Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 474 475 [476] 477 478 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 1990658 times)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #7125 on: January 31, 2015, 03:43:31 pm »

That'd fix the weird wigs, but I still don't know if the rest of the game has been injected with files or not. Hrm.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Sartain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7126 on: January 31, 2015, 03:44:54 pm »

I am pretty sure it is if you kill anyone of your dynasty...may be wrong.

If you are christian I believe you can ask for penance from the pope (usually costs a few hundred) to remove it

As far as I know you get it for killing anyone of your Dynasty and the option to remove it is offered by the Pope but not something you can trigger yourself.

Anyone of your dynasty? Really?  :-\

I believe the Pope may offer you the chance to lose it if you ask him for indulgences, but as I'm a Jew that's not going to happen. JEWISH WALES STRONK!

I've never had the Pope offer it as a response to buying indulgence but I suppose it might. And yes I'm pretty sure anyone with the bloodrop gets you the Kinslayer trait.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #7127 on: January 31, 2015, 04:38:42 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
After making brief gains in the lands of what is now Turkey the growth of the Eastern Serbian Empire has since reversed; many dukes and counts have secured independence and the Crimean Peninsula is now also an independent Kingdom (albeit one run by a Miroslav Queen). The Eastern Byzantine Empire seems to be a failed state, soon to be destroyed by civil infighting and Mansurid Sunni prodding. The Empire of Serbian Rus dominates Russia, having crushed numerous rebellions, intervened in several major wars to the benefit of orthodoxy and is in the process of strangling the pagans of Finland and the Russian core to death. Serbian Rus is very much a success of a state, suggesting that the Empire-level title is actually of paramount importance to setting up autonomous Empires larger than Poland and North Africa.
The Kingdom of Africa has begun expanding into the Arabian peninsula of its own accord; though by no means of purely its own merit. 17,000 Serbian Gusars died in the battle of Mount Sinai against the full might of 33,000 Mansurid soldiers in order to decisively win the Holy Campaign. The Serbian Empire itself is halfway through its crushing campaign to eliminate the Karling and Catholic powers that still remain, an altogether successful one which has seen the destruction of Lotharingan, Francian, Bavarian and Calatravan power. The Asturian Kings have been completely destroyed in Iberia and seek refuge in Kent; I will storm their coasts and execute them once my Gusars are done with the Italians. Considering how popular the current Emperor in Holy Serbia is, he will likely inherit the Empire of Serbian Rus as under elective monarchy he is overwhelmingly favoured as the heir. This would temporarily merge the two most powerful Empires in Europe, meaning pagan Lithuania and Sunni Arabia will finally be able to be decisively demolished in one fell reign.

Serb culture is extensively spread throughout the Serbian Empire and Serbian Rus, with enclaves of Serbs in the overseas Pentarchates of Serbia. The Eastern Serbian Empire's failure to either dominate the local culture as its more successful parent-Empires have or assimilate into the local culture as the Berber Serbians have has likely contributed to the high rate of Greek and Armenian Lords demanding independence. Catholicism will fall as soon as its English and Holy Orders are entirely obliterated; the Catholic Norse Lords will likely be destroyed by their Orthodox neighbours.

The Great Conquering continues. Miroslavs vs Everyone else.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7128 on: February 02, 2015, 02:57:37 am »

Spoiler: Thanks, jesus! (click to show/hide)

Uristides

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7129 on: February 02, 2015, 03:38:32 am »

Spoiler: Thanks, jesus! (click to show/hide)
Your dude has that cartoon thing where a small angel and devil appear on his shoulders to give him advice and quarrel over morality  :P

Bastus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7130 on: February 02, 2015, 12:30:54 pm »

I might not remember every part of the bible, but which part said:"Oh and by the way, Jesus was totally like Napoleon. Full on Military genius and stuff."?

And by the way are there any reasons a holy war can stop? I was trying to chew Brunswick out off Francia and suddenly the war was over, the worst part was I had 90-something percent warscore, sooo any ideas? No one died on any side and no one was captured.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7131 on: February 02, 2015, 12:36:08 pm »

They may have converted to your religion (a decision defenders get during holy wars to end the holy war), though I think that makes a popup.  Also it may only be an option for pagans.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #7132 on: February 02, 2015, 01:07:43 pm »

They could've surrender-converted to another nation in holy war with them. I don't think you get a pop up then.

I'm really annoyed with how the war just stops when they do that - in reality you were only protected from "holy war" if you had a king who had been accepted by the Pope. For example, danish and Norwegian rulers carried out what was practically lootfests in Sweden under the excuse of "bringing Christ to the heathens", even though the populace in the richer targeted regions had already been christened at that point. So at the very least you'd think they'd give you a chance to say "no, fuck you, I'm continuing this war regardless" for a big piety/religious relations malus, or end the war but give you a claim on the region or something.

It's kind if sad you don't really have to pamper the pope at all as a catholic king, even at high faith authority. He had a lot to say about who hit to rule and who didn't, after all. For example, William the Conqueror's whole argument for the throne of England was basically "the Pope said I should have it (after I bribed him ridiculous amounts of money)". Well, okay, not quite, but it was part of it.
Love, scriver~

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #7133 on: February 02, 2015, 01:24:54 pm »

Man. Playing Zunists or Zoroastrians is hard.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7134 on: February 02, 2015, 01:29:17 pm »

Well, you CAN ask the Pope for an invasion Casus Belli like the one  William the Conqueror used. I rarely use it because it can only target larger realms than yours and I prefer beating kids for their lunch money first.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #7135 on: February 02, 2015, 02:11:03 pm »

Remember you can actually ask the pope for cash now. Good luck actually getting anything out of him, but still.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #7136 on: February 02, 2015, 02:18:23 pm »

He's got a 100% chance or so to hand over his cash if he's your vassal. You can also get him to hand you claims. It might be a good idea improving relations with him through your priest or chancellor, since papal claims cost a set amount of piety, while regular claim fabrication costs an amount based on your income.

Chosrau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7137 on: February 02, 2015, 02:40:13 pm »

I didn't find Zunists that hard. Your starting castles have quite some infrastructure already, compared to your neighbours, so you can easily blob into them. The only thing you need to worry about is Abbasids coming for you, but sending a good chancellor with "improve Relations" to their court can help with that.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7138 on: February 02, 2015, 03:38:17 pm »

It's fairly difficult. The holy wars are probably the hardest as they'll drain you of decades worth of soldiers to fend them off. The worst however is the neverending religious revolts from the Buddhists and the Sunnis and the Zoroastrians and whatever. You can't get rid of them until you reform and it takes so freaking long to do it. They form with usually 6 - 8 thousand troops which tends to be about how many you yourself can field. And if they form in the middle of a Holy War (which they will) you're completely boned.

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #7139 on: February 02, 2015, 03:47:09 pm »

I didn't find Zunists that hard. Your starting castles have quite some infrastructure already, compared to your neighbours, so you can easily blob into them. The only thing you need to worry about is Abbasids coming for you, but sending a good chancellor with "improve Relations" to their court can help with that.

I actually found it was the Hindus that were the problem. They seem to just spawn 4500 stacks like it ain't no thing, so a single county can get huge (before mercenaries!)
Pages: 1 ... 474 475 [476] 477 478 ... 1002