC (thanks largely to Stellaris) at the time.  Since I've been legit enjoying CK2 a lot recently, and the CK2 free-updates seem pretty solid, I'll be thinking about chipping them even more.

I guess it was also like: I'd already paid for Old Gods and Sons of Abraham, so how dare they charge me for refining their religion options further?  But they added a lot of content for abstainers like me, and I generally feel CK2 has been fair about that.

So buying the option for cool custom religions might be pretty cool... though for now, I'm still in a Cathar mood (distracted by other games).
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #15018 on: August 02, 2021, 04:42:10 am »

I bought the game and all of the DLCs a couple of years ago for about £120, and immediately installed CK2+ having heard how easy the vanilla game is, and played as Iceland in my first and only game.   Within about 100 or so game hours I managed to create a franchise of  isolated Icelands, like the British supermarket chain, but in every continent including Africa and the far east.     The experience wasn't exactly satisfying, and i haven't  played since.

I mean, CKII isn't exactly super hard... But deliberately choosing easy mode, and being disappointed that it was easy?
Love, scriver~

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #15019 on: August 06, 2021, 05:26:01 am »

Ngl making merchant republic of Icelands sounds pretty fun

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #15020 on: May 25, 2022, 03:48:18 pm »

Warhammer: Geheimnisnact. Liked new faces. Didn't like new slowdown. For me it runs about 10 times slower than vanilla (or any other mod i tried). Some lazy googling only discovered that it is nothing yet (on given commenter's rig), and few decades into the game it slows down for real. So i wonder:
1. What on earth can cause so much lag?
2. What beast of a processor you need to play this mod?
3. Is mod actually nice?  :P

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #15021 on: May 25, 2022, 03:53:35 pm »

I recall that happening when I tried that mod several years ago.  It also crashed and failed to load, so I guess it's better now?

It was pretty cool back when it was running.

axiomsofdominion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15022 on: May 25, 2022, 08:07:11 pm »

Warhammer: Geheimnisnact. Liked new faces. Didn't like new slowdown. For me it runs about 10 times slower than vanilla (or any other mod i tried). Some lazy googling only discovered that it is nothing yet (on given commenter's rig), and few decades into the game it slows down for real. So i wonder:
1. What on earth can cause so much lag?
2. What beast of a processor you need to play this mod?
3. Is mod actually nice?  :P

This is because you are running all these mechanics through scripting and menus in a way that wasn't ever intended. CK3 has slightly improved this but most super fancy mods still run into these performance issues. If you added all this stuff with source code access it would probably only hit performance 1/3 as hard.
Pages: 1 ... 1000 1001 [1002]