Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 479 480 [481] 482 483 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2011206 times)

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #7200 on: February 05, 2015, 06:30:15 pm »

Interested, potentially.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7201 on: February 05, 2015, 06:39:43 pm »

Should we do an MP CKII game at some point? I think it could be interesting.
* Deathsword sees flashes of umiman flash-imprisoning Scriptwolf
*cough*

I think that undead lich one was more entertaining. I'm somewhat happy that someone remembers my efforts hehe.

But yeah, listen to Deathsword. CK2 mp games can get extremely boring if not set up properly. Additionally, he's not joking when he says they will be at max 2 speed because everyone needs to do shit nonstop.

A few tips to you guys to force it to be more exciting:

1. Always have close borders. Never have more than one country separating you or be in for extreme boredom. For example, I've played with a friend where I was Brittany and he was Scotland. We played for 10 hours and we never even interacted with each other even once other than arrange marriages.
2. Don't ever let anyone play a republic. It's way too broken for multiplayer.
3. Ideally have everyone start in the same country and be dukes. I recommend Hungary, it's hilarious.
4. Have an objective for victory like "be king" or "defeat someone".

It takes 5+ hours to play a short MP game, budget for that.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #7202 on: February 05, 2015, 06:42:40 pm »

*cough*

I think that undead lich one was more entertaining. I'm somewhat happy that someone remembers my efforts hehe.

Yes, it was. It was also the reason behind the perma-banning of ruler designer. Too bad you started the lich on a remote island, though.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7203 on: February 05, 2015, 06:49:14 pm »

*cough*

Yes, it was. It was also the reason behind the perma-banning of ruler designer. Too bad you started the lich on a remote island, though.
Heh, I did that on purpose. I wanted everyone to carry on like everything was normal for awhile until someone went "what's umi doing? Where is he anywa- HOLY FUCK".

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7204 on: February 05, 2015, 11:20:10 pm »

Honestly, the only reliable way to play CKII MP is if you both have good internet and are geographically close. I can personally attest to me and Scipt playing a Bavaria/Bohemia game and having terrible terrible lag.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7205 on: February 05, 2015, 11:39:23 pm »

So. Um.

My new favourite CK2 religion is Nestorian.

Not only because of the cool cross and hard start (Literally the only one is the Emir of Socotra)

But their heresy is a sect of devil-worshiping incestuous feminists.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7206 on: February 05, 2015, 11:53:22 pm »

So. Um.

Not only because of the cool cross and hard start (Literally the only one is the Emir of Socotra)

* Iceblaster goes to wikipedia that.

damnit. couldn't find anything :P

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #7207 on: February 06, 2015, 12:08:10 am »

The Messalians, or Euchites.  As a practical matter, they were basically a bunch of mystics closer to Syrian Christianity than either the Patriarchate or Pope, but quite a bit of our knowledge comes from their detractors by way of the condemnations that made the heretical.  Of course, it's funnier for Paradox to take all of those at face value and turn them into a bunch of devil-worshiping, incestuous, debauched, feminist cannibals (actually, I don't think Paradox modeled the last one), so, you know...grand fun for the whole family. ^_^

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7208 on: February 06, 2015, 12:36:24 am »

So. Um.

I'm still trying to encourage the Cathar heresy in mainland Europe as a West African superpower.  It's awkward.
And twice now I've tried a Basque start only to get curbstomped.  I'll get it soon, and then...  Gender equality for all!
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7209 on: February 06, 2015, 03:24:26 am »

I find Cathar to be easier...sort of...mostly because it is not as strict as a Basque culture group

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #7210 on: February 06, 2015, 04:07:33 am »

Where does one find Jewish characters to start the game with?

I ask this hoping for one in the 867 start (or whatever year that one is), since I don't like starting later apparently (I've never actually started beyond 1066)
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7211 on: February 06, 2015, 04:15:34 am »

Where does one find Jewish characters to start the game with?

I ask this hoping for one in the 867 start (or whatever year that one is), since I don't like starting later apparently (I've never actually started beyond 1066)

The wiki has a list of interesting characters of different religions, including Jewish.

Looks like there are two in 867, one in Abyssinia and one in the Khanate of Khazaria
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #7212 on: February 06, 2015, 04:27:57 am »

For some reason I tend to avoid wikis of games I'm playing, especially games like CK.

I looked at it once, and now I try to run a Eugenics program whenever I marry off family members.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

blazing glory

« Reply #7213 on: February 06, 2015, 05:26:43 am »

So how much am I missing out on if I don't buy the DLC?

I plan to get the DLC eventually, it's just a bit expensive for me right now.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #7214 on: February 06, 2015, 05:35:04 am »

So how much am I missing out on if I don't buy the DLC?

I plan to get the DLC eventually, it's just a bit expensive for me right now.

Wait for sales, they come quite often and are usually -75% tier. CK2 DLC system is kind enough that you get the update itself for free, the DLC just lets you play the DLC-specific content.

As far as early ones go, Legacy of Rome is important because Retinues are the shit when it comes to dealing with minor internal strife and can be a major supplement to your army at war.

Way of Life is also surprisingly impactful, as the Focus system and associated sweet, sweet bonuses affect all rulers, everywhere, but since it came out very recently it's not going on sale for a while.

The rest for the most part let you play different kinds of rulers with different mechanics, which is very nice, but not a must-have-nao.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 479 480 [481] 482 483 ... 1002