Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 448 449 [450] 451 452 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2011495 times)

Nuttycompa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #6735 on: January 02, 2015, 09:05:32 pm »

Just played vanilla again since the old god and I think this is the funniest run I ever have.

Start from the old god, as a viking (since TOG come out I can't bring myself to play other religion anymore :D)
200 years pass, I hold large chunk of Rus. I think about convert to christian and become feudal but one day I capture a strange egyptian girl from Crimia and she is Zoroastrian, well you should know what happen.
Now I am a Zoroastrian norse lord of russia empire

After that my family begin to orgy like nobody business, untill all my vessel are of my dynasty somehow (I have 175 living member now ;))(still fewer than the Karling  >:()
I did enjoy a benefit of incest for some time, genius everywhere, all my child and relative have base martial at 20 at lease (I have like 5 member with 27 martial)
And the finest of all, my great grandson, a strong genius, who have 40 martian at age 21.
(He become king when he is 23 and got infirm and bedridden at 30, Damn it game!!! >:()

Well after 2-3 generation pass, I think my honeymoon period is over, inbreed start to kick in.
Now I have the most incompetent empire in the world, inbreed mayors under crubfoot duke, inbreed king with inbreed hair
Genius trait has gone and no more vessel with any stat beyond 20  :-\

And seriously if you think your neigbor s**k , I have Romuvo and Slavic in the west, Tengli in the east, Islam and Orthodox in the south , Finnist norse in the north (stop raiding me goddamit!!!)

So yeah, what a good time

« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 09:09:36 pm by Nuttycompa »

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #6736 on: January 03, 2015, 05:36:38 am »

Man, these go from tribe to feudalism / republic achievements are actually quite challenging to get from the old gods start.

Why not just play Irish/Scotish count?  They're all tribal/catholic.  Only hard part is waiting to ramp up tribal org.
I kinda never look at the easymode islands so I didn't even know they were tribals.
The isle of mann/manaw is tribal and certainly not easymode. Every single time I played as them, I managed to go into either feudalism or a republic and immediately scotland/pictland DoWs and stomps me.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Nuttycompa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6737 on: January 03, 2015, 06:15:21 am »

In my opinion, the real easy mode in TOG start is any country with norse religion.
In tribal state when everyone stuck with 1 hold's income, you will be filty rich by oversea raiding.
If you don't plan to expand outside Scandinavia you will never have to deal with infidel and their holy war CB
It also really easy to expand because there is no major power around you.
When you are ready to go feudal, you would have most of Scandinavia under your command at that point. :D

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #6738 on: January 03, 2015, 08:17:35 am »

In my opinion, the real easy mode in TOG start is any country with norse religion.
In tribal state when everyone stuck with 1 hold's income, you will be filty rich by oversea raiding.
If you don't plan to expand outside Scandinavia you will never have to deal with infidel and their holy war CB
When you are ready to go feudalrepublic, you would have most of Scandinavia under your command at that point. :D

FTFY

Oh, is anyone else of the opinion that the "Designated Regent" title is the best thing to happen in this game ever?
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #6739 on: January 03, 2015, 08:46:01 am »

When you are ready to go feudalrepublic, you would have most of Scandinavia under your command at that point. :D

FTFY

Oh, is anyone else of the opinion that the "Designated Regent" title is the best thing to happen in this game ever?
Quite. I do miss the time when my regent tried to assassinate my underaged character several times, finally succeeding by pushing a guard from atop a wall and onto the kid.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6740 on: January 03, 2015, 09:03:52 am »

I mostly see it as a free +20 opinion.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #6741 on: January 03, 2015, 09:04:38 am »

FTFY

Quite. I do miss the time when my regent tried to assassinate my underaged character several times, finally succeeding by pushing a guard from atop a wall and onto the kid.

It's even more hilarious if he fails even still. 'WHY. WON'T. YOU. DIE?!'

Also, as I discovered yesterday, there's even a better title for Republics: Designated. Mofuggin. HEIR.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6742 on: January 03, 2015, 10:32:02 am »

In my Lux Invicta, Celtic Empire, Tuatha De game, I was given the option to designate my second son (slightly better stats than first, but they're both okay) as my heir. Except that when I clicked it, the icon disappeared and he didn't become my heir. I was still given the option for other people, but since I only had two sons I couldn't test to see if it actually would work (since it only works with progeny V:)
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6743 on: January 03, 2015, 01:01:28 pm »

In my Lux Invicta, Celtic Empire, Tuatha De game, I was given the option to designate my second son (slightly better stats than first, but they're both okay) as my heir. Except that when I clicked it, the icon disappeared and he didn't become my heir. I was still given the option for other people, but since I only had two sons I couldn't test to see if it actually would work (since it only works with progeny V:)
There's quite a number of bugs with republics, that's one of them. I've experienced it myself.

Another major one (and extremely annoying in ironman) is sometimes when you become Doge after an assassination, you will instead instalose the game (the message will be it says you lost your last holding). I don't even know why. I think it might be because when you assassinate the Doge, sometimes the game reverts the republic back to feudal and makes you lose your great house.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6744 on: January 03, 2015, 01:14:59 pm »

Well, see, I wasn't a republic.
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6745 on: January 03, 2015, 01:22:23 pm »

Yeah, but you're using the designate heir button which is exclusive to republics and I think one other inheritance type (can't remember which, I think it's an Indian one). That button is bugged.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6746 on: January 03, 2015, 01:33:39 pm »

Ahhh. Okay, I got ya now.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6747 on: January 03, 2015, 02:30:09 pm »

I am just sad that there is no succession by choice, as in the ruler points at one of his kiddos and says "Kiddo, after I kick the bucket, you take the lead". It would prolly give strong claims to every child, and make them dislike you.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6748 on: January 03, 2015, 02:38:56 pm »

Yeah, it would be nice. On the other hand I'm getting kinda okay with the other succession types too with the roleplaying DLC. Since now you don't need to be a ruler to accomplish your goals, I've been perfectly fine just being some schmuck.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6749 on: January 03, 2015, 02:49:30 pm »

Oh, and also, is Way of Life DLC worth the (steep) price?
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.
Pages: 1 ... 448 449 [450] 451 452 ... 1002