Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 472 473 [474] 475 476 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2010705 times)

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #7095 on: January 29, 2015, 05:05:57 pm »

The observatory chain is fantastic, if, uh, yes, a bit OP with the sheer amount of Cultural Points Man Was Not Meant to Possess. I managed to get to the end of it with one guy. There's some nice flavor in some of those events.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #7096 on: January 29, 2015, 06:29:01 pm »

The observatory chain is fantastic, if, uh, yes, a bit OP with the sheer amount of Cultural Points Man Was Not Meant to Possess. I managed to get to the end of it with one guy. There's some nice flavor in some of those events.

I wish the whole "religious head disapproving of astronomy" could result in excommunication or similar, instead of just a opinion penalty.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7097 on: January 29, 2015, 07:48:17 pm »

The teutonic order just got awarded the kingdom of aquitaine. Oh. fuck. Oh. Diddily. Fuckity. Fucking. Fuck.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7098 on: January 29, 2015, 08:53:57 pm »

has anyone done their proper christian duty and just become a vassal of the pope and tried to make the papacy the ruler of the christian world?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7099 on: January 29, 2015, 08:56:13 pm »

Can't imagine that being the proper Christian duty.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #7100 on: January 29, 2015, 08:57:45 pm »

has anyone done their proper christian duty and just become a vassal of the pope and tried to make the papacy the ruler of the christian world?
I'll probably do that on my next game, considering my Abyssinia run ended when I lost Nubia to a king-bishop of my dinasty (no idea how they got the temple holding, but they did) and Abyssinia itself was destroyed by rebels, causing the theocrat to inherit and me getting a game over.

Too bad the pope has no playable starting vassals outside the Stamford Bridge start (that I know of), and there are none in Old Gods or Charlemagne near enough to swear fealty to him.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7101 on: January 29, 2015, 10:51:53 pm »

The teutonic order just got awarded the kingdom of aquitaine. Oh. fuck. Oh. Diddily. Fuckity. Fucking. Fuck.

Hah, you have it bad? In mine, they rule Jerusalem, Ascalon and the surrounding areas after a successful crusade due almost entirely to Eire, Alba and Bhretain Bhaig's combined forces. Crusade would've failed unless my nation and its allies sent help.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #7102 on: January 30, 2015, 03:38:58 am »

I wish the whole "religious head disapproving of astronomy" could result in excommunication or similar, instead of just a opinion penalty.
Either way, that makes Waldensians immune to side-effects of that, then.

Mwahahaha. Dis gon be gud.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #7103 on: January 30, 2015, 08:00:19 am »

So I guess I AM the only one who can't get the observatory chain to trigger for more then one person.

I mean, I only really tried once or twice, so I guess I'll just have to try more.

Also Raddish you should import SUPERWALES into EUIV and try and fight the blob as some Native Americans.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #7104 on: January 30, 2015, 08:44:55 am »

So I guess I AM the only one who can't get the observatory chain to trigger for more then one person.

I mean, I only really tried once or twice, so I guess I'll just have to try more.

Also Raddish you should import SUPERWALES into EUIV and try and fight the blob as some Native Americans.

...did you build the observatory?
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7105 on: January 30, 2015, 09:25:55 am »

They're also called Asturias, now, which is odd because they're still Sunni so they should be named after the ruling dynasty. Breakup time again next time I go on, I think.
Are you sure there's not another independent realm led by an Ummayad. I know that if there's 2 realms ruled by the same muslim dynasty, one keep the name, and the other gets the name of the realm (so Asturias here ? Weird, that they changed it).

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #7106 on: January 30, 2015, 10:44:38 am »

Naming is not based on religion, it's based on culture. I've seen a Levant take dynastic naming conventions despite being orthodox. Seems like the top liege got their culture changed.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #7107 on: January 30, 2015, 11:04:28 am »

...did you build the observatory?

My first guy built the observatory, but when I put my second guy into learning mode the option to build it wasn't there. Would be nice if the observatory carried over so I didn't have to build it again, but if it does I don't know what to do to activate the chain.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #7108 on: January 30, 2015, 12:18:53 pm »

Yeah, you need to build it every time. Silly, but it's likely a balance issue since dear god that is a LOT of tech points you can gain.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #7109 on: January 30, 2015, 09:33:00 pm »

Having trouble with the game. Ive been playing it before on my pc but now it says that the graphics card is not enough after i added some more DLC.

Any advice?
Pages: 1 ... 472 473 [474] 475 476 ... 1002